Author Topic: Toby Nankervis [merged]  (Read 178774 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Toby Nankervis [merged]
« Reply #555 on: September 21, 2019, 01:21:50 PM »
I guess a bit out of touch coming back from injury? I back him to lift it he gets picked again

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #556 on: September 21, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »
Chol and Nank combo may be the one we need to look at.

Sorry ment Soldo and Chol it's worked and been proven.

Can't be serious? If and that's a big if a ruck gets dropped for Balta or Chol it will be Nank, Soldo was Immense

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #557 on: September 29, 2019, 07:08:46 AM »
Toby Nankervis – 6

Strong game from the ruckman who worked tirelessly around the contest. Not only did he neutralise Shane Mumford, but managed to grunt his way to 17 disposals. Galloped towards goal in the third quarter but his left foot snap let him down.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-28/player-ratings-richmond

TOBY NANKERVIS 7

Marks, tackles, contested ball and hit-outs. You can’t ask for much more than that from a ruckman and Nankervis brought the quadrella in typical unassuming style.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/afl-grand-final-player-ratings-dustin-martin-and-bachar-houli-shine-toby-green-phil-davis-flop/news-story/3b13f40fe020027c0e71ae275f356ff2

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #558 on: September 29, 2019, 03:32:11 PM »
Stepped up big-time back to his best.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: September 30, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »
If only he'd jagged that goal. Elsewise a very solid game. Really enjoyed the two ruck approach with Soldo.

Admittedly Mumford is 100% cooked. Would have really had our hands full vs Grundy but oh well :)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #560 on: December 02, 2019, 03:45:57 AM »
Refreshed Nank up for fight for lead ruck role

Rebecca Williams
Herald Sun
December 2, 2019

Richmond premiership ruckman Toby Nankervis is targeting a return to full training after Christmas following off-season groin surgery.

After groin trouble almost threatened to derail his finals hopes before returning to become a two-time premiership player, Nankervis hoped the surgery would put this year’s injury setbacks behind him as the Tigers chase back-to-back silverware.

Nankervis injured his groin in Round 8 against Fremantle and did not return to the senior line-up until Round 21. After pulling up sore from that game, Nankervis was later able to prove his fitness and played in all three finals for the Tigers en route to their premiership win.

The 25-year-old will return to training next week, but said he would not be stepping up his program until the New Year.

“I’ll be pretty slow until Christmas in terms of running and stuff, but I’ll be doing everything away from the track to hopefully get myself fit and strong enough to have no more setbacks after Christmas,” Nankervis said.

“That is the plan at the moment to get involved in the footy stuff after Christmas. I’m really confident the work that I’ve done over the past four or five weeks will hold me in good stead

“Although this year I had a few setbacks I was very fortunate that I got into the position I did at the end of the year and I am very grateful for that and looking forward to another big pre-season.”

Nankervis admitted there had been a time when he feared he might not get back to play a part in the Tigers’ flag tilt.

“You try not to think that but it is hard especially when you have little setbacks like I had,” Nankervis said.

“You come back to VFL games and feel a bit sore and played an AFL game and pulled up again sore. I suppose there is time where you think ‘Will it happen?’.

“But I was a very fortunate the way it worked out at the end and very grateful and fortunate to be part of an amazing group.”

Nankervis hailed the development of fellow ruck Ivan Soldo in his absence this year and hoped to build on their partnership next season.

But he predicted there would be more competition for spots in the ruck.

“He (Soldo) came on really well … I was absolutely rapt for him,” Nankervis said.

“Our ruck group at the moment has got Mabior Chol, Callum Coleman-Jones and Noah Balta and I think we all bring different strengths.

“There is not just Ivan and me … there is competition for spots there which is really healthy.”

Nankervis was confident the Tigers could take another step forward in 2020 to put themselves in the premiership frame again.

“Dimma has mentioned that our best footy is still in front of us and I think what we have seen this year with how many young guys that we have had come in through periods where we have had so many injuries is a real positive,” he said.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-ruckman-toby-nankervis-hopes-to-put-injury-worries-behind-him-and-lead-premiership-defence/news-story/b369327277b5da4a766e6d11a197efee

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #561 on: December 17, 2019, 03:47:18 PM »
The best value trade of each year this decade

Nic Negrepontis
SEN
17 December 2019

2016: Toby Nankervis from Sydney to Richmond for pick 46

This may not have been the most high profile trade of 2016, with the likes of Tom Mitchell, Sam Mitchell, Brad Hill, Jordan Lewis, Travis Cloke, Brett Deledio and Jaeger O’Meara all moving clubs, but it was arguably the most important.

Richmond would go on to win the 2017 premiership and Nankervis came from nowhere to be one of the game’s most consistent ruckmen at ground level and a strong body at the contest.

The Tigers were incredible over the back half of the season, but you could certainly argue they would not have won the flag without their fiery new ruckman.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/12/17/the-best-value-trade-made-every-year-this-decade/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: December 17, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »
Was carrying something,but he was good in granny didn't allow Mummy boss Soldo around.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #563 on: June 27, 2020, 07:31:53 PM »
The ruck role belongs to Nank again

Toby Nankervis could probably feel his spot slipping away. Having lost the No.1 ruck role to Ivan Soldo late last year, Nankervis was playing in his first game since the resumption of the season on Saturday. And he was one of few positives for Richmond. Up against one of the game's most promising young big men in Rowan Marshall, Nankervis was perhaps his side's most influential player. Dominant in the air, Nankervis finished with 17 disposals, 26 hitouts, seven tackles and five clearances for the afternoon. His strong mark and composed goal on three-quarter time also ensured the Tigers stayed alive in the contest heading into the final term.

Source: AFL website

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #564 on: July 05, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »
These past 1.5 games show nank is clearly our no.1 ruck. Neutralised the best ruck in the game while being typically great around the ground. Will be a big loss with this new injury which I hope isnt the same as last season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #565 on: July 05, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »
Nank with an ankle injury according to the AFL website.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2020, 05:35:53 AM »
Nank was one of our best IMV. Especially once Soldo went down and he had to carry the ruck duties alone. Back to 2017 form last night.

12 disposals (10k, 2h, 4c, 7u, 92% eff.)
6 marks
4 tackles
16 hitouts
6 intercepts
2 inside 50s
214 metres gained
4 score involvements

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: September 12, 2020, 09:14:50 AM »
Better sign him up for 2021 now with Soldo injured and CCJ to miss the first 8 or so games with suspension.

Unless we are convinced Chol can do it?

Hell no. Please stay Toby!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: September 12, 2020, 09:32:07 AM »
Unleash the Nank !!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #569 on: September 12, 2020, 10:10:56 AM »
Thought he was brilliant last night

I posted this last night in the match day thread but he seemed to thrive when he was the sole ruckman
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)