Author Topic: Before I "BIN IT"  (Read 17131 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Before I "BIN IT"
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »

10 FLAGS

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
what happens after acceptance lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »

We get beaten by Carlton by over 100 points again.......Vicious Circle!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »

I think it's Richmond vs Essendon
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
THERE are too many people at Richmond on big salaries from PLAYERS, ADMINISTRATORS and STAFF who DO NOT RESPECT THE SUPPORTERS!

I wrote this yesterday, Richmond supporters are probably people on $40 to $60k a year trying to look after their families, pay mortgages, pay increasing utilities and rising costs of living, they give to RFC because they love the club but the club treats the members and supporters like drop kicks.

The club spends more time devoting itself to rubbish PR like the 19th MAN bulldust.

Personally, I would get rid of most of the staff in that joint. They havent got a effen clue and thats the facts of it all. They havent got a effen clue!

well said, you all know my thoughts , havent changed in past 5 years
5 years? whats changed in 30 years?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »

Apathy
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
great post WP.
Watched most of the game live in Fiji.
Was a total disgrace
The club seems like its going down the same path as Wallaces 2nd year, re the 100 point floggings at the lack of HEART :banghead
I would not have watched most of the game if i were in Fiji! Ruin the holidays that would!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
Yep yesterday was pathetic and mentally weak (moreso than physically) but it wasn't that surprising. I was expecting at least a 10 goal loss against a top 4 side. I can think of worse losses so that's saying something. Losing to North by 141 point on a Friday night in 1990, the Geelong loss by 167 or whatever it was, the Bulldogs loss in round 1 2006 by 20 goals, and the loss to Adelaide by 137 in Walls' last game were worse. That last one at the top of the list given we weren't a young side, had just lost to Essendon by over 100 points and we had beaten the Crows earlier that season.

But above all else in light of what the day was supposed to be about it was DISHONEST.
I could argue dishonesty off-field leads to dishonesty on-field. Also throw in the word deluded given comments both publicly and even privately  :help by senior club officials including many by those still in charge at the Club  :scream.

* Gary March yesterday publicly promising a flag under his reign.

* The Club blaming lack of money for our lack of success. Okay you can justifiy needing resources and money to achieve the ultimate success of a premiership these days so the FTF is important from that point of view. However, we've struggled to even make the finals in a competition where half the teams do each year and where poor club like North, Dogs and Melbourne have played finals on a semi-regular basis over the past 10 years. Sorry it's a cop out to blame lack of money for our lack of finals when the main reason is compounding incompetence - a failure to make smart long-term decisions many of which required no money to make.

* The Club publicly expecting 3 finals appearances by 2014 (3-0-75 plan). Just a total lack of comprehension of where our list is at and its capabilities.

* The Club publicly aiming for 3 flags by 2020. Ummm let's first try to put a team on the park that can have a semblance of being competitive with top sides and reach the finals before talking about even one flag let alone three.

* The numerous times over the years we've had club officials come out publicly in the media before a big game saying we want "respect" and then seeing us get embarrassingly flogged :P.

* The Club saying we don't need priority picks  ::) which are a bonus and accelerate list rebuilding. Nah we stupidly win meaningless games against other bottom sides late in the season so we can tell ourselves we ain't really that bad even though we've won just 10 games out of 55 if you just look at the first 11 rounds of each of the past 5 years.

* We've cost ourselves a whole draft's worth of picks since Craig Cameron joined us in 2008 - missing out on two priority picks (4 and 19) for the sake of 3 extra meaningless late season wins over 2009-10 plus throwing away mid-range picks in 2008 on duds like Adam Thomson and Hislop just months after taking over from Greg Miller who got sacked for dumb recycle recruiting (ie. McMahon). Compare this to smart clubs like the Eagles who just 4 years after winning a flag knowing they had a young inferior list incapable of playing finals tanked last year to maximise their draft selections and gain an extra (priority) pick which got them Jack Darling. It doesn't always take money to make smart list management decisions; only smart people who understand how the AFL draft system works.

* A senior club official in 2009 about 4 weeks after the round 1 Carlton debacle telling me at training at Vic Park that we have the best crop of youngsters in the AFL. Remember this was well before the November 2009 (Martin, Griffs, Astbury,...) and 2010 (Conca, Batchelor, Houli) drafts. Seriously how deluded can you get!

The coach and players will cop the blame from supporters for yesterday and fair enough too but those in higher positions connected to the board and footy dept. should be held accountable as well for being deluded and dishonest in their comments and decisions about where our list and team is at which raises expectations well above the capabilities of our current list. As others have said in this thread actions speak louder than words. As many of us on OER have said over the years the Club needs to just shut up with the PR crap!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 04:49:30 PM »
I feel sad and sorry for;

-The volunteers who put in countless hours for the club on campaigns such as the FTF
-The kids I saw in their little tiger jumpers yesterday
-Despite their oligarchical structure, I feel for the Richmond Cheer squad
-Workers on award wages who have contributed over and above what they can probably afford for the FTF
-Other volunteers such as the mods on this site and the other Tiger chat rooms

These people are the very fabric of the club. They must wonder why they bother and I feel your pain WP.

and the players want more money

Players can get stuffed.

Wont be attending another game for the rest of the year. Would rather follow my supercoach side.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
Great post WP.  I was very fortunate (again) in not seeing the game (working this time) so I have been spared the last 2 weeks of embarrassment and anger but I understand by the responses of the forum members what it must have been like.  So disappointing for so many reasons.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »

I'm over this club

Well eff off then and go follow the soccer.

:wallywink

That's your solution is it. I am sure TM is entitled to his opinion and it has validaity.

Why do all these prima donna supporters I've been following RFC for 50 yrs and I've been through the bad times yada yada yada and if you are sick of it tell everyone else to leave. Good for you mate. If you accept things as they are good but there are many here who don't. The criticism directed at the club after yesterday is warranted and deserving. Fans must be allowed to vent after that.  After the week the club put on building up this occasion and the on feld performance the club should honestly put every members name on the jumper let alone those who gave to the FTF.
For effs sake,look out for the wrath of a few to fall down on those who vilify the club after an effort like that sheesh.  I'm with you Tony_Montana.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »

I'm over this club

That's your solution is it. I am sure TM is entitled to his opinion and it has validaity.

WHy do all these prima donna supporters I've been following RFC for 50 yrs and I've been through the bad times yada yada yada

I have been a  supporter for 33 years, I'v ONLY seen the bad times :help :help

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »

I'm over this club

WHy do all these prima donna supporters I've been following RFC for 50 yrs and I've been through the bad times yada yada yada

I have been a  supporter for 33 years, I'v ONLY seen the bad times :help :help

You poor bastard
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 06:10:15 PM »

I'm over this club

I have been a  supporter for 33 years, I'v ONLY seen the bad times :help :help

I 'm 36 was 5 when we won a flag when I was in grade prep and am still waiting. If you waited 32 years for a root you'd be frustrated like hell. Had enough of the club saying we need this and that what about the members. Enough of these effin surveys and messages from Dimma Benny the bootstudder phone calls with pre recorded messages to my mobile Cotchins jock strap from round 3 framed and signed with his sperm. Only 200 available.

How about some effort committment application honesty and respect for the fans RFC.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »
27 years old.

Seen 2 finals series.

Only ever seen 2 final wins, Vs Essendon in 95 and Carlton in 01.

What a joke.
Go Tigers!