Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee  (Read 13685 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs Werribee
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2008, 08:38:44 PM »
and he is a wog which is maybe that vital ingredient that we have been missing at punt road.

play the greek god maybe he will be the next kouta
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »
Gourdis will come good to IMHO. Whether its as a Full Back or a Key Forward- or even as a tall WING playing a Richo role - Gourdis's athleticism should see him come through.

Hopefully he is working hard on any kicking deficiencies he has. I believe he will come good also. An athlete playing footy. Has a big ticker just like the Great Man.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »
I totally agree Ramps, Gourdis could be a very damaging on a wing.

He needs to do his time down back as he currently is because i think he may have suffered from dominating up fwd as a junior. I think coz he dominated as a fwd he has never really learnt the art of also being defensive.

He has come on in leaps and bounds which has been encouraging. He works hard and is disappointed in himself when he does the wrong thing.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2008, 09:22:52 PM »
I totally agree Ramps, Gourdis could be a very damaging on a wing.

He needs to do his time down back as he currently is because i think he may have suffered from dominating up fwd as a junior. I think coz he dominated as a fwd he has never really learnt the art of also being defensive.

He has come on in leaps and bounds which has been encouraging. He works hard and is disappointed in himself when he does the wrong thing.

Has he bulked up TFL without sacrificing pace ?

Is he playing on shorter opponents and winning balls at ground level, or playing a predominant running link-type role ?

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »
certainly have high hopes for gourdis.....i'm not overly fussed where he plays....tho if his kicking can be improved it woudl be tantalising having him as a key forward with his blistering speed and leap....would be hard to match...
if not....he coudl be the answer to buddy franklin in our backline....got the speed and the jumping ability to keep up with buddy...big boy too by all reports...

very promising indeed

Tigermonk

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2008, 08:25:57 AM »
certainly have high hopes for gourdis.....i'm not overly fussed where he plays....tho if his kicking can be improved it woudl be tantalising having him as a key forward with his blistering speed and leap....would be hard to match...
if not....he coudl be the answer to buddy franklin in our backline....got the speed and the jumping ability to keep up with buddy...big boy too by all reports...

very promising indeed

Richmond have a habit of drafting players who cant kick

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2008, 09:08:57 PM »

very promising indeed

Agree - though I reckon he will take some time. Important to not go overboard with the expectations, like we do sometimes  ;D

Very good mark btw
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

richmondrules

« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2008, 07:47:21 AM »
Well guys I just waded though this whole tread trying to find out reports on the players from the Coburg vs Werribee game. Didnt get much info did I.

Please guys dont turn this board into a board where every thread turns out the same.

Tank / not tank
Sack TW / not sack TW
These players should go / These players should stay.

The above topics have no business in this thread and unless some of you (you know who you are) stop this crap poeple will stop comming and reading.

We need threads like the training tread , the resiess match reports and others to be about the topic. Maybe we could sticky the three topics above and make a policy these are the only place these should be talked about.

Just about had enough   Fluffy
That makes two of us :thumbsup

Good luck Fluffy.

It would be nice if we could keep the negative, self serving, barrow pushing, repetitive discussion to just 1 or 2 threads. The Coburg thread has always been an oasis in the sea of discontent but even this is not safe from the ravages of the feral hoards.

The board is hard to read at the moment, so many posts to ignore, and the good ones get lost.

Oops. Just realised how long ago you posted this. Told you the good posts get lost. Sorry to bring this back to the top. Carry on.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2008, 03:39:55 PM »
Stats (from EOTT):

Jack - 10 marks, kicked 5.4
Rance - 35 disposals, 5 tackles
Howat - 35 disposals after a quiet start
Morton - 31 disposals
Polo - 29 disposals
JON - 28 disposals, 9 marks, 5 tackles
Hyde - 27 disposals
Jackson - 24 disposals in 3 qtrs (injured last qtr)
Graham - 19 disposals, 10 marks
Cartledge - 21 disposals
Collard - 22 disposals, 6 tackles

Full player descriptions at:
http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »
Stats (from EOTT):

Jack - 10 marks, kicked 5.4
Rance - 35 disposals, 5 tackles
Howat - 35 disposals after a quiet start
Morton - 31 disposals
Polo - 29 disposals
JON - 28 disposals, 9 marks, 5 tackles
Hyde - 27 disposals
Jackson - 24 disposals in 3 qtrs (injured last qtr)
Graham - 19 disposals, 10 marks
Cartledge - 21 disposals
Collard - 22 disposals, 6 tackles

Full player descriptions at:
http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

Now there is a nice set of numbers for the future of the RFC.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Werribee - match report (Coburg site)
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2008, 07:47:34 PM »
Match Report Vs. Werribee
coburgtigers.com.au

The Coburg sides travelled over to Werribee this week to take on their namesake Werribee ‘Tigers’. After a run of four successive wins, the Coburg side went into the match as favourites.

The Burgers came out firing in the first quarter, kicking 13 scoring shots to Werribee’s measly 2, and from there the game was pretty safely in Coburg’s grasp for the rest of the match. Although inaccurate, the Burger boys left with a comfortable 37 point win.

¼ Time: Coburg 7.6 (48)   Werribee 1.1 (7)

After such a dominant first quarter from Coburg, Werribee lifted their work rate and fought back in the second term kicking four goals and holding Coburg to only two. Both sides backlines held up well, and the play wasn’t as free flowing as it had been.

After a large stint with Richmond Jack Riewoldt returned to the Coburg side and teamed up with goal kicking team mate Cleve Hughes in the forward line. Together the two were lethal as they kicked 9 of the Burgers 14 goals for the match.

Cleve Hughes has one of the best set of hands in the VFL and was dominant in the air. He along with a lot of other Burger players will be highly looked at when the VFL side of the year is selected at the end of the year.

½ Time: Coburg 9.8 (62)   Werribee 5.3 (33)

Coburg were extremely wasteful up forward in the third quarter as they kicked a very inaccurate 3 goals 8 behinds. Fortunately it didn’t matter too much as The Coburg backmen were supreme and held their opposition to only 8 points for the term.

Alex Rance produced his finest game yet for the Burgers in a classy display that saw him collect many possessions and put a tight hold on his opponent. Angus Graham also played his best game for the season teaming up well with Tristan Cartledge in the ruck. The two are great at always providing a contest in the middle and giving their mates first use of the ball.

¾ Time: Coburg 12.16 (88)   Werribee 6.5 (41)

Going into the last quarter the Burgers held a formidable 47 point lead.

Dean Polo returned to his best form with a best on ground display.
He used the ball as well as anyone on the ground and found plenty of it. After a very solid display for the year in the seconds, Clayton Collard debuted for the Burger seniors and put in a fantastic effort. Clayton was involved in many goal assists and his pressure on the ball was ferocious. Cam Howat and Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls were also standout players for Coburg.

The Burgers head down to Tassie this week to take on the Devils on Saturday starting at 1.00pm, while the Reserves have another bye.

Coburg Tigers    7.6 9.8 12.16 14.19 (103)
Werribee Tigers 1.1 5.3   6.5    10.6 (66)

Goal Kickers: C. Hughes 5, J. Riewoldt 4, C. Howat, A. Graham, F. Caruso, A. Collins, C. Collard
Best Players: D. Polo, A. Rance, C. Collard, C. Howat, J. Oakley-Nicholls, A. Graham

RESERVES

The Reserves made it seven wins from seven starts as they made fairly easy work of Werribee. After a tight first quarter the boys ran away with it in the second term kicking 7 goals, finishing the match with a 74 point victory.

Rhett Jordan kicked in with 4 goals, while Travis Casserly and Josh Jones added 6 between them. Steve Foster and Glen Carrick were the Burgers best on the day.

Coburg Tigers    3.6 10.11 13.19 20.23 (143)
Werribee Tigers 3.5   6.6     6.8    10.9 (69)

Goal Kickers: R. Jordan 4, T. Casserly 3, J. Jones 3, J. De Sousa 2, D. Putt 2, B. Clifton 2, P. Currie, D. Rayson, G. Carrick, T. Groves
Best Players: S. Foster, G. Carrick, R. Jordan, T. Casserly, J. Jones, N. Cattapan

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10471-0-0&sID=56260&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=5580830&sectionID=56260

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2008, 10:27:31 PM »
[quote various]

Good luck Fluffy.

It would be nice if we could keep the negative, self serving, barrow pushing, repetitive discussion to just 1 or 2 threads. The Coburg thread has always been an oasis in the sea of discontent but even this is not safe from the ravages of the feral hoards.

The board is hard to read at the moment, so many posts to ignore, and the good ones get lost.

[/quote]
Here here.  Have a whinge if you must but surely a couple of times is enough to get your point across.  Why hijack every single damn post with your negative crap?  Spoils the debate sifting through the tripe.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »
[quote various]

Good luck Fluffy.

Here here.  Have a whinge if you must but surely a couple of times is enough to get your point across.  Why hijack every single damn post with your negative crap?  Spoils the debate sifting through the tripe.
[/quote]That make it three of us :thumbsup

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »
Well I count at least 5 Mopsy, but I think there may be a few more out there just watching with interest as to what happens. Its also nice to see some actaul discussion about the Coburg match. I think and hope the message has been taken and the thread for the Coburg match this week will be about just that.

I live in hope anyway as I love this board.    :gotigers
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2008, 07:27:29 AM »
Same here.  That makes 6.