Author Topic: Changes for the Qualifying Final?  (Read 11639 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Qualifying Final?
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2018, 07:17:27 AM »
Broad must stay in for the whole finals series. We need him to get another medal :pray ;)
OMG, he's back!  :clapping

And straight into the smut. Life's been interesting and hasn't allowed much time for the forum lately but don't you worry, I've been enjoying each Richmond win :clapping

Welcome back, was reading some old posts and wondered where you were...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2018, 11:52:50 PM »
Ch 9 news said Lambert was in doubt as he only did handball drills at Thursday training (they showed him in the rehab group).

Mark Stevens on Ch 7 also said Lambert didn't do much at training but said the Tigers are still hopefully he'll play against the Hawks.

------------------------------------------------------

Flag Tiger misses training ahead of final

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Aug 30, 2018

KANE Lambert watched on as his teammates went through their paces on Thursday at Punt Road, a week out from Richmond's qualifying final against Hawthorn at the MCG.

The premiership Tiger, who was named in the 40-man Virgin Australia AFL All Australian squad this week, was expected to take part in the session as part of his build-up to next week's game.

But wearing runners and a hoodie, Lambert was restricted to handball drills with injured teammates Nathan Drummond, Mabior Chol and Shai Bolton during the main group's warm-up.

He then went inside and didn't return while the rest of last week's team, plus Sam Lloyd and Ryan Garthwaite, ran through a light session.

Lambert and fellow premiership player Dan Butler are attempting to prove their fitness this week after suffering similar ankle injuries in the past two months.

Both had surgery to strengthen their joints; Lambert in the days after he sprained his ankle against Gold Coast in round 21, and Butler a few days earlier.

Butler's injury, while similar, was sustained in round 16 against Adelaide and didn't respond to non-surgical rehabilitation as was hoped. 

However, he appears to have turned a corner and took part in Thursday's session with the Tigers planning to give him limited minutes in Saturday night's VFL qualifying final against Williamstown at Punt Road. 

Coach Damien Hardwick said on Wednesday the six-day turnaround from that game to Thursday night wouldn't necessarily affect Butler's chances of playing in both.

Captain Trent Cotchin trained on Thursday despite nursing a few sore spots over the last few weeks, as did David Astbury, who was icing his right Achilles – the injury that saw him miss round 22 - on Saturday night after the win over the Bulldogs. 

Cotchin moved freely in the light session and is expected to be fine to face the Hawks. 

Dion Prestia, who has endured an interrupted season and also didn't play in round 22, trained without issue and appears to have pulled up well from Saturday's game. 

All Australian quartet Alex Rance, Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards and Jack Riewoldt backed up from Wednesday night's function and were also part of the enthusiastic hit-out.

The players returned to the club on Wednesday after a few days off but it was their first session on the track since their mini-break.

Earlier this week, premiership forward Jacob Townsend was ruled out for the season with a fractured fibula that required surgery.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-30/flag-tiger-lambert-misses-training-ahead-of-final

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2018, 06:50:50 AM »
Well That all but confirms lambert won’t play

Damm
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2018, 06:53:04 AM »

Damm

Ducks and drakes Frankie  ;D

Reckon he is a lock to play after reading that  :thumbsup :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2018, 08:17:59 AM »

Damm

Ducks and drakes Frankie  ;D

Reckon he is a lock to play after reading that  :thumbsup :rollin
I agree with this! Doesn't need to be training last night to be selected next week. Blokes conditioning is first rate!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »
Clarko would be oh so nervous about Kane Lambert...:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2018, 05:27:45 AM »
The AFL website is tipping Lambert to come in for Broad.

RICHMOND's best 22:

B: Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance, Nick Vlastuin
HB: Jayden Short, David Astbury, Bachar Houli
C: Shaun Grigg, Trent Cotchin, Kamdyn McIntosh
HF: Dion Prestia, Josh Caddy, Shane Edwards
F: Daniel Rioli, Jack Riewoldt, Jason Castagna
Foll: Toby Nankervis, Dustin Martin, Kane Lambert
I/C: Reece Conca, Jack Graham, Jack Higgins, Brandon Ellis

In: Kane Lambert
Out: Nathan Broad

UNAVAILABLE: Jacob Townsend, Dan Butler

It's a line-ball call on Brandon Ellis or Nathan Broad as to who makes way for an expected fit Kane Lambert, with Kamdyn McIntosh, Jack Higgins and Reece Conca also in the discussion. A quiet couple of weeks and a few potential sore spots for Broad mean he might be the unlucky omission. The run of McIntosh and Ellis against the Hawks will be important, while Higgins probably holds his spot this week. Broad has dropped off in key statistical categories including intercept marks, tackles and general disposals in the last three weeks, which could be a red flag. Dan Butler's potential return in the second final – he's expected to play VFL this week and miss the Hawks' game – will make Higgins and possibly Jason Castagna nervous. But for now, unless the bye doesn't cure a litany of bruises and superficial injuries, changes should be minimal. - Jennifer Phelan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-30/mock-teams-your-best-22-for-finals-w1

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
Broad wii NOT be dropped under any circumstances......it WILL NOT happen

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »
Agreed.
Conca or Ellis makes way hopefully

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2018, 12:03:29 PM »

Ellis wii NOT be dropped under any circumstances......it WILL NOT happen

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2018, 12:22:17 PM »

Ellis wii NOT be dropped under any circumstances......it WILL NOT happen

:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Lebowski

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »

Agreed, gives us flexibility of playing tall or short that others in the gun cant

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »
Balmey post-VFL final:

* Butler pulled up well.

* Lloyd and Garthwaite are next in line so that's why they didn't play VFL tonight.

* Lambert has only missed a couple of games so didn't need to play VFL tonight. Expects him to be back Thursday night.

* Wished the AFL & VFL would speak to each other. [Clearly we're not happy about the 5-day break between VFL & AFL Qualifying Finals].
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2018, 10:18:01 PM »
Would be surprised if Butler plays Thursday night. Needs a full game next week at VFL.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2018, 07:08:17 AM »
I would take the risk put Butler in we need him adds class to our forward line pace and pressure and reunite the mosquito fleet.