Author Topic: Round 1: Richmond Vs Carlton  (Read 17265 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Round 1: Richmond Vs Carlton
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »
just as a side note here..should roberts be carrying what appears to me excess luggage?...

NO

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
Wow didn't expect that but what the hey, just goes to show how bad we really are, at least now I can stop deluding myself that we might win a game. BTW anyone wan't to blow Edwards trumpet now........ what a terrible player, he honestly has nothing going for him, why the hell Tuck didn't play is beyond me. Don't tell me Edwards is the future.... :o

One more question, do we have a game plan, I am sure that Wallace would have done better last night with the core group of players he had at his disposal. I am not knocking Hardwick but geez, what the hell was going on???? I don't even think the players knew.

Do not suggest Wallace would have done better. Hardwick changed the structure and got numbers back after Carlton were smashes us in the middle. Got numbers back and played mroe man on man for a bit and then got the Zone pretty well done for mine. The Hardwick Zone is mile sbetter than Wallaces imitation. It was so obvious Hardwick knew the ins and out of the Zone defence compared to seasons where Wallace tried to copy it. The players clearly knew where to stand and what spots were thinner than others. On many occasions the blues coffed it up because of teh zone. In previous years we'd have been lucky for it to happen twice in a game under Wallace.

"Do Not", how about you don't tell me to "do not"pal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't agree with your comments anyway and if Hardwick knew the in's and out's surely he should not have selected EDWARDS!!! If the game plan was that good why the hell did we get flogged????? Could you imagine the margin had Fev and Judd been in the side????? We would have been been flogged by more than last year, wake up, we have not progressed anyware other than "younger players"!!!!

::) embarrassing. I'm not your enemy WAT. relax.

Sorry PL, my bike ride sorted me out... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »

:lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2010, 10:34:59 PM »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2010, 01:05:25 AM »

Motorbike BTW, with the boys, they would love to meet you.... :shh

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2010, 01:07:09 AM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2010, 01:31:53 AM »

Not in the way you are either Davey... ;)

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »
Gee, I'm glad i haven't been able to get online until now.

While disappointed, no real surprises in what i saw Thursday night.

Except one.

Just before half time we had posession in the back pocket. Deledio was standing on the edge of the square on the wing, right in front of me. There was space for him to lead to but he just stood there with his hands on his hips and looking at the ground. He didn't even look at the man with ball.

Given his second half performance (or lack of), i suppose he may have been crook, but geez, very very ordinary for someone regarded as a senior player with so much natural ability.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Rex

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
Gee, I'm glad i haven't been able to get online until now.

While disappointed, no real surprises in what i saw Thursday night.

Except one.

Just before half time we had posession in the back pocket. Deledio was standing on the edge of the square on the wing, right in front of me. There was space for him to lead to but he just stood there with his hands on his hips and looking at the ground. He didn't even look at the man with ball.

Given his second half performance (or lack of), i suppose he may have been crook, but geez, very very ordinary for someone regarded as a senior player with so much natural ability.
Totally agree, Gave nothing all night. We played too short, Post, Polo, Polack, Rance should have played as should had Tucky & McTurnover. A little bit more experience goes a long way

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »
finished watching the replay.

a lot of positives i took out of, but a lot of negatives too.

it is not all horrible.

i think we needed another target.

our midfield got smashed, but the midfield 75% of the time, were: Daniel Jackson, Adam Thomson and Dustin Martin.

Adam Thomson is a tryer and needs more time in the midfield. Hardwick said that our quick improvement will come from the 2nd-4th year players and this is what i could see.

Thomson got a chance to play in the midfield with Daniel Jackson. Dustin Martin i thought was very good!

1st match, he would of been very nervous, and slowly got into the match but most importantly, tackled and put his head over the football.

Brett Deledio ... ... ... Terry Wallace is right, he will be a Robert Murphy. Deledio will be that player who will never be the elite!

in the third quarter, Deledio was never seen, he had two touches, 90 seconds from three quarter time.

Richard Tambling, he is never played in the one position and he tried. Even though, Jackson, Thomson and Martin were in the midfield, Tambling should be there.

I think Tambling should be played as a lead up half-forward!

Shane Edwards, fudges up too many times, DELIST thank you, play Matthew Dea or Webberley!

Interesting that Morton started the third quarter on the bench! Didn't get on untill the 10 minute mark!

:)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »
Contact between Carlton’s Jarrad Waite and Richmond’s Daniel Connors from the first quarter of Thursday’s match was assessed. The impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/91255/default.aspx

Tigermonk

« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »
Contact between Carlton’s Jarrad Waite and Richmond’s Daniel Connors from the first quarter of Thursday’s match was assessed. The impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/91255/default.aspx

He threw the punch & should be suspended regardless, even throwing the punch should be deemed reckless
A set of rules for certain clubs yet Richmond players get cursed when it comes to being sited  :banghead :banghead

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »
Channel 10 Sport showed footage of the incident. They suggested that charges weren't pursued because Waite threw a punch at Jackson,missed him, and clocked Connors instead. Seems like bizarre reasoning to me. I'm with you TigerMonk.Jake King can get suspended for something that wasn't picked up by the cameras and not even the umpire at the time saw. Yet our players seem to be fair game. :banghead 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2010, 12:33:35 AM »
Waite was lucky there was footage of him punching Connors in the jaw. He might have been in trouble if there wasn't any film of the incident as happened to Kingy ???.

Seriously what was the difference?!  ???. The tribunal basing their decisions on player reputation and history.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »
Double standards at its best.

If anything wasn't there intent even if Waite missed his intended target. ::)