Author Topic: "You're outta your league. You're batting so far outta your league"  (Read 5671 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Umpire's sorry to Connors for on-field exchange (afl)
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
“This is totally out of character for Stuart, who is one of our very best communicators and player managers on the field,” Gieschen said.
Since when are umpires "player managers" Jeff?

Tell them to just make the decisions as they see them and to stay out of the limelight.
Exactly. The umps job is to umpire the game not player manage. That's what the whistle is for.

The other bizarre thing about Wenn's comments is since when was having McQualter as an opponent out of any AFL footballer's league  ???. He's a fringe player at St Kilda who is probably in their bottom 6 of their best 22. It wasn't as though Dan was playing on a Goddard or Nick Riewoldt.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: "You're outta your league. You're batting so far outta your league"
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
Now as we all know I am not a Connors fan but even I think the umpire's comments were disgraceful.

IMHO He should be suspended not only for this week but the first week of the finals
If he said it to Post? :lol

:clapping :clapping  :rollin

Would feel the same even if I agreed with the sentiment  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 09:23:22 PM »
Now as we all know I am not a Connors fan but even I think the umpire's comments were disgraceful.

IMHO He should be suspended not only for this week but the first week of the finals

have to agree but i sense sometimes Dan does exactly what was described to him. :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
Umpire boss Jeff Geischen said "Wenn wasn't referring to the game at all. He just caught a glimpse of Connors' girlfriend in the crowd. Daniel's hardly Brat Pitt is he!"

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »
I think the umpire's comment to Connors was in regard to arguing about the rules. Not sure if it was but that was what I thought at the time. Still do. :-\

Still not right the way he spoke and gestured.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »
Wenn can apologise all he likes.

It has to be a 2 way street, if you get suspended for accidental contact with one of these clowns, this outburst deserves to be made an example of.

AFL for once in a decade stand up and run the game, stamp this sort of garbage out and protect the image of umpires and show that it's unacceptable.

Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »
I've just seen the vision again.

What you don't see in most clips is Wenn coming up and gesture to elbow Connors in the sternum and get into his face, only after that he walks backwards and the mics are turned on and you here him say you're batting so far outta league etc.

This is a disgrace absolute disgrace.

The guy should never umpire again, I'm as sympathetic as it comes but this is one of the most pathetic acts by an official Ive ever seen. This shows the umpires think they are bigger than the game. If a soccer referee did this in Europe he'd be dead by now.

Wenn you're a worm.

I wont even start on the joke of "player managers" Jeff thinks they are.

I'm really dirty on this.
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »
I reckon they should let me whip the bastard with big stuff off huge length of cabana and then go to town on him with an egg beater.  Sick prick would probably be right into it though.  Back to the blow torch and pliers I spose.  Or you could put him hog tied in a room with RROFFO , a bottle of olive oil and just see what happens.  stuff that would scare the living poo out of me, or back in, as the case may be....
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 11:00:01 PM »
Wenn's not young enough for some people's tastes Owl. No surprises he's never officiated a Grand Final, he's a self fister from way back.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »
 :lol Owl, I think you may have watched too many Quentin Tarantino films 
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
We have been Shay on many times thus year with these um
ump cocksmokers but this is utter bollocks. This little twit should keep his trap shut

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 11:48:49 PM »
I've just seen the vision again.

What you don't see in most clips is Wenn coming up and gesture to elbow Connors in the sternum and get into his face, only after that he walks backwards and the mics are turned on and you here him say you're batting so far outta league etc.

This is a disgrace absolute disgrace.
I have a feeling this action may have been what Connors did and Wenn did it to illustrate what he was talking about
No excuse, but the most plausable explanation I can come up with

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 06:51:57 AM »
Let's not forget that it is the AFL that causes the disrespect towards umpires.

If they allowed the players and officials to treat them like HUMANS and not as UNTOUCHABLES then we would be able to praise their good efforts and criticise the BLATANT errors fairly.

If they created a set of rules that are unambiguous and sensible then the umpires would have more respect from players, officials and supporters. To see two umpires adjudicate the same situation in different ways during the same passage of play is not helping the image of the game.

Only a couple of the umpires are maggots, the likes of Wenn, McLaren and Razor Ray are the worst decision makers and most theatrical. These are the ones that most supporter's wrath is aimed at and the ones who confuse the players with their WRONG decision making.

The rest of the umpire fraternity is doing a difficult job well and they stay out of the limelight to the extent that we don't even know their names.

Wenn has to be stood down for the rest of the season .......for bringing disgrace upon the umpiring group and the AFL in general.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 07:30:53 AM »
LOL Owl ur on fire.

U shouldn't dish Y&B its a great site if u can live within the small box of opinions you are allowed.

You can also give out rep points just as if they were flowers to ur boyfriends

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 09:41:17 AM »
I know it was like a big mutual masturbation session sometimes, I had to try and avert my eyes.  It gets better Chucky, the boss read peoples private messages and then shows the rest of his sycophants, blokes like RROFFO spy and justifies it as checking for illegal activity, total horsepoo, the bloke he did it too had been a member for donkeys years.  I don't know about you, but that fairdinkum makes me sick.  I still felt I had to speak up, got myself into liquorice all sorts doing so.
Lots of people name their swords......