Author Topic: David Wojcinski  (Read 4333 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: David Wojcinski
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »
Too old for us even via the PSD. I also wonder what his motivation will be like if he is forced out to another club especially a struggling one due to the Cats' salary cap. Being a dual premiership player at 29 he's hardly got something to prove or aim for. He'd be just a list clogger waiting to retire at Richmond given how far we are away from being a decent side.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 12:30:09 AM »
Too old for us even via the PSD. I also wonder what his motivation will be like if he is forced out to another club especially a struggling one due to the Cats' salary cap. Being a dual premiership player at 29 he's hardly got something to prove or aim for. He'd be just a list clogger waiting to retire at Richmond given how far we are away from being a decent side.

Do not agree at all.

It would be good to have a solid player to have inbetween Richo/Cousins and Newman in our list overall age-wise.

I am not sure if Wojo has 'nothing to prove', he will still try if he is at Richmond.

Geelong would have won the grand final vs. Hawthorn if he was not dropped and played ahead of Stokes or Bynes - IMHO

Would be perfect PSD pick up

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:55 AM »

David Wojcinski is one of the quickest players around & has been hampered by a few injuries but is over them now
He dont lack anything as a footballer & a premiership player creates hunger in youngsters at higher level

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »

MT, therefore by that rationale, Cuz is an even bigger list clogger for us. He has won a premiership and a Brownlow and still tries his gut out for us because he just loves playing footy. I also see this attitude in Wojo. The guy is super fit, fast and experienced. He would also fill a hole currently filled by one J. McMahon. He would still have at least 2-3 years in him at the top level so I still stand by my original opinion.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »

MT, therefore by that rationale, Cuz is an even bigger list clogger for us. He has won a premiership and a Brownlow and still tries his gut out for us because he just loves playing footy. I also see this attitude in Wojo. The guy is super fit, fast and experienced. He would also fill a hole currently filled by one J. McMahon. He would still have at least 2-3 years in him at the top level so I still stand by my original opinion.
I think Cuz is different as he had the motivation to prove he could comeback and still play at a high level drug free. He is also seen as a superstar so our young cubs look up to him. Wojo is a good player but I don't believe he would have that aura as a Cuz. Wojo looks like re-signing with Geelong now that Mumford is going so it's a mute point anyway. The other reason I said no is GC17 have the first 5 rookie picks this year leaving us with our first pick at 7. IMO we should use our PSD pick on the best youngster left over from the draft before GC17 grab him.

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »
we would end up with too many youngsters & no experienced players.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »
We have a fair few kids starting to come into their breakout years agewise after 3-5 years in the system. Add to them some of the senior players and I have no problem relying on kids for the rest. These kids need to spend time playing together in the same team.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »
We have a fair few kids starting to come into their breakout years agewise after 3-5 years in the system. Add to them some of the senior players and I have no problem relying on kids for the rest. These kids need to spend time playing together in the same team.
Spot on. Plus we'll most likely finish bottom 2 next year and get another top 6 pick (we need as many quality picks as we can get) rather than having temporary experienced players propping up the side and costing us come draft time because we don't bottom out. Flogging a dead horse but having both picks 18 and 20 would've been really handy in 6 weeks time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »
Geelong Cats speedster David Wojcinski baulks at one-year offer
Daniel Breen
October 13th, 2009

SPEEDY defender David Wojcinski's future at Geelong still remains up in the air as his management seeks a better deal from the Cats.

Wojcinski, who has played 153 AFL matches and was presented with club life membership at this year's Carji Greeves Medal night, has baulked at the Cats' one-year contract offer and could nominate for the pre-season draft if an agreement cannot be reached.

Cats president Frank Costa yesterday said the club hoped to keep the 29-year-old dual premiership player.

"The last I heard was David Wojcinski was very keen to stay with Geelong and we're keen to keep him. Losing Shane Mumford (to Sydney) was unfortunate but that's left us with a little more room in the salary cap," Costa said.

"We want to keep the whole crew together and we've had awful pressure to do that since 2007. There may be a casualty or two but we hope there won't be."

Wojcinski is looking for at least a two-year deal to stay at Skilled Stadium.

A spokeswoman for Wojcinski's manager Paul Connors said the dashing defender hoped to stay at Geelong but was examining his options.

"Nothing's really changed. There's an offer on the table from Geelong. David's preference is to stay but it sort of depends on their salary cap issues," she said.

"Hopefully it will be sorted out in the next few weeks. His option is to stay there or nominate for the pre-season draft.

"There has been some interest from other clubs. David's preference is to stay, so we'll have to work that out and we hope to meet with the club in the next week."

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2009/10/13/111071_gfc.html

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »
I would take Jesse Smith over Wojo if both were available. Wojo might help make us look competitive next year but in 2-3 when we need serious players he will be retiring where Smith should be holding down a KP.

Comparisons between Wojcinski and Cousins are silly, we took cuz on the premise that we were having a serious crack at the 8.

oh and its a moot point not a mute point
Detka! Detka! Detka!

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
I would take Jesse Smith over Wojo if both were available. Wojo might help make us look competitive next year but in 2-3 when we need serious players he will be retiring where Smith should be holding down a KP.

Comparisons between Wojcinski and Cousins are silly, we took cuz on the premise that we were having a serious crack at the 8.

Depends on how quietly you make your point.  :)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 06:27:23 PM »

What a stupid thing to say.

We did not make the 8, nor come anywhere near it.

Should we give Cuz back?  ???

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 09:17:44 PM »

Jesse Smith cant even stay on the track & wouldnot blow wind up Wozza's ass.
How can you judge a player like Smith when he cant even solidate a position in a weak Roos side  ;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 09:28:38 PM »

what does solidate mean?

Jesse Smith cant even stay on the track & wouldnot blow wind up Wozza's ass.
How can you judge a player like Smith when he cant even solidate a position in a weak Roos side  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 10:16:23 PM »
Jesse Smith & David Wojcinski

No!