Author Topic: Do we risk Jack vs GWS?  (Read 2067 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Do we risk Jack vs GWS?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 12:49:33 PM »
"I think he'll be fine," Hardwick said. "It's been a great lesson for our younger players — how much you put into (recovery).

Jack Riewoldt has been icing his ankle around the clock - including waking every three hours - to give himself the best chance of playing.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/138572/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond star Jack Riewoldt has overcome an ankle injury in time to play against GWS Giants

Matt Windley
    June 14, 2012 12:43PM

JACK Riewoldt has been declared a certain starter for Saturday's clash with Greater Western Sydney at Skoda Stadium, despite suffering an ankle injury last week.

The forward trained with teammates today for the first time this week, but appeared to move freely in what was a light session at Punt Rd.

Hardwick said Riewoldt had taken an exceptional approach to making sure his ankle would be right to take on the Giants, a game many assumed the 2010 Coleman Medallist would be rested from.

"I think he'll be fine,'' Hardwick said.

"It's been a great lesson for our younger players, how much you put into (recovery).

"He's been sleeping three hours on and off and icing it every three hours. We're very confident he'll play which is a great credit to Jack and the work he's put in to be available for this game.''

Asked then if there was a worry Riewoldt would be feeling the effects of fatigue due to his rehabilitation practices, Hardwick said: "There is to a degree, I'm sure he'll get a couple of hours sleep though.

"It was quite a taxing game, the game we played on the weekend (against Fremantle), with the amount of stoppages and tackles that were laid.

"So we've had a light week on the track, Jack hasn't trained at all ... we're pretty confident the boys will come up fresh and ready to go against a revitalised GWS.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-star-jack-riewoldt-has-overcome-an-ankle-injury-in-time-to-play-against-gws-giants/story-e6frepf6-1226395462455