Author Topic: AGM 2011 - now Wed Dec 21st not Dec 14th  (Read 12470 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AGM 2011 - now Wed Dec 21st not Dec 14th
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »
WGAF just go and vote no  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
Yep.they have to give sufficient notice.holding it that Wednesday night usually keeps alot of people away.eg Christmas commitments etc., thought it 28 days notice..mmmmmmmm

21, 28 days whatever

Instead of mmmmmmmmmm ing

Turn up and vote  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »
i will be there !

10 FLAGS

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
All aboard the NO vote train Please!

gerkin greg

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »
Ill decide what I do when I decide it not when others decide it.  8)

:ROTFL

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »
yeah but i decide what i do when i decide to decide it not when others decide to decide what ido. k? understood, guy?
shut up

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »
yeah but i decide what i do when i decide to decide it not when others decide to decide what ido.

I really can't decide so does that mean I have to decide or I can decline the option to decide if I can't decide

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2011, 04:48:24 PM »
I don't know what we have to decide so you might just have to decide what you're going to decide.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »
I don't know what we have to decide so you might just have to decide what you're going to decide.

I thought all we had to decide was whether we needed to decide or not and then it's all decided isn't it

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »
;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »
I've just noticed the date of the AGM has changed from the 14th Dec to 21st Dec

See below:

127th Annual General Meeting
richmondfc.com.au 4:15 PM Mon 28 Nov, 2011

The Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Football Club Ltd (“the Club”) will be held in the Maurice Rioli Room at Punt Road Oval on Wednesday, 21 December 2011 at 6.00pm to transact the following business:

Full details:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126704/default.aspx

Maybe they have sensed the increasing disapproval of the members in terms of the constitutional changes. If they are smart they will withdraw what they have put up at the moment and put up something which we can agree with. They should compromise and if they dont well the members will have to take further action down the track.  :cheers
Someone cynical might say holding the AGM 4 days before Christmas was planned to make it easier to get these constitutional changes through as many members will be too busy or heading away around Christmas time to attend the AGM :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers propose change to board elections (Age)
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2011, 03:23:40 AM »
Tigers propose change to board elections
Jake Niall
December 7, 2011

RICHMOND is attempting a major reform of its board structure, asking the club's members to allow it to appoint, rather than elect, three of the club's nine board directors.

The Tigers say this would enable them to hand pick the best available person to fill a particular need. The remaining six would still have to be elected by the members.

Richmond president Gary March contends that some highly capable people have been reluctant to take a place on the club board because they do not want to face an election.

The proposal, which requires a change in the club constitution, will either be ratified or opposed by the members at the club's annual general meeting on December 21. Some members have already voiced opposition to the change, but March said he believed they were ''a vocal minority''.

''We just want to attract the best people to the Richmond board,'' he said.

March said, under the proposed change, the appointed directors would have a limit of two terms, while those elected would have no term limits.

March said, if adopted, the new board system would be in line with other clubs, such as Essendon and most of the interstate clubs, which have appointed directors. The change would not take effect until next year and would be ''phased in''.

Many clubs have the capacity to appoint a director to fill a casual vacancy, as the Tigers recently did when they seconded ex-Cricket Australia boss Malcolm Speed and accountant Carl Walsh to fill vacancies. Speed and Walsh have been elected unopposed, along with football director and former captain Tony Free.

The club board has been in regular contact with Sydney-based Mark Nelson and James Carnegie, successful in investment management and venture capital respectively, and has sounded them out about possible involvement ''down the track'', as March put it. ''I think they have an inclination to get involved at some time in the future.''

March said the change gave the club the chance to pick high calibre people who filled ''a specific skill set'' rather than having a board that could, theoretically, be filled with ''eight ex-footballers or nine lawyers''.

But March said it was up to the members to decide on the change.

''At the end of the day, it's the members' decision. If they don't like what the board's proposing, they'll vote against it and things will stay as is. We think it's what the club needs, but it's their decision.''

The members can vote by proxies prior to the AGM and have already received information about the change in the mail.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-propose-change-to-board-elections-20111206-1oh4s.html#ixzz1flwiHudJ

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers propose change to board elections (Age)
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2011, 04:36:12 AM »
The proposal, which requires a change in the club constitution, will either be ratified or opposed by the members at the club's annual general meeting on December 21. Some members have already voiced opposition to the change, but March said he believed they were ''a vocal minority''.
If the proposals are rejected by us members we will hardly be a vocal minority  ::).

March said the change gave the club the chance to pick high calibre people who filled ''a specific skill set'' rather than having a board that could, theoretically, be filled with ''eight ex-footballers or nine lawyers''.
I think us members are wise enough to avoid such a hypothetically skewed Board Gary. In any case as the Speed and Walsh appointments showed the Club already has the power to pick high calibre people if it so chooses. If any others are afraid of the members holding them to account at an election (and that's only if there are any challenges) then as I said previously IMV they aren't fit to be on the Board in the first place.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers propose change to board elections (Age)
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2011, 06:57:07 AM »
Richmond president Gary March contends that some highly capable people have been reluctant to take a place on the club board because they do not want to face an election.

Got to say that I agree with MT's sentiments here - struth if people want on the board but are not prepared to face the members if at any given time there is more than 3 nominations and an election is required then they shouldn't and don't deserve to be there
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:13:39 AM by WilliamPowell »

10 FLAGS

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »
Every time they need an excuse to go against Members wishes they come up with "Vocal Minority"
Richmond members need to put these people back in their place. The board SHOULD represent US!

Vote NO!