Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 120069 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ivan Soldo [merged]
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2022, 09:00:49 AM »
Still think we need to get on the list a super athletic agile type instead of relying on dinosaurs like big ivan.

Neither cats or swans have great rucks this years best teams over hyped for me the crash and bash ruckman still does his job.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #541 on: October 12, 2022, 10:04:14 AM »
Still think we need to get on the list a super athletic agile type instead of relying on dinosaurs like big ivan.

Would you have taken Grundy knowing that Pies were paying $300k out if his $900-1kk wage?

I would have.

Doubt we would have had cap room this coming season, 2024 yes but 2023 nope
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #542 on: October 12, 2022, 03:07:34 PM »
WHY CONTRACTED RICHMOND RUCKMAN WASN'T PART OF HOPPER DEAL

By Laurence Rosen
SEN
12 October 2022

Richmond’s GM of Football Talent Blair Hartley has lifted the lid on the “really mature conversations” which took place around Ivan Soldo during the trade period.

Soldo underwent a medical at GWS, having being linked with a move up north as part of the trade to bring Jacob Hopper to Punt Road.

But despite speculation, the contracted Soldo ultimately stayed at Richmond and wasn’t part of the deal.

Hartley was delighted that Soldo is staying put, confirming that as the trade period unfolded, the odds of the Tigers big man leaving grew.

“These sort of deals transpire and we look at all avenues to try and get deals done,” Hartley told AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Exchange.

“Ivan found himself out of the team towards the back end of last year and he turned down a really strong offer from the Western Bulldogs at the end of last season coming off an ACL.

“We just had a really mature conversation with his management (saying) that if Ivan wanted to explore his options, we wouldn’t stand in his way despite having two years to run.

“The longer it went on, we wanted to keep him at Richmond and GWS were in a position to realign their cap and that means he stays at Richmond.

“He is very much a key contributor to us, both on and off the field. We’re delighted he’s staying with and looking forward to what he contributes next season.”

Soldo remains contracted to Richmond until the end of the 2024 season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/12/why-contracted-richmond-ruckman-wasnt-part-of-hopper-deal/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #543 on: October 13, 2022, 12:02:41 AM »

Would you have taken Grundy knowing that Pies were paying $300k out if his $900-1kk wage?

I would have.
Have always liked Grundy as a player and yes he is huge not only at a ruck contest but around the ground and when the ball hits the ground. Imo similar to Nankervis but just better in each area especially the ruck contest.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 10:12:11 AM by the claw »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: October 21, 2022, 06:11:06 PM »
Richmond rapt Soldo is staying

At one stage, 2019 premiership ruckman Ivan Soldo appeared to be a chance to depart Tigerland and join the Giants as part of the Hopper deal.

Soldo met with GWS officials in Sydney and did a medical at the club.

In the end, however, the Tigers were able to secure Hopper’s services, and retain those of Soldo, much to their delight.

“We’re happy to keep Ivan . . . he’s a ripper,” Richmond’s general manager of football talent Blair Hartley said on this week’s special post-trade episode of the Club’s podcast, Talking Tigers.

“He was well within his rights to have a look. That’s all part of the process now.

“There’s talk of a five-man interchange (next season) and playing two rucks . . . we’ve toyed with that in the past.

“Ivan got a pretty hefty offer from the Western Bulldogs at the end of last year and we spoke to him about that and, in a roundabout way, convinced him to stay.

“Things didn’t always go to plan (this year). He’s coming off an ACL, which is hard, especially as a big guy.

“So, we’re really excited about what he’s going to bring next year.

“He’s just got a lot more to learn. You look at the best ruckmen and when they hit their prime and it’s right at this age now. He’s hit 26 . . .

“The big boys take time.”

Soldo, who made his AFL debut with Richmond in 2017, has played 49 senior games, including the 2019 Grand Final triumph over GWS, and kicked 16 goals.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1239703/richmond-rapt-soldo-is-staying

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2023, 06:24:34 PM »
Big Ivan is named in the squad as 1st ruck. Will be his first game since Round 19 last year if he plays.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #546 on: April 28, 2023, 11:57:34 AM »
Returning ruckman Ivan Soldo would not be intimidated by the prospect of facing in-form Gold Coast captain Jarrod Witts.

“He’s one of those guys, he doesn’t let the pressure of the game get to him that much,” Hardwick said.

“Witts plays high game time, say 85, 90 per cent … (we will consider) how we manage our guys with regard to keeping them fresh going up against one of their best players.”

Source: HeraldSun.

Broadsword

« Reply #547 on: April 28, 2023, 12:58:39 PM »
As long as he kicks a goal we should win.  :cheers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: April 28, 2023, 01:43:49 PM »
I am just hoping he get s a kick

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #549 on: April 28, 2023, 01:57:53 PM »
I am just hoping he get s a kick
will probably watch the ball when he drops it
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ivan Soldo - 50th game this week
« Reply #550 on: April 28, 2023, 05:17:56 PM »
Big Ivan's 50th game on Sunday.

2017    7
2018    1
2019  14 ..... premiership
2020  14 ..... season ending ACL in round 17
2021    -
2022  13
2023    1*
---------------
Total  50* games

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/I/Ivan_Soldo.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ivan Soldo - 50th game this week
« Reply #551 on: April 28, 2023, 11:04:30 PM »
In 49 games Ivan Soldo has: 34 wins; 385 disposals; 1018 hit outs; kicked 16.8 for goal, a flag and has captured the heart, mind and soul of Richmond rucks tragics.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_TT/status/1651847858256248832

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #552 on: April 30, 2023, 03:31:25 PM »
Oh dear :facepalm :facepalm

Just remembered how terrible this bloke is  :help
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #553 on: April 30, 2023, 03:37:41 PM »
Oh dear :facepalm :facepalm

Just remembered how terrible this bloke is  :help
+1
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Broadsword

« Reply #554 on: April 30, 2023, 04:32:38 PM »
We just need him to drift forward and kick a goal and we win. Stick him in the goal square for the start of the 3rd, Dimma!