Author Topic: A-League thread  (Read 244901 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: A-League thread
« Reply #465 on: December 11, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »
According to reports I heard there were only about 15000 people there but anyway if they wanna say that got that many then good luck to them. Gold Coast as usual have 3 and a dog in the stadium from what I just saw.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #466 on: December 11, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
So who are the sooks playing this week, 10 Flags, green freakin gully or burwood or pt cook or whatever?

this week we are not playing, we are just selling our young players just so they can bypass having to play in that rabble league the A League and yeah I forget ... another big nice cheque goes into the South bank accounts.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #467 on: December 12, 2010, 07:24:09 AM »
not playing cos yr players and fans cant get out on parole?  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #468 on: December 12, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
Gold Coast as usual have 3 and a dog in the stadium from what I just saw.

Actually it looked terrible on TV (I wa sonly channel surfing  ;D) and I believe the owner Big CLive whats his name opened it for free - you dind't have to pay this week or is that for the next game  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #469 on: December 12, 2010, 02:16:28 PM »
The A League is rooted guys. Sadly its the facts. They needed the World Cup and the bid failed. How to secure the A League. Well something like this would work IMHO

Melbourne Hearts - Out replaced by South Melbourne
Gold Coast- Out - replaced by No one
NQ Fury- Out - Replaced by No one.
All clubs playing out of smaller stadiums.
Independent commission running the A League
Development of 2nd Division or B League
FA Cup style competition
And thats just for starters

Theres a big number of Victory supporters now who see that the Hearts are a mistake and want them replaced by South also. 90% of soccer people now want the Melbourne Victory vs South Melbourne derby. Lets be honest, the real rivalry the real hatred, the real heat is between Victory and South.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #470 on: December 12, 2010, 06:17:25 PM »
 :ROTFL

10 FLAGS

« Reply #471 on: December 12, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #472 on: December 17, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
Melbourne Hearts - Out replaced by South Melbourne The FFA will never admit back an ethic club unless it's in a FFA Cup comp.

Gold Coast- Out - replaced by No one Agree. Hopefully Palmer is never seen in Aussie Soccer ever again.

NQ Fury- Out - Replaced by No one.  Agree. A smaller national league (in terms of total number of clubs) of stronger clubs is better than a league full of financially weak and poorly supported clubs. The latter was the NSL.

All clubs playing out of smaller stadiums. Yep 20-25k stadia. The problem is as has always been is Aussie Soccer doesn't have money nor large assets (unlike the AFL with Etihad) to fund construction of its own 20-25k stadium so it has to rely on grounds run mainly for the bigger codes. AAMI Park being the exception where the Vic government built a stadium for the purpose of rectangular pitch sports.  

Independent commission running the A League Getting worried as I agree again Ramps lol

Development of 2nd Division or B League Nup won't work as Oz doesn't have a culture of promotion/relegation at least at the professional sports level. Clubs in a 2nd division will have bugger all support (and lose their best players to 1st division clubs) and become a financial drain on the sport. We're not England

FA Cup style competition I have my doubts. Like the B league and midweek fixtures it comes across as another attempt to try and Euro-fy Aussie Soccer when we simply don't have that culture in the main. We use to have a NSL Cup comp. in the 80s IIRC but that flopped.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #473 on: December 17, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »
Melbourne Hearts - Out replaced by South Melbourne The FFA will never admit back an ethic club unless it's in a FFA Cup comp.

Gold Coast- Out - replaced by No one Agree. Hopefully Palmer is never seen in Aussie Soccer ever again.

NQ Fury- Out - Replaced by No one.  Agree. A smaller national league (in terms of total number of clubs) of stronger clubs is better than a league full of financially weak and poorly supported clubs. The latter was the NSL.

All clubs playing out of smaller stadiums. Yep 20-25k stadia. The problem is as has always been is Aussie Soccer doesn't have money nor large assets (unlike the AFL with Etihad) to fund construction of its own 20-25k stadium so it has to rely on grounds run mainly for the bigger codes. AAMI Park being the exception where the Vic government built a stadium for the purpose of rectangular pitch sports.  

Independent commission running the A League Getting worried as I agree again Ramps lol

Development of 2nd Division or B League Nup won't work as Oz doesn't have a culture of promotion/relegation at least at the professional sports level. Clubs in a 2nd division will have bugger all support (and lose their best players to 1st division clubs) and become a financial drain on the sport. We're not England

FA Cup style competition I have my doubts. Like the B league and midweek fixtures it comes across as another attempt to try and Euro-fy Aussie Soccer when we simply don't have that culture in the main. We use to have a NSL Cup comp. in the 80s IIRC but that flopped.

Eventually I'll have you and all the rest of the South haters out the front of Parliament demonstrating and demanding that South be returned. You know you want to see us in the league, you know your A League championships are worthless because you havent been South in real competition. Common, stop being scared ... do the right thing by the code and jump on the bandwagon to have South returned. All you Victory apparatchiks hate us and wanna destroy us ... what you guys waiting for ... Hearts lol. Get a real derby ... one with the passion and niggle not this crap you guys have with Heart!  :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #474 on: December 18, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »
Victory won again tonight 2-0 against Perth but lost Thompson (hammy) and Kemp (groin) again to injury.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #475 on: December 19, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »
Is it true that Gold Coasts free game for spectators has turned into a fiasco! Is it true that New Football started a game and then cancelled it 20 minutes into the game LOL. The A League and New Football is a total brothel. Completely and utterly ROOTED! What a disgrace!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #476 on: December 19, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »
The game was abandoned after 20 minutes due to the torrential rain making the pitch unplayable. Hey Ramps this isn't the amateur days of the NSL  :wallywink

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=37618

10 FLAGS

« Reply #477 on: December 19, 2010, 11:17:59 PM »
The game was abandoned after 20 minutes due to the torrential rain making the pitch unplayable. Hey Ramps this isn't the amateur days of the NSL  :wallywink

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=37618

Nah it isnt, its worse  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #479 on: December 27, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
3 wins in a row for the Victory  :thumbsup.

Victory      2   .......... Hernandez 20', Ricardinho 90'
Newcastle  1   .......... Zadkovich 54'