Author Topic: Edwards the sub today  (Read 6143 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Edwards the sub today
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:22 AM »
IMO Edwards is not going anywhere. We may try to trade him but unless they get something half decent for him, he will be running around again with us next year. They will not delist him this year.
I agree Edwards makes heaps of mistakes but like Nahas he takes the game on. We have so many others that will go before him. He will get another year to show something and i personally think he can still turn it around. Needs to play forward of centre too IMO. Playing him off half back is just ridiculous!
Lets be honest, we have way worse than Edwards on our list.... Farmer, Hislop, Nason, Webberley, Taylor.....the list goes on....

Can't agree BT, He might take the game on...well try to until he gets pulped into the turf on every occasion. He won't turn it around unless he puts on another 100kg and learns how to play AFL. 

Edwards problem is not his size. it is what he does when he gets the ball, something he quite capable of doing.

I dont hear people saying some one like eddie bets is too small, yet we never seem to find a match up for these type of players. Their speed and agility contantly leaves opposition players in their wake.

So the question that needs to be asked what is the biggest difference between betts and Edwards?

Size ?  :nope

ability to get the ball?  :nope

what they do with the ball when they get it ?  :yep

one of the greatest players to wear the yellow and black had to move around in the shower to get wet and take extra care not to get washed down the plug hole.

there always has and always will be a role in the game for smaller fleet footed players, they just have to be good enough.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
Agree Al. Our smalls just lack class.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 01:13:23 PM »
X2

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 01:22:42 PM »
I didn't even despise Polo this much... :lol...sorry WP.

;D don't worry Polo was one of the Saints best on Friday night. Most would agree he played a much better game than Edwards did  :rollin 85%+ effciency in disposal as well.....  ;) ;D ;D

:thumbsup..which begs the question...did we get rid of the wrong player???? I had more time for Polo than I did and do for Edwards.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »
IMO Edwards is not going anywhere. We may try to trade him but unless they get something half decent for him, he will be running around again with us next year. They will not delist him this year.
I agree Edwards makes heaps of mistakes but like Nahas he takes the game on. We have so many others that will go before him. He will get another year to show something and i personally think he can still turn it around. Needs to play forward of centre too IMO. Playing him off half back is just ridiculous!
Lets be honest, we have way worse than Edwards on our list.... Farmer, Hislop, Nason, Webberley, Taylor.....the list goes on....

Can't agree BT, He might take the game on...well try to until he gets pulped into the turf on every occasion. He won't turn it around unless he puts on another 100kg and learns how to play AFL. 

Edwards problem is not his size. it is what he does when he gets the ball, something he quite capable of doing.

I dont hear people saying some one like eddie bets is too small, yet we never seem to find a match up for these type of players. Their speed and agility contantly leaves opposition players in their wake.

So the question that needs to be asked what is the biggest difference between betts and Edwards?

Size ?  :nope

ability to get the ball?  :nope

what they do with the ball when they get it ?  :yep

one of the greatest players to wear the yellow and black had to move around in the shower to get wet and take extra care not to get washed down the plug hole.

there always has and always will be a role in the game for smaller fleet footed players, they just have to be good enough.

Betts, Milne etc.. are able to take the hard hits and bounce off them, regroup themselves then kick goals. Edwards gets hit and can't follow up because he is full from eating too much turf!!.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 01:36:21 PM »
:thumbsup..which begs the question...did we get rid of the wrong player???? I had more time for Polo than I did and do for Edwards.

The role currently held by D Jackson is the role that Polo would play IMHO. So in answer to your question yeah we did and probably the same goes for Edwards too  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)