Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19110 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Buckley
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »
i stand to be corrected but I just couldnt see this prick being too interested in our club...I could be wrong , have been plenty of times this year...Id love it if he had an appetite to be involved but I'll wait and see  :pray

That's one reason I'd want him.  Brings no emotion, favourites or fears of the old boy network, coterie groups etc.  No links because he has never hidden from the fact he has never respected us.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 06:33:44 PM »
Would be a good gamble IMO

viva Bucks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Buckley coach = No more Bowden
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 02:37:07 PM »
Well if Bucks becomes coach it's goodbye Joel Bowden.

He was on 3aw before 2pm and was asked by a caller who was Joel fan about how can you get rid of Bowden when he's one of those who are the heart and soul of the club just like Richo. Bucks replied there's a generational change happening at Richmond which needs to happen and Joel wouldn't be part of the future so he wouldn't keep him.

Bucks also added Simmo, Petts and McMahon but added the condition you would have to know their individual contractual situations.

Of the over 30s, he would keep Cousins because last week he showed for the first time he was adjusting to the style of modern footy and he'll be of value for the next 18 months and also Richo if he comebacks fine from the current injury.

Ramps

Re: Buckley coach = No more Bowden
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 02:40:41 PM »
Well if Bucks becomes coach it's goodbye Joel Bowden.

He was on 3aw before 2pm and was asked by a caller who was Joel fan about how can you get rid of Bowden when he's one of those who are the heart and soul of the club just like Richo. Bucks replied there's a generational change happening at Richmond which needs to happen and Joel wouldn't be part of the future so he wouldn't keep him.

Bucks also added Simmo, Petts and McMahon but added the condition you would have to know their individual contractual situations.

Of the over 30s, he would keep Cousins because last week he showed for the first time he was adjusting to the style of modern footy and he'll be of value for the next 18 months and also Richo if he comebacks fine from the current injury.

I believe this may be a change in Buckleys philosophy, for it was rumoured a while back that he would sack all 6 of the senior group ... keeping Richo and Cousins would put him on the same wavelength as the supporters and more importantly the administration at Punt Rd.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »
i want buckley to coach us esp if we go for the young coach

buckley is a perfectionist and commands respect

the more i hear him speak the more i am impressed. and wouldnt it really pee of eddie and teh skunks if we found success with bucks lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »

the more i hear him speak the more i am impressed. and wouldnt it really pee of eddie and teh skunks if we found success with bucks lol
Maybe your right,  he may well be just what we need. A coach that wont expect anything less than your absolute best, a coach that wont put up with anything less than perfection, a coach that deplores mediocrity........ yeh he sounds good, I'll let him come to Richmond.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Buckley coach = No more Bowden
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »
I believe this may be a change in Buckleys philosophy, for it was rumoured a while back that he would sack all 6 of the senior group ... keeping Richo and Cousins would put him on the same wavelength as the supporters and more importantly the administration at Punt Rd.

I thought it may have been Hardwick who's view it was to get rid of all 6 but forgetting about that

I agree Ramps - it seems Nathan may now be on the right page regarding our over 30's   ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2009, 05:06:18 PM »

Maybe your right,  he may well be just what we need. A coach that wont expect anything less than your absolute best, a coach that wont put up with anything less than perfection, a coach that deplores mediocrity........ yeh he sounds good, I'll let him come to Richmond.

We had a coach like that in 1982 & 83. One of the greats as a player. That unforgiving attitude seemed to upset some of the players going by them leaving.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2009, 05:22:06 PM »

We had a coach like that in 1982 & 83. One of the greats as a player. That unforgiving attitude seemed to upset some of the players going by them leaving.
Sorry mate I disagree with you there. It was the love of money that lured those traitors out of Richmond and maybe some large egos that couldn't hack a former teamate demanding their respect and excellence.
Whats wrong with a coach demanding respect and excellence antway? We need it and I want to see it. A coach that only wants the best. Nothing wrong withthat. I couldnt see Buckley hanging on to players that cant or wont make it.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »
As long as the Lions keep winning, the odds of Bux coaching gets better every day. How good do they look under Vossy.

With Tigers, Port, Pies or North all possibly looking for a coach id say he is a certainty at any one of the first 3. North can forget it. No $
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 07:26:16 PM »
I think the best result for our club is if we got Buckley to coach us.
It by far would be the best result for our club.
As people have said, even if you don't like him, you respect him.
He is professional, intelligent, ruthless, a good communicator and best of all a great leader of men.
We should be selling our club to him over the next 11 weeks and with Jade playing the kids i hope he comes around. I only hope we can prove to hm we are worth the risk.
And also we need Collingwood to keep winning!
 :gotigers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »
Yes. Coaching gigs are as rare as hen's teeth.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 08:06:18 PM »
One's that are capable of feeding Nathan's ego are.  For better or worse, ours is one of those.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 07:33:08 AM »
I personally don't like Bucks but it will would really be good to stick it up Collingwood.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 08:57:50 AM »
Bucks might have to pick from North, Richmond and Port.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do