Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 120014 times)

Rampstar

I think we should give the boy a chance. Hes a fantastic size. He is also a cro so he should have some ingrained mongrel in him which all ruckmen need.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
I have no problem with doing it.

Free throw at the stumps list and cap wise.

IMO it's a proactive move and I hope it works out.

I was more pointing out the BS that was posted.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lets try again - there is a lot of potential upside to this recruitment and no downside.

If he's a dude then we have lost absolutely nothing.

This is a good news story not another opportunity to take a pot shot

Agree

But unfortunately, like it or not, agree with it or not, the Club by their actions this season have created the angst/anger that is directed at everything they do.

Yep and theirs a word floating around that address that phenomenon, it's called Tigeritis™®©. Where supporters get unhappy and blame Richmond for absolutely anything they can

Rampstar

Lets try again - there is a lot of potential upside to this recruitment and no downside.

If he's a dude then we have lost absolutely nothing.

This is a good news story not another opportunity to take a pot shot

Agree

But unfortunately, like it or not, agree with it or not, the Club by their actions this season have created the angst/anger that is directed at everything they do.

Yep and theirs a word floating around that address that phenomenon, it's called Tigeritis™®©. Where supporters get unhappy and blame Richmond for absolutely anything they can

they deserve everything they cop. 34 years of ongoing failure. they should just cop it on the chin and try and improve their own performances. When they start to get some success the supporters will get off their backs.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
..................No one is ever going to be 100% happy with the club ..................

??????? Not even after a premiership win ??????

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
..................No one is ever going to be 100% happy with the club ..................

??????? Not even after a premiership win ??????

There will still be players who people under rate, coaching decision that are questioned, recruiting decisions queried, progress argued and development debated. That's fine but hopefully people would spend a greater percentage of time enjoying the moment and smelling the roses after bringing home a flag.

We'll find out soon anyway  :whistle

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
This ol darksider isn't perturbed in regards to this situation.

Could b nothing - could be ok.

Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
If we wanted to nab a giant lump of wood I'd have thought Ricky Lounders boy would just about be ready
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Soldo solid in football debut
richmondfc.com.au 
July 31, 2014

Richmond’s rookie-in-waiting, Ivan Soldo, made a solid start to his Australian Football career last weekend.

The cousin of the Tigers’ No. 1 ruckman, Ivan Maric, who was signed by Richmond as a three-year, non-registered Category B rookie last week, lined up for TAC Cup team the Northern Knights in their clash with Gippsland Power at Morwell.

Soldo, a former state basketballer, played only the first half of the match, but acquitted himself admirably.

The 204cm, 106kg, 18-year-old finished with one kicks, two handballs, one mark and plenty of hit-outs in his ruck role.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-31/soldo-solid-in-football-debut

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
richmondfc.com.au 
July 31, 2014

The 204cm, 106kg, 18-year-old finished with one kicks, two handballs, one mark and plenty of hit-outs in his ruck role.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-31/soldo-solid-in-football-debut

Excellent use of grammar there RFC.com.au  :thumbsup

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Coming along very nicely Ty, another ace from the bottom of the pack from that wily one fj.........again  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Stefan Martin, playing great footy for Brissy, didn't start playing footy til he was 19.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
I did not realise it at the time but back in march I umpired a reserve practice match between Albury and Queenbean. The big ruckman from Queenbean was called Ivan and he carved up in the ruck and was very good around the ground. I found it strange to begin with as the onballers were giving him instructions on where to go and where to positions himself. It was a hot day, about 32 degrees so they rested him in the fourth quarter so he could help out the seniors. He played very well.
I only found out yesterday that it was Ivan Soldo.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
richmondfc.com.au 
July 31, 2014

Excellent use of grammar there RFC.com.au  :thumbsup

I think he kicked it twice
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
I did not realise it at the time but back in march I umpired a reserve practice match between Albury and Queenbean. The big ruckman from Queenbean was called Ivan and he carved up in the ruck and was very good around the ground. I found it strange to begin with as the onballers were giving him instructions on where to go and where to positions himself. It was a hot day, about 32 degrees so they rested him in the fourth quarter so he could help out the seniors. He played very well.
I only found out yesterday that it was Ivan Soldo.

That's promising then yandb. I hope he continues to develop and proves a lot around here terribly wrong  :thumbsup