Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Whatever you say poor man’s claw

Same tendency to flood the forum with pot shots directed at everything and everyone at the club and then at other posters who dare question your opinion

:shh :shh :shh
Exhibit A right on cue  -cry harder...you're like a poor man's Al ...same smug self-righteousness but without the wit & humour he had to temper it......(although at least you don't also spout leftist dribble like he was prone to on occasion so I'll give you that)....if Meehan decided on concussions we'd have comatose players being sent back out.... :shh :shh :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: A little perspective…
« Last post by JP Tiger on Today at 10:10:06 PM »
I've barracked for Richmond since 1966, so there's nothing new under the sun results-wise. Although I do note that Melbourne Storm outscored Richmond, so maybe that's new.
:thumbsup   
« Last post by torch on Today at 10:04:58 PM »
I've been supporting Richmond since 1972

Member for 43 years

I'll also support them, wiil always be a member. The Club has given me so much. I've seen the highest of highs and been through the years of the being in footy wilderness... wouldn't change it

But it's also OK to be critical of the Club.

For me at the moment it's not the results that are gnawing at me it is the lack of effort. It is beyond disappointing. I haven't questioned the effort for a very long time...

BTW great post mat  :clapping

“It’s the lack of effort.”

Couldn’t agree more. Pressure, tackling and running hard doesn’t take skill or a game plan to do.

Increase the pressure, tackling and hard running and we don’t lose by that amount.

I question whether our “11 Premiership” players, excluding Vlastuin and Rioli, are leading by example?

Our cubs need matches, keep blooding them.

Our “Premiership Players” need to not accept the past two weeks.
Richmond Rant / Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Last post by Wazza on Today at 09:08:34 PM »
Part of the Hardwick era....let's send a fwd to half back, so he can learn defence.
How about we put the fwd in the pocket so he can kick goals and keep confidence up🤦
With confidence cumbo could kick more....he did burst onto the scene in his first few games and then it feels like he wasn't sighted again...
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by Wazza on Today at 09:01:40 PM »
I think the rules just have to be simplified. There should be no prior op. If you are caught and don't dispose correctly. You are gone.
If there are hands in the back (fwd or backline) it's in the back. Umps should not be made to make split second judgements on force, prior, sufficient attempt etc. Call the rules black and white...no grey area.
The players will all adjust their game style accordingly to how the decisions are paid, if the umps pay them the same and effectively every game.
And while we are on rules, please Nick off the 666 and stand rule 🤦
« Last post by WilliamPowell on Today at 08:52:56 PM »
I've been supporting Richmond since 1972

Member for 43 years

I'll also support them, wiil always be a member. The Club has given me so much. I've seen the highest of highs and been through the years of the being in footy wilderness... wouldn't change it

But it's also OK to be critical of the Club.

For me at the moment it's not the results that are gnawing at me it is the lack of effort. It is beyond disappointing. I haven't questioned the effort for a very long time...

BTW great post mat  :clapping
Richmond Rant / Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Last post by pmac21 on Today at 08:45:26 PM »
The smart teams trade, then trade up, then trade up again to get higher and higher. 
Time for us to utilize the number of picks we have currently then trade out a few players and ,3-5 picks in the top 15-25 while keeping pick 1or 2
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by pmac21 on Today at 08:40:45 PM »
The whole industry needs to be called out by someone prominent.  The umpiring in all games is pathetic as are the rules in general.
It's time the afl are taken to task on how the games are being officiated.
Not sure how but this needs to happen
« Last post by Piping Shrike on Today at 08:20:57 PM »
I've barracked for Richmond since 1966, so there's nothing new under the sun results-wise. Although I do note that Melbourne Storm outscored Richmond, so maybe that's new.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10