Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 410778 times)

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch has a fractured right foot [update]
« Reply #2115 on: April 09, 2023, 03:51:15 PM »
Come on down jack .. you’re the man lol

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2116 on: April 09, 2023, 05:22:04 PM »
We’re stuffed, time to tank, hope the draft is looking good

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2117 on: April 09, 2023, 05:32:52 PM »
Did he have niggles last week when his set shot kicking was off? Is there any news how he fractured it?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2118 on: April 09, 2023, 05:37:34 PM »
We’re stuffed, time to tank, hope the draft is looking good

Tank for what mate? Pick 50. We sold the farm to finish 11th-15

What a stupid stupid move.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2119 on: April 09, 2023, 05:40:08 PM »
Just great!  :help

It will be Jack and Ryan next week as there's not much else behind them as far as replacement key forwards :-\.

Bradtke isn't ready for AFL yet and he's injured with a dislocated finger anyway.

Bauer was played back in defence in the VFL despite us lacking key forward targets in the VFL yesterday  :P.

Miller isn't a forward. He's a key back/2nd ruck.

We could end up going back to the future and at times at least during games have a 2017 forward line of one tall and the rest smalls/mids.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2120 on: April 09, 2023, 05:42:26 PM »
I would like to know what, if any of his pre season foot issues have contributed to any of this.

I would also like to know if coming back on made it worse. Gee I wish there was a doctor on here to provide advice.  :banghead

Lastly, I would like to know what our fitness guru has done to counter all these injuries. This is the guru we promoted that learnt his trade and habits over the last few years.

What a mess our conditioning is in at the moment and our issues start with this dud.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2121 on: April 09, 2023, 06:04:44 PM »
I would like to know what, if any of his pre season foot issues have contributed to any of this.

I would also like to know if coming back on made it worse. Gee I wish there was a doctor on here to provide advice.  :banghead

Lastly, I would like to know what our fitness guru has done to counter all these injuries. This is the guru we promoted that learnt his trade and habits over the last few years.

What a mess our conditioning is in at the moment and our issues start with this dud.

Plantar fasciitis isn't related to the fracture - they are separate issues.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2122 on: April 09, 2023, 08:22:33 PM »
I don't think it is reasonable to blame the conditioning staff for bone breaks.

But whatever
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2123 on: April 10, 2023, 05:00:21 AM »
Richmond superstar Tom Lynch is facing at least two months on the sidelines to recover from a broken foot in a huge blow to the Tigers’ finals prospects.

Lynch fractured his right foot in the loss to Western Bulldogs on Saturday and will require surgery to mend the problem in the hope he can return in the back half of the season.

He will be replaced by premiership goal kicker Jack Riewoldt at full forward as the Tigers try and avoid a third-straight loss against Sydney Swans at Adelaide Oval on Friday night.

Source: HeraldSun.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2124 on: April 11, 2023, 06:50:54 PM »
Richmond spearhead Tom Lynch is likely to miss up to three months from the broken foot he suffered against the Western Bulldogs.

While Lynch was initially thought to miss up to two months, the Tigers are bracing for him to miss between 10-12 weeks.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/worse-than-feared-tom-lynch-out-for-up-to-12-weeks-buddy-franklin-to-miss-tigers-clash-20230411-p5czlh.html

:help

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2125 on: April 11, 2023, 07:07:50 PM »
HTF do you break a bone in a foot without any impact? Someone has stuffed up Lynchs rehab

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2126 on: April 11, 2023, 07:12:46 PM »
HTF do you break a bone in a foot without any impact? Someone has stuffed up Lynchs rehab

:shh :shh

Please don’t suggest anything untoward about our man Luke. Imagine for a second it was Peter Burge.

What a shambles.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2127 on: April 11, 2023, 09:32:46 PM »

He had plantar fasciitis on the pre-season. A nasty condition I can attest having just got over it after 8 months. The plantar fascia runs underneath your foot. Quacks told me that you can get stress fractures from it but rarely bone breaks

He now has a broken bone in his foot which has had surgery on. And believe it or not you can indeed break a foot without impact. Simple misstep can cause a break, or a quick change in direction. Which I'm pretty sure would happen in the odd AFL game

Please don’t suggest anything untoward about our man Luke. Imagine for a second it was Peter Burge.

What a shambles.

Nice cheap shot there Frankie, nice to have you back for the season  ;D

But I tell you what. I'm off to a player sponsor function next week I'll be sure to ask him how he did it

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2128 on: April 11, 2023, 10:41:08 PM »

He had plantar fasciitis on the pre-season. A nasty condition I can attest having just got over it after 8 months. The plantar fascia runs underneath your foot. Quacks told me that you can get stress fractures from it but rarely bone breaks

He now has a broken bone in his foot which has had surgery on. And believe it or not you can indeed break a foot without impact. Simple misstep can cause a break, or a quick change in direction. Which I'm pretty sure would happen in the odd AFL game

What a shambles.

Nice cheap shot there Frankie, nice to have you back for the season  ;D

But I tell you what. I'm off to a player sponsor function next week I'll be sure to ask him how he did it

Love your input WP , but the whole conditioning and fitness department has been a utter mess last 2 seasons blind freddy can see it I'm not blaming every injury but so many same reoccurrence.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2129 on: April 12, 2023, 07:25:17 AM »

Love your input WP , but the whole conditioning and fitness department has been a utter mess last 2 seasons blind freddy can see it I'm not blaming every injury but so many same reoccurrence.

I actually said the other day I am not saying or have I said they got this appointment right, far from it.

And I agree with you about our conditioning the last cou0le of years. Clearly more questions than answers and our injury level is unacceptable

But to blame one person for a bloke breaking his foot is drawing a long bow IMHO. We don't have all the details which is actually the most frustrating thing for me.

In years gone by we would have got told which bones were broken, how it happened etc. Now we get crickets on that front.

That is actually one of my biggest gripes with Meehan he says nothing. His weekly video is awful even allowing for the fact he's new in the role, I for one cringe when he gives his update. Tells us nothing substantial and then have people all fired up.