Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 61456 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Warning-Krakouer will star at colonwood
« Reply #630 on: October 07, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
$3.60 on Betfair.

We are paying $70.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #631 on: October 07, 2010, 03:05:06 PM »
WEST Coast champion Chris Lewis, who is the indigenous welfare and talent manager at WAFL club Swan Districts, spent a lot of time mentoring Krakouer during the past year.

Lewis believes the 27-year-old can be a far better player at Collingwood than he was during his seven years at the Tigers.

"I don't think Richmond suited him as a footy club, so there were a couple of factors there," Lewis said.

"Obviously he's now been through one of those experiences where he's had the thing he loves doing most - footy - taken away from him, and how he's got an opportunity to get it back.

"He's matured a lot now, he's a really clever player, and I know Collingwood really rotate their midfield so that will suit him well."

Lewis said didn't want to see Krakouer resume in a forward role when he had so much to offer up the ground.

"What he really has been doing is breaking away from pack situations and breaking up the play," he said.

"He's good with his hands and when he gets the ball he just about always sets up a teammate."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103847/default.aspx

the claw

« Reply #632 on: October 08, 2010, 01:08:41 AM »
Krak had great skills. But he was too slow, too slight of build, and he had no engine. That's why he failed at Richmond, and I hope it's why he fails at Scumwood.
i agree with this except the skills bit. his kicking lacks penetration and he missses far to many shots at goal and targets.

the pace of afl will again sort him out imo. too slow to small no motor though that seems to have improved a bit and not polished enough.
of course mick may have a role for him.
in many ways neon the hack has more tools to work with.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #633 on: October 08, 2010, 01:42:02 AM »
Why is Ricky Nixon bad mouthing Richmond?

First saying Tambling was under-developed at Richmond.

Now, Richmond did not suit Krakouer?

Something Off Nixon!

So how is Dustin Martin going at Richmond Ricky?

Does he like it? Please tell us!

Andrew will be "OK" for Collingwood.

Do not want him to do well ... because ... it is Collingwood people!

... hope he does  :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #634 on: October 08, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »

Now, Richmond did not suit Krakouer?

Wasn't it Chris Lewis who said that?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #635 on: October 08, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »
Read the quote Torch it was Lewis.  WTF would Lewis know about Richmond anyway?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #636 on: October 08, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
Its probibly just me... But i think he is throwing the view that our club cant handle Aboriginals? tahts teh Vibe i get from what Nixon says if you know what i meen  >:(

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #637 on: October 08, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »
Krak & Colonwood

jackstar is back again

« Reply #638 on: October 08, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
Krak had great skills. But he was too slow, too slight of build, and he had no engine. That's why he failed at Richmond, and I hope it's why he fails at Scumwood.

completely agree with this

Totally agree with this

jackstar is back again

« Reply #639 on: October 08, 2010, 09:29:57 PM »
and he was one of the worst listeners you will see in AFL
Couldnt follow basic instructions.
WAFL simplicity football suited him. Wait till he gets to Collingwood where he will get 20 page reports each week.
Good luck lad !

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #640 on: October 08, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »
best of luck to Krak, call me crazy but I thought it was Kraks lack of pace that ultimately cost him putting his print on senior afl footy, notice he was always at his best in the wet and prominent at lower levels..with the pace a yard or two slower. he has some tricks sure but there aint too many slow players that can cut it at the level and he was never BIG on winning much of the pill. all the best to him anyway, i was always a fan :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Krak's Bak
« Reply #641 on: October 21, 2010, 03:02:40 AM »
Some Richmond discussion in Caro's interview with Krak in today's Age......

How football saved Krakouer
Caroline Wilson
October 21, 2010

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/how-football-saved-krakouer-20101020-16u8u.html

Andrew Krakouer joined Gerard Neesham's trail-blazing Clontarf Academy at 16, was selected by South Fremantle and was already the father of a baby girl, initially leaving his partner Barbara and daughter at home in Perth when he joined Richmond with that club's third draft pick before the 2001 season.

''I'm glad he's in, in one sense, but I'm also worried,'' Neesham said at the time. 'He's atypical of the whole system and Richmond's picked him on a wing and a prayer.

''He's only played seven Colts games, it's ludicrous that he's been picked, really.''

Says Krakouer now of his teenaged journey to Melbourne: ''I didn't know what to expect I was pretty young. It was an unknown world to me. Probably looking back I didn't do things to the best of my ability. Certainly my fitness levels are a lot better than they were then.''

Neesham cautiously supported Richmond's handling of his former charge - who lived with his mother Fiona Krakouer when he first moved to Melbourne - and felt that should he survive the AFL system through to 21 then Richmond would have a 10-year player on its hands.

But he could not have foreseen the ugly family feud that led to the events that took place in Fremantle just before Christmas 2006, when Andrew was 23. Nor could former North Melbourne champion Jimmy, who in those early days at Tigerland would occasionally call his son's coach Danny Frawley from Perth's maximum security Casuarina Prison and plead with Frawley to work his son hard. ''Make sure he has a real crack,'' he would say.''Don't let him waste his life.''

At the end of 2007, six seasons later, after 102 games with the Tigers, Krakouer was delisted, spending his final year with Richmond with the serious assault charge hanging over him.

Full article at:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/how-football-saved-krakouer-20101020-16u8u.html

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]
« Reply #642 on: March 26, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »
This is extremely bitter sweet watching Andrew Krakouer tear it up at Collingwood.
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #643 on: March 26, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
Krak will rip it up this year.

Any player is going to look better in a Collingwood side. Put him in Brisbane or West Coasts side and it'd be a different story.

Daniel Kerr has struggled ever since WCE have slipped. Put Kerr in a Saints or Geelong jumper and he'd be a 10 times better player.

Krak will have a good career with the pies.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #644 on: March 26, 2011, 06:08:37 PM »
This is extremely bitter sweet watching Andrew Krakouer tear it up at Collingwood.

Don't do your head in too much Mat, there was no way he could stay on our list and we would have delisted or traded him at the end of his last year anyway. There is no way we would of wasted a draft pick on him this year either he does not fit our plan going forward.

Like PL said he is good in a good side but he needs good players around him to support him, he couldnt stand up at Richmond when surrounded by average players. If the Pies have a form slump ( :pray) this year you can put money on it that Krak won't be one of the players to pull them out of it. He will probably be one of the players that started it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"