Author Topic: Matthew McDonough [merged]  (Read 31308 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matthew McDonough [merged]
« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
could take etc's spot i reckon. etc has basically been unsighted for weeks now.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2015, 04:07:04 PM »
I think he is a VFL footballer at best. Helbig had more upside. Hell even Weberley.
He is overweight for an AFL footballer and has no real weapon.
I know we all want to see something in some of our two's players but IMO it's not Matt.
Just my take and would be over the moon to be wrong!!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »
Helbig had absolutely no upside and Webberly was one of the worst recruits in our history. McDonough is positively Rioli-like compared to those two.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: June 21, 2015, 04:45:39 PM »
Helbig :lol

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
The highlight of Webberley's career was getting subbed off in 2nd quarter against the gold Coast in Cairns.

I probably wouldn't use him as an example
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: June 21, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
Yep - the first and I think only non- injured player to ever be subbed off before half-time, if nothing else you could say he made history.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: June 21, 2015, 05:07:43 PM »
Helbig had absolutely no upside and Webberly was one of the worst recruits in our history. McDonough is positively Rioli-like compared to those two.
Let's be honest you probably idolized those two while they were on our list. Now they are gone they were the worst recruits in history.

What do you see in McDonough?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #352 on: June 21, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »
Donut looks a natural inside mid who can play. He now looks like a man - I did not notice he is fat, yet he looks less of a boy. Watching yesterdays third quarter: I though I can see how donut used to get 35 possession games in the juniors.

On the back of the vfl game: I also reckon Lennon and Lambert are best 22 players, so what would I know?

On helbig, I liked him. He reminded me a bit of vlastuin. I am not sure if morris, hunt, grigg are any better than Dea or McDonough. I am just hoping donuts is not delisted, without getting a decent go. Like helbig. More so when there is a fleet on senior blokes the selection panel favor that are questionable
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: June 21, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
Let's be honest you probably idolized those two while they were on our list. Now they are gone they were the worst recruits in history.

Well that's pretty condescending and immature, though true to form for you, to suggest that but anyway...apart from his good footskills and footy smarts, not much actually, I agree that he's slow and I doubt he can be the clearance player at AFL level that he is at VFL level...but you said he was worse than Helbig & Webberly - which he clearly isn't. Would still like to see him given a decent  run of games as a midfielder/hff...

- Thomas Sowell

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: June 21, 2015, 05:54:52 PM »

Well that's pretty condescending and immature, though true to form for you, to suggest that but anyway...apart from his good footskills and footy smarts, not much actually, I agree that he's slow and I doubt he can be the clearance player at AFL level that he is at VFL level...but you said he was worse than Helbig & Webberly - which he clearly isn't. Would still like to see him given a decent  run of games as a midfielder/hff...
It was suppose to be condescending so I'm glad you got that. I'd like to be more immature too but I don't think I need to put everyone else through that.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: June 21, 2015, 06:21:54 PM »
LMAO

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: June 21, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
I think he is a VFL footballer at best. Helbig had more upside. Hell even Weberley.
I know we all want to see something in some of our two's players but IMO it's not Matt.

I think his weapons are his kicking and footy smarts. Both are enough to ensure he makes it given the opportunity.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #357 on: June 23, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #358 on: June 23, 2015, 08:24:43 PM »
Agree hes a bum. Whats the odds on us keeping him for another three yrs rather than making a call that should be made. small player 3rd yr struggling with obvious deficiencies usually equates to havent seen enough too hard to make a call give him 3 yrs to be sure..

AHH the merry go round.  it isnt changing. false hope, over rating performances, no substance. BUT we will win a flag with these blokes in 2 or 3 yrs time.hhhhaaaarrrrgggghhh

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: June 23, 2015, 08:45:20 PM »
Agree hes a bum. Whats the odds on us keeping him for another three yrs rather than making a call that should be made. small player 3rd yr struggling with obvious deficiencies usually equates to havent seen enough too hard to make a call give him 3 yrs to be sure..

AHH the merry go round.  it isnt changing. false hope, over rating performances, no substance. BUT we will win a flag with these blokes in 2 or 3 yrs time.hhhhaaaarrrrgggghhh
You forgot to say the player is ONLY in his 3rd year and that he has been played down back at first even though he was a natural half forward.  Then he has been played on ball and then down forward. There is this belief that you are not allowed to play them where they played their best footy as youngsters at our club…….There are also some guys that are late bloomers.  There is also the fact that it is difficult to play good footy as a youngster when the VFL ring ins you play with are below standard and turn the ball over consistently to our opposition…...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.