Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 272272 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1545 on: September 07, 2014, 07:13:11 PM »
So how do we think our "elite" player went today, when the "elite" should stand up??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1546 on: September 07, 2014, 07:42:49 PM »
So how do we think our "elite" player went today, when the "elite" should stand up??

poor WAT

Don't single him out. He had plenty of mates

So if you're going to whack him suggest you go to a number of other threads and do the same to all the others who didn't show up
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1547 on: September 07, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »

poor WAT

So if you're going to whack him suggest you go to a number of other threads and do the same to all the others who didn't show up

Yeah I know mate, god, what a day. I actually think he played better than most but he is clearly not at the level his stats indicate, that's what I was aiming my post at more so...  :-\

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1548 on: September 07, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »
I thought he was poor but I thought most of them were with half a dozen being nothing but shocking
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1549 on: September 07, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
I thought he was poor but I thought most of them were with half a dozen being nothing but shocking

Yeah agree, they really just didn't come to play...I think fatigue has a lot to do with it to. After doing what they did for 9 weeks and the wins they achieved they just looked a bit burned out.

"Rucks:

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1550 on: September 07, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »

poor WAT

Reckon the majority of the team lay down and gave up before we started.
Agree with WP cant single titch out
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1551 on: September 08, 2014, 07:52:09 AM »
At least sedwards had the pace and guile to chase and at least get close to the port player in possession and put on some kind of pressure to disrupte the chains

Unlike the white plodders that jogged 15 Meyers behind

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1552 on: September 08, 2014, 09:09:24 AM »
Extremely poor form to single one player out on that performance

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1553 on: September 08, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »
At least sedwards had the pace and guile to chase and at least get close to the port player in possession and put on some kind of pressure to disrupte the chains

Unlike the white plodders that jogged 15 Meyers behind

Agree. His disposal was okay as well. Thought he tried. Not the worst player on the field.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1554 on: September 08, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
Trade whilst his value is highest. Same goes for Conca.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1555 on: September 08, 2014, 05:44:45 PM »
Edwards never called himself elite. Some peanut at a newspaper did.

He's just an honest B grade footballer...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1556 on: September 09, 2014, 08:02:14 AM »

Yeah agree, they really just didn't come to play...I think fatigue has a lot to do with it to. After doing what they did for 9 weeks and the wins they achieved they just looked a bit burned out.

For once WAT i agree with you 100%

You have nailed it precisely. I half expected this to happen, whether it was this week or next, or whenever. somewhere the hard grind of the past 2 months was going to catch up with us.

There was an article published (earlier in the year i think) that highlighted how teams performed poorly the week after travel.

This year we have been very flat each game after travelling, but have been lucky to come up against bottom sides, which obviously doesnt happen in finals.

After that hard slog in the wet against sydney and a run of 9 straight wins, i didnt build my hopes up with high expextations.

dissapointed? yes, but not surprised, nor devastated.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1557 on: September 09, 2014, 08:32:36 AM »

For once WAT i agree with you 100%

You have nailed it precisely. I half expected this to happen, whether it was this week or next, or whenever. somewhere the hard grind of the past 2 months was going to catch up with us.

There was an article published (earlier in the year i think) that highlighted how teams performed poorly the week after travel.

This year we have been very flat each game after travelling, but have been lucky to come up against bottom sides, which obviously doesnt happen in finals.

After that hard slog in the wet against sydney and a run of 9 straight wins, i didnt build my hopes up with high expextations.

dissapointed? yes, but not surprised, nor devastated.

Where is al and what have you done with him... ;D

Yep I was exactly the same going into this game and I wasn't surprised at the loss or the margin either. Likewise I didn't build myself up either.

"Rucks:

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1558 on: September 09, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
Port travelled to Perth and played a close, finals-like game against Freo the week before.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1559 on: September 10, 2014, 12:25:12 PM »
rnd 1 Richmond travelled - following week fell over the line in a game reminiscent of a game held in a special school yard.

rnd 5 travelled - following week were totally flat a bereft of run. worst game of the season (up till then) and smashed by a side we had a good record against in recent times.

rnd 10 travelled- the following week played our worst game in 3-4 years. were flattered by the scoreboard in what as a sickening display that bought back memories of the capitulations under Wallace.

rnd 18 travelled- the following week fell over the line against a bottom side who were on the road themselves. another very flat performance.

rnd 21 travelled = the following week did the bare minimum against a bottom side. showed glimpses at times during the game, but overall another flat performance.

rnd 23 travelled- following week...well no need to expedite on that, but you could see early on they were very flat.

see the pattern?

also that article i mention, didnt say that teams that travelled lost the following week each time or were always poor, just that there was a trend towards it.

Port had their flat spot during the middle of season and were building momentum heading towards the finals, probably playing better footy than at the start.

we played pox at the start and were on a record winning streak. winning streaks nearly always come to an end and fatigue was always going to be a factor somewhere along the line, and history shows when it happens in finals it generally isn't pretty.

there was no way i was getting my hopes up. i was hoping the fall would a bit later and be not so spectacular, for want of a better word, but i was expecting it.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI