Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300631 times)

tony_montana

Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #375 on: May 19, 2013, 06:57:06 PM »
what i liked most was he had a massive 1st half, then for a period in the 3rd qtr he made a few mistakes and instead of going into his shell thinking bugger it jobs done Ive got enough brownie points, he stepped it up and finished with a big last qtr. Now we are starting to see the results of all the pre season talk about his engine and how well he runs. Great performance  :cheers

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #376 on: May 19, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »
We now have another genuine and influential mid who can run wild. Was in everything today. A credit to his hard work. Well done kid

Vlastuin not far behind.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: May 19, 2013, 08:11:34 PM »
He was epic today, Tigger not far behind and Dusty also contributed.
Nice to see the future on display making demons future look even bleaker
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Gigantor

« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »
lol @ epic..nice touch there yellow

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »
BOG for mine today huge impact and a huge tank.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »
Not bad for a pea hearted second year player

Rampstar

« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »
Gone past Grigg.

Even good ol smokey in here has gone past Grigg lol  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »
 :lol   :bow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #383 on: May 20, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »
Electric Ellis
By richmondfc.com.au
Monday, May 20, 2013

The 39 disposals racked up by Richmond’s rising star, Brandon Ellis, in a best-on-ground display against Melbourne at the MCG yesterday (Sunday, May 19), was the equal-highest number by a teenager in the AFL competition for the past 20 years.

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-20/-electric-ellis

gerkin greg

« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2013, 01:10:13 PM »
Good boy  :clapping

Not bad for a pea hearted second year player

with no tank

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
Who was calling for this kid to go to Coburg? Best game I have seen a young player play in a long time.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: May 20, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »
Who was calling for this kid to go to Coburg? Best game I have seen a young player play in a long time.

Must have been more than one surely. Only one poster calling for his head means the kids a gun.  :whistle

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #387 on: May 20, 2013, 03:03:33 PM »
Was a different player against Melbourne.  Ran hard to get to every contest or to receive and took some strong marks.  Didn't look exhausted and wasn't jogging around aimlessly by half time like in previous matches.  But then, it was against Melbourne and they love to turn the ball over which will reward a team that is always behind the contests.  Still, this is the effort we should expect every week.

16 possessions in the first quarter and the dees were in front.  His disposals were mostly inconsequential.  I would love to know the total meters gained from his 39 disposals.  There were plenty of sideways and backwards 15m chips and hot potato handballs.  Still fumbles and turns the ball over under pressure.  But that could be blamed on Richmond's ineffective defensive game plan that broke down and kept Melbourne in the contest for four quarters rather than any fault of the kids.  At least we know he is capable of running hard now.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
His disposals were mostly inconsequential.  I would love to know the total meters gained from his 39 disposals.  There were plenty of sideways and backwards 15m chips and hot potato handballs.  Still fumbles and turns the ball over under pressure.

Well that has to be the most ridiculous post I've read on here for a long time...and that's saying something !
At least we know he is capable of running hard now.
You're only making yourself sound sillier now.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »
Was a different player against Melbourne.  Ran hard to get to every contest or to receive and took some strong marks.  Didn't look exhausted and wasn't jogging around aimlessly by half time like in previous matches.  But then, it was against Melbourne and they love to turn the ball over which will reward a team that is always behind the contests.  Still, this is the effort we should expect every week.

16 possessions in the first quarter and the dees were in front.  His disposals were mostly inconsequential.  I would love to know the total meters gained from his 39 disposals.  There were plenty of sideways and backwards 15m chips and hot potato handballs.  Still fumbles and turns the ball over under pressure.  But that could be blamed on Richmond's ineffective defensive game plan that broke down and kept Melbourne in the contest for four quarters rather than any fault of the kids.  At least we know he is capable of running hard now.

I think you should stick a plug in it, preferably 2 plugs.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”