Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?  (Read 11599 times)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Saints?
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »
Betts running rampant. :banghead

Gee my old man could beat Betts.

That was the disappointing thing of the night for me.

Who was on him?

Newmo?

Newmo had a good game but needs to up the pressure.

And that girl Waite.

Gee I miss the old days.

Balme woulda flattened the idiot.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
In light of Rance's suspension reiterate call for Moore if okay or Thursfield to be called into side. Drop Edwards for Tuck. Bring in King at the expense of Connors if possible.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »
Probably not physically strong enough yet but any chance of Grimes coming in for Rance? The only other option appears to be Thursty but he's strictly a stopper/spoiler.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2011, 05:09:51 PM »
with his ok record on riewoldt i would say thursty is a good thing though i would love to see grimes in..

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »
I'll say it again for you WP, watch the game again!!! Just sat down with a nice hot cup of tea and did so myself.  :thumbsup I seriously don't see any game altering distusting selfish brain fade by Nahas. I know i will not change your mind on this because that may mean you would have to admit you are wrong. You get an opinion in your head about some of our players and regardless of what they do or how they play, you still cannot seem to admit they have improved.
I'm sure you will ask for an example of such players so i will give you a few, Gus Conners and now Nahas

I will sat it again big tone i dont like tea; I don't drink the stuff!!!!! So for me it will need to be a nice hot cup of coffee  :thumbsup

I will watch the game again when I get my copy of it during the week.

If I am wrong I will admit it.

But I will repeat the play where Nahas failed to release the ball to Deledio in the third as we were streaming forward was an incredibly selfish piece of play that cost us. It was a brain fade and was a blight on the blokes overall game. That's what I've said repeatedly and that's what I believe.

Has Nahas improved on 2010?

One game into 2011 it is far to early to say but yes Friday night was an improvement on his pre-season efforts. But sorry 1 game does not mean overall improvment in any players game, play like he did on Friday with less of the selfish stuff and more of the team stuff consistently, then I'll be the first to say well done kid; you've improved. If he goes back to falling over and being a turnover merchant then I will be watching to see how people here who've praised him this week after bagging relentlessly in the past react.  ;D

Now as for Gus. Has Gus improved? Based on Friday night you'd have to say NOPE he's gone backwards. He was shocking. Errr Gus = bad example  ;D

Connors? Well I am not sure why he played to be honest if what they say about his limited pre-season game time meant he was so 'underdone'. Don't agree with playing half fit players as sub; especially one who's not reknowned for his fitenss anyway, coupled with playing a couple of others who were also underdone + the one who had the ...er... poohs. But I digrese, has he improved? Who knows let's revisit that at the say the half way point of the season..

Don't take this the wrong way WP but i'm pretty sure the coaching staff and match committee know a little more about the fitness and how DC's pre season has gone more than your good self- that's why he played the other night!

Also my question wasn't have Gus and Conner's improved this year, in one game, it was have they improved over the last 12 months. As much as you'll hate to admit it, they both had pretty good seasons last year. And if you were to take your blinkers off for a minute, you would see that. Don't be a hater WP, these guys live and breath this wonderful club so give them a go.

As for Nahas, this kid has been on our list ONE full year as a senior player. He weighs next to nothing, but has the guts to put his body and his reputation on the line for our club by trying to take the game on. He has been told by the coaching staff from day one of pre season to play on at every opportunity to open up the game, so if he gets caught occasionally, so be it. He played really well the other night and no coach with half a brain would even consider dropping him after that effort.

Anyway i hope they all come out this week and play well and we get a win!  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »
Rance forced change would have to be a straight swap for Thursty. :-\

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »
Rance on Kosi ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Kosi won't play, he's injurred

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way WP but i'm pretty sure the coaching staff and match committee know a little more about the fitness and how DC's pre season has gone more than your good self- that's why he played the other night!

With all due respect big tone the fact that our coach admitted they made a mistake playing Foley when he wasn't right makes one question just that little bit more did we take too many underdone players

Also my question wasn't have Gus and Conner's improved this year, in one game, it was have they improved over the last 12 months. As much as you'll hate to admit it, they both had pretty good seasons last year. And if you were to take your blinkers off for a minute, you would see that. Don't be a hater WP, these guys live and breath this wonderful club so give them a go.

I am not sure you if you meant it to be but I found that last statement quite funny. "they live and breath this wonderful club" as opposed to people like me  ;D  :lol

Now that you have clarified that you were talking about 2010 as opposed ot 2011 I will admit that at times Gus showed some improvement but with Gus it's like he takes a step forward and gets us all hoping that he has turned the corner and then he stumbles 1 & half steps back. Until he starts imposing himself on games and intimidating the opposition with his size and above all else stops dropping his head and sooking when things don't go his way then people (haters isn't it  ;D) will not be as critical. Firday night we got the really bad Gus and the really bad Gus still appears far too often IMO

As for Dan Connors - I have not hidden the fact that I think he is at times quite a selfish player who IMHO (and at the end of the day it is nothing but my opinion) has gotten off incredibly lightly for his past misdemenours (which I wont re-hash here) that have tarnished the club. I've I've also posted that when he concentrates on doing the team orientated things as opposed to the selfish acts including the kicking in hope long bombs he's a much better player. when he starts doing those team things on a more consitent basis I will be happy
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »

With all due respect big tone the fact that our coach admitted they made a mistake playing Foley when he wasn't right makes one question just that little bit more did we take too many underdone players

I am not sure you if you meant it to be but I found that last statement quite funny. "they live and breath this wonderful club" as opposed to people like me  ;D  :lol

Now that you have clarified that you were talking about 2010 as opposed ot 2011 I will admit that at times Gus showed some improvement but with Gus it's like he takes a step forward and gets us all hoping that he has turned the corner and then he stumbles 1 & half steps back. Until he starts imposing himself on games and intimidating the opposition with his size and above all else stops dropping his head and sooking when things don't go his way then people (haters isn't it  ;D) will not be as critical. Firday night we got the really bad Gus and the really bad Gus still appears far too often IMO

As for Dan Connors - I have not hidden the fact that I think he is at times quite a selfish player who IMHO (and at the end of the day it is nothing but my opinion) has gotten off incredibly lightly for his past misdemenours (which I wont re-hash here) that have tarnished the club. I've I've also posted that when he concentrates on doing the team orientated things as opposed to the selfish acts including the kicking in hope long bombs he's a much better player. when he starts doing those team things on a more consitent basis I will be happy
So you still think you know more than the coaches and match commitee! Because they played Axel the other night??? I find that extremelly arrogant!! I'm not sure you meant it that way but even thinking what you wrote makes me laugh. Maybe it is you that was trying to be funny??

Not sure if you consider Matthew Lloyd and Luke Darcy experts on our game but if you listen to there comments regarding Gus after quarter time, they thought he was the most dominate ruckman on the ground. I thought he did OK too. Certainly not "Bad Gus" like you seem to think. Is there any chance you judge him a little harder than you probably should due to your dislike of him?

And lastly, we all know what DC has done in the past but we all know (well maybe not you) how he  seems to have turned it around. His season last year was very good (12th in B&F in 14 games) and he is a talent at our club. Now if the club forgives him for his misdemeanours, maybe you can.  :lol

the claw

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:18 AM »
batchelor - gourdis - moore
deledio - post - conca
grigg - tuck - newman
taylor -  astbury cotchin
king - riewoldt - helbig
derickx - martin- foley
vickery - morton - houli - connors.

ins - moore, gourdis, post,tuck, taylor, king, derickx.
outs - mcguane, rance, graham, edwards, jackson, white, nahas.

why so many. well simple that was so pee poor what a shocker of a game.  edwards was a disgrace nahas and white couldnt get a kick in a sherrin factory. jackson had his pants pulled down badly by judd, rance is injured mcguane did what exactly and graham was chewed up and spat out by warnock talk about inept.

dont know how much people saw of the round but imo we were the worst of the rnd 1 teams. totally inept for 3 quarters.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2011, 01:58:20 AM »
Richmond could opt to bring in former Demon forward Brad Miller for the Saints clash. Miller was elevated from the rookie list and booted five goals for Coburg at the weekend.

St Kilda forward Justin Koschitzke could be a surprise inclusion for Friday night's game against Richmond at the MCG. Saints football manager Greg Hutchison said Koschitzke has recovered well from ankle surgery and that he would be in the mix for selection if he pulled up well after tomorrow night's training session.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/koschitzke-in-the-mix-for-saints-against-richmond-20110328-1cdg4.html

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2011, 08:58:53 AM »
Let's hope they bring an underdone Kosi to play, blessing in disguise, their 3 man bench will be cut one down resting him continually.

In regards to Gus, not sure what the commentators had to say about him, but if they couldn't see that he was getting another poo hole torn for him and that he looked totally disinterested in the contest going on around him then they were not watching the game. When we actually have a ruckman, we will all see what we have been missing.  :o If Derickx is not fit, they should take out Gus and throw in another midfielder for him to try and leech of the opposition hitouts  :P

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »
Richmond could opt to bring in former Demon forward Brad Miller for the Saints clash. Miller was elevated from the rookie list and booted five goals for Coburg at the weekend.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/koschitzke-in-the-mix-for-saints-against-richmond-20110328-1cdg4.html

no thanks

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
Rance on Kosi ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Kosi won't play, he's injurred

wrong

Kosi is a very good chance to play.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2011, 09:29:44 AM »

In regards to Gus, not sure what the commentators had to say about him, but if they couldn't see that he was getting another poo hole torn for him and that he looked totally disinterested in the contest going on around him then they were not watching the game. When we actually have a ruckman, we will all see what we have been missing.  :o If Derickx is not fit, they should take out Gus and throw in another midfielder for him to try and leech of the opposition hitouts  :P

So true JVT.  Anyone who thought Graham's game was anything but deplorable must have been watching through blacked out lenses.  He was outpointed all night and when he did effect a tapout it was almost always uncontrolled and ended up in the hands of a Carlton mid.  I was disgusted in a couple of his efforts around the ground and his input was just not satisfactory for a senior AFL ruckman.  He has no 'hardness' about him whatsoever and gives every impression of having an almost zero tolerance to pain or discomfort - something that will never allow him to be even remotely competitive over an AFL career.  He is a sook of the highest order.  How much our mids must dream of getting a fighting chance in ruck contests by having a ruckman who actually competes.  I don't know if either Browne or Derrickx will make it in the long term but I'll back either of them right now to be more competitive at the very least.