Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 193872 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2017, 07:39:35 PM »
Smoke em if you got em
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
Collingwood have tabled an offer in the region of $700,000 per season for Brisbane forward Josh Schache.

https://twitter.com/TheAFLupdate

Ruanaidh

« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »
Collingwood have tabled an offer in the region of $700,000 per season for Brisbane forward Josh Schache.

Good.  I reckon he has 'Jack Watts' written all over him.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »
Trengove,  Reid, X. Richards - draft Tom McCartin ...and Oscar Clavarino if we're lucky...

Only player I'd offer up our first rounders for is Josh Kelly & he's a midfielder...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
Jack Redpath IMO. Hopefully Cloke gets fit and keeps him out of the side so he's disgruntled.

Guy plays like a proper power forward.

Another good KPD and a midfielder or two as well...

tony_montana

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2017, 09:31:57 PM »

Good.  I reckon he has 'Jack Watts' written all over him.

Yep, Corey Ellis like even, with his lack of intensity.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »

Age reporting that Schache is supposedly going to be dropped the NEAFL this week

Brisbane ressies playing Giants this Saturday before the main game at Spotless.  :clapping

Will be watching the kid closely  ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:54:35 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brisbane Lions' Josh Schache set to be dropped, Lions resigned to losing him

Sam McClure
The Age
18 May 2017

Highly touted Brisbane forward Josh Schache is set to be dropped for Saturday night's clash with Adelaide, with the club believing the constant speculation surrounding his future is affecting his form.

His pending omission comes along with revelations that Richmond have met Schache's management, as the Tigers step up their pursuit of the star teenager.

The Lions are now privately resigned to losing a player they invested heavily in, taking him at pick No. 2 in a national draft held less than 18 months ago.

Fairfax Media understands that senior officials, including coach Chris Fagan and head of football David Noble, believe Schache's form has been affected by constant speculation over him returning home to Victoria.

Schache is out of contract at the end of the year and has held off negotiations with Brisbane, despite the Lions' repeated attempts to offer him a long-term deal.

The Tigers are the only club to have met specifically about Schache, with Carlton and Collingwood, who have previously been linked to him, still monitoring the situation.

GM of football talent Dan Richardson confirmed to Fairfax Media that the Tigers have made their intentions known.

"We've met with [Schache manager] David [Trotter] but we haven't met with the player directly, nor do we think that's appropriate at this time of year, but we are monitoring the situation as it unfolds," Richardson said. "There is no offer on the table."

While the Tigers and Schache's management are adamant an offer is yet to be tabled, the fact they have met about him less than halfway into the season has angered Brisbane.

If Schache does leave Brisbane at season's end, he would be the latest on a growing list of highly rated players to leave the Lions, a problem that continues to plague the embattled club.

Sam Docherty, Jared Polec and Elliott Yeo all left in the space of two days in 2013 and are now playing starring roles for their new clubs.

James Aish came fourth in the 2014 Rising Star award behind Lewis Taylor, Marcus Bontempelli and Luke McDonald and then struggled in 2015 amid talk he was considering a move to Victoria, before ultimately moving to his preferred destination of Collingwood.

Players leaving Queensland clubs – particularly Brisbane – have become such a problem that part of the new CBA negotiations included a push from the AFL that first round draft picks should be forced to spend at least three years at their initial club, instead of the current two.

Brisbane triple premiership coach Leigh Matthews recently referred to the Lions as a "pit stop club" on 3AW while watching Docherty put in another dominant display in the Blues' round seven win over Collingwood at the MCG.

The comment did not go down well at AFL headquarters, and was mentioned when league chief Gillon McLachlan flew to Queensland last week to meet the Lions and the state government over the club's proposed new facility.

McDonald Sports and Talent Management on Wednesday denied reports that Schache will be providing the Lions with a decision whether he'll stay or go during the bye period in two weeks.

Trotter will be having a one-on-one meeting with Schache during the period but a decision on the player's future is more likely to be towards the end of the season.

In his 23 AFL games, Schache has kicked 22 goals, including six this year. He's yet to kick more than two goals in a game.

He was quiet on the weekend, collecting just eight disposals and three marks against Hawthorn in a game where he failed to hit the scoreboard.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/brisbane-lions-josh-schache-set-to-be-dropped-lions-resigned-to-losing-him-20170517-gw735o.html

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:39 PM »
Still very raw, but looks like he has some talent.

At the very least I am glad that Richmond has upset somebody, even if it's the trade period easy-beats in Brisbane.

Tired of 'politely enquiring' about a player's intentions. Just show the money and pinch them from right under their club's nose ffs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »
Hardwick said chasing the key tall, who was recruited by the Lions with pick No.2 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, was not his concern at this stage of the season.

"Those list management decisions I don't really take too much notice at this time of year … I just focus on what I can control," he said.

Source: AFL website

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
"Those list management decisions I don't really take too much notice at this time of year … I just focus on what I can control," he said.

Source: AFL website

Like the last 22 seconds of a game hey dimma

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2017, 11:14:27 AM »

Age reporting that Schache is supposedly going to be dropped the NEAFL this week

Brisbane ressies playing Giants this Saturday before the main game at Spotless.  :clapping

Will be watching the kid closely  ;D

Bump.

When you get a chance WP, please let us know your thoughts on how he went  :thumbsup
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »
Got to see most of the 2nd half

He actually kicked the winning goal

Apart from that....  ::) in the 3rd I didn't think he was playing.

Once I found him i thought he looked totally disinterested, so clearly doesn't want too be there.

I can't give a fair view of the player as such because he was barely sighted. One thing I did notice is he does move very well for a KP player. Needs to bulk up but certainly isn't slow and has a good tank. Apart from that, can't give you anything else

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »
Got to see most of the 2nd half

He actually kicked the winning goal

Apart from that....  ::) in the 3rd I didn't think he was playing.

Once I found him i thought he looked totally disinterested, so clearly doesn't want to be there.

I can't give a fair view of the player as such because he was barely sighted. One thing I did notice is he does move very well for a KP player. Needs to bulk up but certainly isn't slow and has a good tank. Apart from that, can't give you anything else

Cool thank you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 02:08:09 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2017, 06:42:24 PM »
We will hand over a 1st rounder that's the Richmondy way.