Author Topic: 2010 Hypothetical  (Read 593 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
2010 Hypothetical
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
This is my own crystal ball of what I'd love to happen. Just an opinion.

We finish bottom for a get top 4 pick. Finished the year retiring some older players giving them appropriate send offs and giving a few top 4 sides a scare.

We finally get some luck and draft the best key position forward. Melbourne will go midfield as Jack Watts is there man and they will need to replace the likes of Bruce, Green etc.

Cleaned out the maximum of 6 players delisted (I believe) and contract not renewed on teh following:
Bowden (retired)
Johnson (retired)
Simmonds (retired/delisted)
Brown (retired/delisted/traded)
Schultz (traded/delisted) = Had enough chances
Oakley Nichols (delisted) = Developing too slowly

New President:
Brendon Gale

New Football Manager:
Neil Balme

New Coach:
Nathan Buckely

Some more luck no injuries come start of season

Team Round 1

B:   Newman   Thursfield     Polo
HB:  Rance       Moore       Deledio
C:   Jackson    Cousins      Cotchin
HF:  Riewoldt  Richardson   Tambling
FF:  Nahas      Pattinson     Morton

R:   Graham       Foley       Coughlan

Int: McGuane    Collins
       Raines       Tuck

Emergencies:
      Pettifer     McMahon    White

Future:

With in 5 years that side will only lose Cousins and Richardson to retirement. Tuck and Coughlan are the only others above 26.

By the end of this year, groom Patto to be our David Hale. Back up Ruckman and big tall forward. This shoudl be taken into next year with the addition of Richardson and new draft pick as otehr options.

Structure in 2010:
Next year Richo is our 3rd option behind Patto and Riewoldt, as he will go up the ground more. If Patto fails Hughes should be given an opportunity as should new draft pick.

What we will then have is a genuine forwardline. Something we struggled with this year.

This side will grow together with 0 retriements only trades and delisting the only omissions to our lists from year to year. Something we've never had since I can remember.

Strongly believe Brendon Gale is our next successful President. Our board has done a great job I just believe our President needs to be better "faced" in the media than March currently has been. The media don't respect him whilst Gale is one of the most respected men in football.

Niel Balme as it's been documented is the best football manager going around. Bring him home.

Nathan Buckley I think is the best option going around although I think he will be at Collingwood as that's where his heart lies. Wayne Campbell would be very good as well I think Buckley gets my vote just. Brendon Gale and Wayne Campbell combination could be very successful.

I'm dreaming but if somehow 90% of this happens I think we'd be set up for a more successful start to the season then last.

Go Tigz. :gotigers
Go Tigers!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2010 Hypothetical
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:30:07 PM »
Share your dream with everything here Popelord except for the coach and Richo. I don't rate Bucks and hope we get Malthouse, Harwick, Bond or Scott (in that order) as our next coach. Richo should retire to help the new coach build a new culture at the club and give the younger players more opportunity to continue to development.

Stripes

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
Re: 2010 Hypothetical
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
I agree with most but i vote to keep Bowden.
Pattinson as a full forward (maybe anywhere) is optimistic
Campbell or Bondy for coach better Wallace than Buckley what about Ash Prescott?
Also get Tucky on the ground!