Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 904462 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3765 on: February 16, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
Great to see the big fella back at the ME Bank Centre before the rest of the boys next week

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/media

:thumbsup

Good rig.
Been running heaps by the look of him.
Less weights.
Still strong as stuff but leaner.
Better.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3766 on: February 18, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »
Top Tiger’s tank top-up
richmondfc.com.au 
February 18, 2015

Increased stamina has been a key focus for Richmond star Dustin Martin throughout this pre-season.

Martin is diligently working on his endurance in a bid to spend even more time in the midfield in 2015.

“Obviously you try and improve all over the place, but I’m just trying to get that ‘engine’ up to another level,” he told ‘Roar Vision’.

“I’d probably like to be majority midfield, and then be able to go forward and do a bit of damage, hopefully.”

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-02-18/top-tigers-tank-topup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3767 on: February 18, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »
Great to see the big fella back at the ME Bank Centre before the rest of the boys next week

Good rig.
Less weights.
Better.
Seen him a few times around the tan this summer, not with the team by the way 'doing the hard yards'  :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #3768 on: February 18, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »

Good rig.
Less weights.
Better.
Seen him a few times around the tan this summer, not with the team by the way 'doing the hard yards'  :thumbsup

Yep. I was driving up Punt Rd the Sunday of the Australia day weekend and I saw him kicking a footy around on his own  :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3769 on: February 20, 2015, 01:10:00 AM »
Should've shown him how it's done

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3770 on: February 24, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »
SuperCoach jury: Expert verdict on Dustin Martin
Herald-Sun
February 24, 2015

DUSTIN MARTIN ($534,900 mid/fwd)

Jay Clark: The more midfield time the better for Dusty and the DPP makes him a must-have. Coming into his prime.

Ben Higgins (2014 Herald Sun office league champ): Has been knocked down the pecking order with the arrival of Deledio and Goddard et al as forward options. However, he is extremely consistent and is Richmond’s go-to man in transition. He’s just as good as the top-priced guys and comes at a cheaper price.

Al Paton: Looking forward to the Dusty-Lids combo in my forward line. Damien Hardwick wants to play him more in the guts, if he can add five disposals a game he becomes super elite.

Patrick Warman (2014 SuperCoach winner): Word is he has increased his tank, will only get better. Lots of good forward options but he’s right in the mix.

John Bruyn (2013 SuperCoach winner): Dusty is already a great SuperCoach scorer but just doesn’t seem to go big as often as other premiums. Absolutely not a bad pick but I’m not convinced it’s crucial to start him.

Jock Reynolds (host of Jock Reynolds fantasy football podcast): It’s all about his engine. If he comes into this season with the ability to run out a game — look out.

http://www.news.com.au/national/supercoach-jury-expert-verdict-on-patrick-dangerfield-lance-franklin-dustin-martin-and-more/story-e6frfkp9-1227235853891

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3771 on: March 15, 2015, 05:01:35 AM »
Dusty only knows one way - don't argue with it  :thumbsup

Dustin Martin fends away Port Adelaide youngster Darcy Byrne-Jones. Picture: Colleen Petch Source: News Corp Australia

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3772 on: March 15, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
Was discussing Dusty's don't argue yesterday and I can't work out why it's not taught a lot more as a genuine skill in the game, just like long handballs, the drop punt and banana kicks have evolved from one man party tricks into bona fide skills.  Done properly it makes it so much harder for a chaser to tackle you and gives you breathing space to dispose of the ball more effectively.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3773 on: March 15, 2015, 10:22:24 AM »
Easily best on ground for mine, What did people think of Dusty's game of half back. ?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3774 on: March 15, 2015, 10:52:26 AM »
Was discussing Dusty's don't argue yesterday and I can't work out why it's not taught a lot more as a genuine skill in the game, just like long handballs, the drop punt and banana kicks have evolved from one man party tricks into bona fide skills.  Done properly it makes it so much harder for a chaser to tackle you and gives you breathing space to dispose of the ball more effectively.

Not to mention the intimidation factor for the tackler who knows its coming but has stuff all of an idea as to how he can stop it.
Reckon that port player looked defeated even before his spaghetti armed attempt to tackle
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3775 on: March 15, 2015, 11:56:43 AM »
Chucked 20 e/w @ 50s for brownlow

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3776 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
BOG yesterday by the length of the strait. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3777 on: March 15, 2015, 12:38:30 PM »
Easily best on ground for mine, What did people think of Dusty's game from the centre. ?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3778 on: March 15, 2015, 01:03:53 PM »
Easily best on ground for mine, What did people think of Dusty's game from the centre. ?
Will start in the back pocket against Carlton! ;D
They will never be expecting that!!!

Master stroke! :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3779 on: March 15, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »
Another Hardwick gem coming up
"Sliding doors moment.