Author Topic: Wonder kid Bryce Gibbs  (Read 7355 times)

PuntRdRoar

Re: Wonder kid Bryce Gibbs
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 03:28:09 PM »
We have a shocking draw, we have senior players who drop their heads when things go sour, and we have young guys who will start to get tagged. I hope im wrong but i see us finishing bottom 3 after the draw came out!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 05:09:40 AM »
We usually start seasons well then stuff up on the run home. So we may surprise during the first 10 tough weeks. The first few rounds always have major upsets as some sides are ahead of others in their preparation and it takes a few weeks to iron out the cobwebs. It's the second half of the year that sorts out the real challenges from the pretenders.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 11:25:07 AM »
Mitch Thorp= Richmond :cheers

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 01:52:56 PM »
IMO Selwood is currently overrated IMO!

True that Selwood is currently overrater, but he does have significant talent, way better than Marc Murphy IMHO!

Thorp is so far infront of Hansen at the moment it isnt funny! For mine if RFC had pick 1 at this point of time, regardless of the hype of some players we must take Thorp!

Thorp is not only in front of Hansen at this stage but has even more potential going foward IMO. Would love for Thorp to be at Richmond next year, but i personally wouldn't mind Hansen if he is all that's left at our pick.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 12:55:30 PM »
Suppose we draft Thorp, i reckon he will be used at FF rather than FB because IMO Thursfield is going to be groomed as our next FB

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 10:22:07 PM »
Cleve Hughes I have heard is now earmarked as our next full forward. Thorp however does have ability to go forward and be a goalkicker- except I just wanna see us find a 10 year full back. For mine Will Thursfield at 190cm is way to small to play at Full Back.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 05:23:19 PM »
Hope Crows dont land the Gibbs F/S

No way we're getting a top 3 pick unless we trade for it!

Don't be so sure...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 06:17:08 PM »
Hope Crows dont land the Gibbs F/S

Yep it's still up in the air whether he will qualify as a F/S going by an article in the Advertiser yesterday - http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/footy/story_page/0,8747,17766213%255E25397,00.html]link

Gibbs and James Sellar are training with the Crows for a week as part of their scholarships with the AIS/AFL Academy. Mark Austin and Chris Schmidt are training with Port.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »
Cleve Hughes I have heard is now earmarked as our next full forward. Thorp however does have ability to go forward and be a goalkicker- except I just wanna see us find a 10 year full back. For mine Will Thursfield at 190cm is way to small to play at Full Back.

Yeah, Thorp would definitely make a better FB than Thursfield!

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 03:38:50 AM »

Yeah, Thorp would definitely make a better FB than Thursfield!

FB you don't need a superstar. You'd hope someone already on our list: Moore, McGaune, Thursfeid will mature into a 200 game player in that postion rather than us have to 'seek one out'. Thursty is only 19. He could grow a bit more and will fill out. Leo Barry is 185cm.

Top 10 draft picks should be aimed at the best KPP (CHF mostly at junior level) and outstanding midfeidlers.

Put simply we don't take the best midfeidler we should be looking for a gun future CHF, not a FB. If he doesn't cut the mustard then he could be looked at as a defensve prospect: ie. Polak.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2006, 11:46:34 AM »
Thats why Thorp for me is the player we need. He could easily play full forward...but the fact we have Hughes means that can go to full back.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 10:23:29 AM »
Thats why Thorp for me is the player we need. He could easily play full forward...but the fact we have Hughes means that can go to full back.

Agreed Ramps

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 02:04:37 AM »
Looks like Gibbs is off to the Crows. The AFL are going to shift the 20-year qualification period for SANFL father-sons forward 5 years ::) so he can taken under the F/S rule. Under the old period his dad only played 191 SANFL games - 9 short of the 200 needed. Under the new timeframe his dad played 253.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 04:02:34 PM »
This could end up in the courts, especially if clubs like collingwood and essendon are near the bottom.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »
I could be wrong but Brett Ebert technically didn't qualify for the F/S rule for the same reason as Gibbs but nobody checked properly at the time because they all assumed it was ok given Russell Ebert played something like 500 games or whatever it was so it went through without anyone querying it. Ironically in Brett Ebert's case, the new time period would of made him definitely ineligible. Imagine the quandry the AFL would have been in if Gibbs and Ebert entered the draft the same year.