Author Topic: AGM - Wed 20 December  (Read 3542 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AGM - Wed 20 December
« on: November 23, 2006, 03:58:44 PM »
Richmond Football Club Ltd.    
AC.N. 005 563 011

122nd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

The Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Football Club Ltd ("the Club") will be held at the Savoy Room, Grand Hyatt Melbourne on Wednesday, 20 December 2006 at 6.00pm to transact the following business:

1. To receive and consider the Annual Financial Report (comprising the financial statements and notes for the year and the Directors' declaration about the statements and notes) and notes and the Directors' Report and Declaration;

2. To vote on the proposed changes to the Club's Constitution;

3. Declaration of Poll for the Election of three Directors of the Club;

4. Presentation of Club Awards;

5. Election of Life Members; and

6. To transact any other business which may lawfully be brought forward.

ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS

In accordance with the Articles of Association of the Club, the positions of Robert Dalton, Anthony Mithen, and Maurice O'Shannassy are to be filled by an election.

Each of these Directors being eligible, may offer themselves for re-election.

Nominations for the position of the three (3) Directors will be accepted at the Club until 8.00pm on Wednesday, 29 November 2006. All nominees shall be a member of the Club and the nominations shall also be signed by two (2) members of the Club (in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Club).

Under the Articles of Association of the Club, the nominee and their proposer and seconder and all members intending to vote must have been a financial member of the Club for the 2006 year by the 30th day of August 2006.

Potential nominees should be aware that due to the obligations upon the Directors, it will be necessary for any new Director to be subjected to a police investigation and any other enquiries necessary to ensure that the Director meets the criteria of the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 (formerly, the Liquor Control Act 1987) and the Gambling Regulation Act 2003 (formerly, the Gaming Machine Control Act 1991) and the Commissions established pursuant to both those Acts.
Nomination Forms and further information are available by enquiry to the Company Secretary, Michael Stahl at the Club on (03) 9426 4415.

Signed:

M F Stahl
16 November 2006

Note:
In respect to any matter about which a vote of members is held, including the election of Office Bearers and business conducted at the Annual General Meeting, each member eligible to vote is entitled to one (1) vote only. Every member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy.   ­

The following notice regarding appointment of proxies is in a form required by the Corporations Act: Every member who is entitled to cast two or more votes may appoint two proxies and may specify the proportion or number of votes each proxy is appointed to exercise. If two proxies are appointed, each proxy must be appointed to represent a specific proportion of the member's voting rights. A proxy need not be a member. Member's wishing to cast a proxy vote can contact the Company Secretary at the Club on (03) 9426 4415 in order to gain a proxy form. Proxies need to be received at the Club not less than 24 hours prior to the time set down for the meeting.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: AGM - Wed 20 December
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 04:31:14 PM »
2. To vote on the proposed changes to the Club's Constitution;

Anyone know what the changes are? Anything to do with that silly 100 signature rule?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AGM amendments to the Club constitution
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 04:28:52 AM »
Just a few amendments to the Club's constitution :P

-------------------------------

Explanatory memorandum for proposed amendments to the Richmond Football Club Limited Constitution

The directors of the Richmond Football Club recommend that the proposed amendments to the Articles of Association of the Club as presented in the accompanying marked-up version of that document be adopted at the 20 December 2006 Annual General Meeting.

To assist in understanding the proposed amendments, following is an explanation of the significant proposed changes.

1   The Articles of Association have been renamed the Constitution to reflect changes in the Corporations Act 2001 and to modernise the document. Consequential changes have been made throughout the document and all references to "article" have been changed to "clause". In this memorandum, we use the term "clause" when referring to a part of the Constitution.
For ease of reference, an index has been inserted.

2    In clause 2:

2.1 The definition of Associate Member has been deleted as there is no such membership category. Consequential changes have been made throughout the document.

2.2 Definitions for Chief Executive Officer and Company Secretary have been included and are used throughout the document in place of the historic terms General Manager and Secretary, respectively.

3      In clause 3:

3.1   Clause 3.1.3 is added to give the Board flexibility to establish new membership categories from time to time. This change reflects what has been happening in practice as it is unduly cumbersome to amend the Constitution each time that a new membership category is established or eliminated.

3.2  Clause 3.3.2 now reflects the established criteria by which persons are elevated to Life Member status.

3.3  Clauses 3.9 and 3.10 are 'deleted because they are no longer of any effect.

4      In clause 4.1.1, the amendment reflects the fact that some membership categories allow installment payments (eg, the Rolling Tiger) and full payment is not necessarily received by 31 August in each year.

5       In clause 6:

5.1  Under the Corporations Act, notice need be given only 21 days before the Annual General Meeting and clause 6.1.1 is changed accordingly.

5.2  The form of proxy in clause 6.3.2(a) has been moved to annexure A.

5.3  In clause 6.6, clarifying amendments have been made with respect to the quorum requirements.

6         In clause 8:

6.1  Throughout the Constitution, persons who serve on the Board will be referred to as directors and the term "members" will apply only to members of the Club. This eliminates confusion and accords with common business practice.

6.2  For cost savings

(a) The Board believes that the documents for the election of directors should be mailed at the same time as the documents for the Annual General Meeting. This is not possible under the current Articles so the amendments to clause 8.2.2(e) are intended to achieve this result.

(b) The Board believes that a suitably qualified individual other than the appointed auditor of the Club should be able to act as returning officer for the election. The amendment to clause 8.2.4 is intended to achieve this result.

6.3 The new term "Permitted Election Material" has been inserted in clause 8.2.2(e) to refer to the campaign material which candidates can include in the mail-out to members.

6.4 Clause 8.2.7 is amended to allow electronic and other forms of voting.

7    In clause 11:

7.1 The amendment to clause 11.1 is to document the current process which makes the President an additional member of all Board committees.

7.2 Clause 11.4.1 is amended to reflect the current (and historic) make-up of the Cricket Committee.

7.3 Clause 11.4.3 is deleted as the Football Director has not, in recent times, been a member of the Cricket Committee.

8    In clause 15:

8.1 Clause 15.1 is amended to reflect the current situation regarding patrons.

8.2 The term of President and the term of Vice President, respectively, are clarified in clause 15.2 and clause 15.3.

8.3 The restriction on the Chief Executive Officer or Company Secretary serving as a director is deleted in clause 15.4.

9    In clause 16.2(d), the Board is given power to require a member to pay for damages to the Club and the disciplinary fine is increased from $20 to $100.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:56:41 AM »
Thanks for the info.  :)
When I got my letter about the AGM last week I noticed item 2 of business to be transacted was to vote on proposed changes to the Club's constitiution. I didn't know why it was there and thought it must be a standard item on the agenda because nothing about any changes accompanied the notice.
I was hoping the 100 member rule was going to be amended. I think it might have been altered in Corporate Law but can't be too careful when you've been bitten once already.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 01:07:59 PM »
Thanks for the info.  :)
When I got my letter about the AGM last week I noticed item 2 of business to be transacted was to vote on proposed changes to the Club's constitiution. I didn't know why it was there and thought it must be a standard item on the agenda because nothing about any changes accompanied the notice.
I was hoping the 100 member rule was going to be amended. I think it might have been altered in Corporate Law but can't be too careful when you've been bitten once already.

Yeah FF, you would hope that 100 member rule has changed. I notice the Club now has power to require a member to pay for damages to the club. I wonder if selfishly grandstanding and forcing the club to waste money on a EGM can be classed as actions "damaging to the club" lol.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 01:11:10 PM »

I notice the Club now has power to require a member to pay for damages to the club. I wonder if selfishly grandstanding and forcing the club to waste money on a EGM can be classed as actions "damaging to the club" lol.

If it covered that you'd be wanting to charge more than $100 ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 04:02:54 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 03:49:44 PM »

Yeah FF, you would hope that 100 member rule has changed. I notice the Club now has power to require a member to pay for damages to the club. I wonder if selfishly grandstanding and forcing the club to waste money on a EGM can be classed as actions "damaging to the club" lol.
I'm still angry about that "selfishly grandstanding" person from a few years ago and his delusions of grandeur.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 11:16:03 PM »

I'm still angry about that "selfishly grandstanding" person from a few years ago and his delusions of grandeur.

Wearing a bit of egg on their faces now those tools - Knowing them they probably still don't get it anyway. :wallywink

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: AGM - Wed 20 December/No Election!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 01:02:32 PM »
No election at Tigerland
8:17:07 AM Tue 5 December, 2006
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond has confirmed that its three current Board members standing for re-election will be unopposed at the Club’s Annual General Meeting on December 20, 2006.

Maurice O’Shannassy, Rob Dalton and Garry Cameron were not challenged for their positions on the Board of Directors when nominations closed at 8pm on November 29. This means they will be automatically reappointed to the Board.

The Tigers’ AGM will be held at 6pm on Wednesday, December 20 in the Savoy Room at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=308759

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 01:54:51 PM »
I thought the 3rd board member up for re-election was Anthony Mithen, not Garry Cameron.  ???

I'm very happy that the 3, and the rest of the board, can continue doing what they're doing without the distraction.  :)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 03:05:56 PM »
I'm very happy that the 3, and the rest of the board, can continue doing what they're doing without the distraction.  :)
Ditto, fish.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 05:54:57 PM »
Anyone who challenged almost a real $1 million profit would be an idiot.

I guess this also means Ihhan's wish to join the board and become Prez has been put on the backburner.

I thought the 3rd board member up for re-election was Anthony Mithen, not Garry Cameron.  ???

Someone better tell Mithen as he thought he was one of the 3 lol.

Moi

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
Wasn't only one person selfishly grandstanding for their benefit and not the club's  ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 02:38:25 AM »
Anyone from here going to the AGM tomorrow night?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: AGM - Tivs awarded life membership
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 02:29:22 AM »
Tivs was awarded life membership (for reaching his 150th game this season) as was long-serving official Laurie Pearson.

Any other news from last night's AGM? Any questions asked?