Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 272335 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2655 on: April 08, 2022, 01:51:43 PM »
Our lack of run and overlap I think contributes a lot to it. His greatest weapon being his fast hands and the work rate is so average he has zero options. He has lost pace and his decision making is also that little bite slower but I remember in 2016/2017 off season the rise of Edward’s came with Caracalla Hardwick and co recognising they need to be on when edwards has ball in hand

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2656 on: April 08, 2022, 01:58:20 PM »
Can't seem to find a teammate with a handball over short distance at the moment. Seems to have lost all confidence with his disposal. Without his ability to setup his teammates he doesn't have a lot left in his repotoire at this point in his career unfortunately. Having said this it is still early days season wise but the signs aren't great.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2657 on: April 16, 2022, 04:45:44 PM »
Lovely passage of play from Shedda just now.
Shame Lynch couldn't capitalise.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2658 on: April 16, 2022, 07:46:05 PM »
Better today....still struggling though.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2659 on: April 16, 2022, 07:58:53 PM »
Better today....still struggling though.... :shh
Parker, Costagna, Ross. Three that are far worse than even a "Struggling" Edwards. On the downslope but far from our biggest problem.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2660 on: April 16, 2022, 08:03:13 PM »
Ross was one of the few who actually put his body on the line...on at least one occasion leading to a goal for us....that alone puts him in the top 10 in my book......the far more hyped and highly rated Ralphsmith on the other hand.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2661 on: April 16, 2022, 08:11:31 PM »
Thought Ross was very good tonight.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2662 on: April 16, 2022, 08:16:50 PM »
One good passage of play and the rest was putrid. If other players can’t perform better than Ross then they shouldn’t be in the team. I’m referring to hugo aarts and any other dud we have.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2663 on: April 16, 2022, 08:18:26 PM »

Not from where I was sitting at the Adelaide Oval

A couple really poor non efforts

It was Shedda's best game this year; easily
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2664 on: April 16, 2022, 08:32:55 PM »

Ross is soft he had one tough contest at half back that resulted in us getting a goal but all in all he’s pretty much the the softest player in the team
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2665 on: April 16, 2022, 08:47:28 PM »
Shed had a good game tonight, lifted and linked well.

Ross just can't kick, bemused as to the role they persist with.
Go Tigers!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2666 on: April 16, 2022, 11:29:11 PM »

Ross is soft he had one tough contest at half back that resulted in us getting a goal but all in all he’s pretty much the the softest player in the team
he lacks hardness at times but that's a terrible call. Ralphsmith has him covered by a mile in the poor effort area.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2667 on: April 17, 2022, 10:09:43 PM »
Thought Edwards was a bit meh. Had a good third quarter but if people think hes not a part of the problem moving fwd then they have their blinkers on.

People know where i stand id prefer we bite the bullet and put games into younger blokes.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2668 on: April 17, 2022, 10:29:32 PM »
 No matter what your opinion is it won’t change the clubs thinking. They will introduce players into the side based on injury, form and needs and won’t throw the towel in at this stage of the season.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but I would like a culture where the aim is to win games.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2669 on: April 17, 2022, 10:54:36 PM »
No matter what your opinion is it won’t change the clubs thinking. They will introduce players into the side based on injury, form and needs and won’t throw the towel in at this stage of the season.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion but I would like a culture where the aim is to win games.

In what deluded world do you think say playing Sonsie this week instead of say Castagna or Edwards is throwing the towel in.
No one ever goes into games not wanting to win.

Do you really think im here to change the clubs opinion lol. im here to give a simple opinion an opinion  what i believe is the right opinion for us for where we are currently at.

There is always the aim to win every single game you go into but there has to be a realisation that we wont be winning any flags over the next few seasons at least and plan accordingly.

You want form well there is two sides to form there is also those out of form.

Sonsie has been good for how many weeks he may have been a little bit quiter this week but he has done enough. How much more do you want out of Mansell he is exactly what we are lacking. Stacks game not good enough for you and he has been building nicely.

Gibcus was a bit sore but has been good and has rested no need to make him spend the rest of the season in the mnagoos.treat him like the others and bring him straight back or does that only apply to the favorites. Some culture that.

You don't think its time to play RC-D he has performed all sorts of roles and worked on all sorts of areas to their pleasure its bloody time to play him.

You keep harping on as though the kids in the two's have been absolutely hopeless when the truth is those being spoken about have done well.Seems no matter the kid, favorites will always take precedence for you. Kids are performing roles better than the incumbents in the seniors.

Play the freakin kids but play em in well structured teams with plenty of PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS around them.That is whats needed and the longer we keep on fantasising about premierships the harder it will get.

A simple question for everyone. ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE FLAG THIS YEAR. If you answer no then there is only one path to take given the age of our list.