Author Topic: Hardwick aftermatch press conference  (Read 3055 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick aftermatch press conference
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »
Dimma after the game:

* Too many turnovers coming out of defence. Blamed our lack of run.

* Asked why did our contested possies fall away? Dimma replied if I knew that I would've turned the game. We just didn't get our hands on the footy.

* We had 76 tackles. Hardwick said footy is pushing towards 100 tackles whereas in his day it was only 30 tackles per game.

* Crows went inside 50 14 more times than us in the last quarter. We couldn't get our hands on the footy at centre bounces.

* We missed a couple of easy shots early. It goes through the side and stops us putting scoreboard pressure on them.

* Drop off was mental rather than physical. Voice dropped away in the last. Could tell that from the coaches box. Will talk to the leadership group about rectifying that.

* I think Dimma said Cuz pulled up okay this morning but it was too great a risk

jackstar is back again

Re: Hardwick aftermatch press conference
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »
What about the pathetic kicks ins Dimma ?
What about our players standing behind there direct opponent at stoppages.
No wonder we got beat by 50 points. :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 08:09:10 PM »
What about the pathetic kicks ins Dimma ?
What about our players standing behind there direct opponent at stoppages.
No wonder we got beat by 50 points. :banghead

His (Hardwicks) explanations are spot on Jacko, absolutely spot on!

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »
Tambling going backwards
Kickins to Crows ruck & 2 on 1 hot
wasting energy going sideways & backwards, short who teaches this rubbish
To top it off l was shocked to see Rewoldt kick the ball 8 feet to a player near him WTF he never play again under me his poo

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 08:14:50 PM »
Dynamic duo @ it again

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »
I thought that Adelaide came out after half time going much harder at the contests.  It seemed only a matter of time before our kids would lose it mentally. There's only so long that you can keep it together when you are being battered by bigger bodies.  A team only needs two or three of the 18 on the ground to drop off and the flood gates open. The writing was on the wall half way through the third.

Not surprised at the result.  Need another two pre seasons to catch up with the competition size-wise.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:27:37 PM »
Tambling going backwards
Kickins to Crows ruck & 2 on 1 hot
wasting energy going sideways & backwards, short who teaches this rubbish
To top it off l was shocked to see Rewoldt kick the ball 8 feet to a player near him WTF he never play again under me his poo

Hey Monk, we must watch a different match to some on here.
tonight was a disgrace
Hardwick has no idea

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:44:49 PM »
No we all seen it and think it was utter crap, it is just that most see the players in the side as the problem where you are convinced it is a coach into his first seven weeks of his appointment.

You thought we were going to surprise this year, you thought we would beat the dogs, you have no idea of how bad this side is.  Your unrealistic expectations show you up for the fool that you are.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »
No we all seen it and think it was utter crap, it is just that most see the players in the side as the problem where you are convinced it is a coach into his first seven weeks of his appointment.

You thought we were going to surprise this year, you thought we would beat the dogs, you have no idea of how bad this side is.  Your unrealistic expectations show you up for the fool that you are.

Look here Fool.
i worked in the joint
Can tell you its still a shambles

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 09:01:14 PM »

this

we have no genuine kpd
we have one young kpf but nothing else
we have 4 quality midfielders , one has been injured most of the year , one has limited pre season and no where near afl fit,  a first year player and a 32 year old struggling for fitness
and past his best..
no established ruckman
little skill in the back half hence lids being moved there..
a lot of kids with limited fitness making it hard to run out games..
after 5 years of a loose attacking game plan we are trying to teach our players a more defensive style..

most other coaches would be doing no better..perhaps a few would have us marginally more compettive but thats about it

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 09:29:22 PM »

Look here Fool.
i worked in the joint
Scrubbin the sh!tters?   
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 09:42:37 PM »

Look here Fool.
i worked in the joint
You worked there 4 years ago for a completely different coach with completely different staff
Hardly in an influential role either, your opinion of your contribution is greatly over exagerated

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers need elder statesmen: Hardwick (RFC)
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »
Tigers need elder statesmen: Hardwick
richmondfc.com.au
By James Bartold
9:30 PM Sun 09 May, 2010

THE CROWS' elder statesmen proved the difference between the teams on Sunday afternoon, and Richmond coach Damien Hardwick knows his side needs to fill this void.

After a 50-point loss against Adelaide that left the Tigers the competition's only winless team, Hardwick said it was the opposition’s maturity that sealed his side’s defeat.

“Adelaide to their credit had really good players that stood up,” he said. “I thought McLeod and Goodwin were outstanding in the last quarter.

“We are looking to develop those long career players who can drive us to continued success.”

Hardwick blamed a lack of poise for his club’s last quarter fade-out, with Adelaide kicking the last eight goals as the game blew out to an unflattering margin.

“I thought our composure was poor about halfway through the third quarter and particularly in the last," Hardwick said.

"Mentally I thought our boys switched off and thought someone else was going to do it."

Trent Cotchin (18 disposals and six tackles) fought hard all day for the Tigers after returning to the team from a leg injury, and Robin Nahas (two goals and one assist) showed glimpses of brilliance.

The Tigers were wasteful in front of goal in the third term, missing five opportunities to pressure Adelaide on the scoreboard.

“We had some really good chances inside 50 from tackling pressure but couldn’t capitalise,” Hardwick said.

Hardwick said he felt confident approaching the final term that his side could still win the match.

“I thought we were in really good shape as Adelaide’s last quarters haven’t been great,” he said.

Mitch Farmer was a late exclusion with a virus but should be fit to face Hawthorn at the MCG next week.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/93937/default.aspx

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 11:24:56 PM »
The criticism of Hardwick is embarrassing.

The expectations are for him to come in and fix problems from day 1. The issues from the kick ins have been addressed, tried and clearly have failed for the past 2 weeks. Back to the drawing board and the proof will be in the pudding how we go about Plan B to try and fix the poor kick ins.

I've heard that just because the club appoints Hardwick doesn't make it right, well it's full circle. Just because Hardwicks first remedy to the problem has failed doesn't make him a failure.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 11:34:03 PM »
I cannot understand the fuss that after 7 games a coach is being criticised on having no plans. Way too early to come up with such tripe on a team that for the most part has players who are substandard.