Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 40. Kel Moore?  (Read 2657 times)

tony_montana

Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 40. Kel Moore?
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »

tried to develop into more of a rebounder type this season which he isnt a smart enough footballer to do well. Constantly got caught out in no mans land ie not close enough to his opponent and got exposed a lot.

Moore is at his best playing as a KPD even if he is a bit undersized for it. He was bulkier in 2008 and could keep his feet against the big guys, and was quicker than them when it hit the ground. He then trimmed down in 09 to play a more rebounding role and has never been the same since.

We can do without 1 or 2 of him, McGuane or Thursfiled, take your pick, i don't mind bc i think all 3 have had plenty of chances and are not up to scratch.
disagree with this. has never been above 86kg  like mcguane and thursfield has always been undersized to play kp.
unlike thursfield and mcguane he has genuine pace agility and neat skills. he should be playing as a genuine rebounder whos primary role is to give his other tall backs a chop out.imo we certainly need to persevere with him in the role.
 i do agree we can do without 1 or two of the three i just think moore has more attributes and is much more rounded than the other two.

thought his 2010 a marked improvement on 09 which was filled with niggles. would give him somewhere around 6 or 7 out of 10.

disagree with your thoughts. He was clearly bigger and stronger in 08 and was instructed by the coaching staff that he was to become more of a rebounder in 09 so would need to improve his running capacity, hence his traning in the 09 preseason was heavily geared to more running rather than strength and power, his shape became more lithe and lean. Wallace and co were banking on Thursfield ad McGuae to take the next step as KPD and thus release Moore who played the majority of 2008 as our number 1 key back, this backfired with Thursfield losing favour and McGuane not doing much in 2009.

Moore is simply not good enough or smart enough to be a kingpin rebounder. Leave that to those who can play it like Lids and Newman. He should have remained a sightly unersized KPD where his superor agility to most KPF enabled him to thrash themonce the ball hit the ground.

the claw

Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 40. Kel Moore?
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 01:00:45 AM »

tried to develop into more of a rebounder type this season which he isnt a smart enough footballer to do well. Constantly got caught out in no mans land ie not close enough to his opponent and got exposed a lot.

Moore is at his best playing as a KPD even if he is a bit undersized for it. He was bulkier in 2008 and could keep his feet against the big guys, and was quicker than them when it hit the ground. He then trimmed down in 09 to play a more rebounding role and has never been the same since.

We can do without 1 or 2 of him, McGuane or Thursfiled, take your pick, i don't mind bc i think all 3 have had plenty of chances and are not up to scratch.
disagree with this. has never been above 86kg  like mcguane and thursfield has always been undersized to play kp.
unlike thursfield and mcguane he has genuine pace agility and neat skills. he should be playing as a genuine rebounder whos primary role is to give his other tall backs a chop out.imo we certainly need to persevere with him in the role.
 i do agree we can do without 1 or two of the three i just think moore has more attributes and is much more rounded than the other two.

thought his 2010 a marked improvement on 09 which was filled with niggles. would give him somewhere around 6 or 7 out of 10.

disagree with your thoughts. He was clearly bigger and stronger in 08 and was instructed by the coaching staff that he was to become more of a rebounder in 09 so would need to improve his running capacity, hence his traning in the 09 preseason was heavily geared to more running rather than strength and power, his shape became more lithe and lean. Wallace and co were banking on Thursfield ad McGuae to take the next step as KPD and thus release Moore who played the majority of 2008 as our number 1 key back, this backfired with Thursfield losing favour and McGuane not doing much in 2009.

Moore is simply not good enough or smart enough to be a kingpin rebounder. Leave that to those who can play it like Lids and Newman. He should have remained a sightly unersized KPD where his superor agility to most KPF enabled him to thrash themonce the ball hit the ground.
No you are wrong he has never been bigger than he iss now his form flunctuates so much because he is so lightly framed and even minor injuries knock him about.
he does not stay on the park for us because we ask a much smaller framed bloke to compete with gorillas he will remain inconsistent if injured and if we continue to ask him to compete way out of his division.
we have stuffed enough players around over the yrs lets not make moore another.