Author Topic: Heath Shaw - Is anyone interested?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Heath Shaw - Is anyone interested?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 03:29:20 AM »
Pass.

I'm I the only one confused as to how we can have 'salary cap' pressure with a young list that only until this year was rated at pretty mediocre. Yet clubs like Collingwood can throw the $$ at Dustin, Carlton can throw huge $$ at Cloke and Thomas and Essendon landed the biggest Free Agent fish in Goddard plus West Coast throwing 400k* at Conca when they have the likes of Nic Nat, Josh Kennedy, Shuey, Priddis, Glass, Cox, Kerr.. all these big names....?

Have I missed something? How have we filled the cap with a bunch of kids and Chris Newman?

* Or whatever it was
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 07:25:24 AM »
Yes

You missed paying overs to complete spuds like Grigg

You would think his on 350k which is pretty funny considering how crap he is

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 07:43:45 AM »
what you have completely missed pope, and it seems daniel as well, is that we dont have salary cap pressure.

we are trying to maintain cap space to
1 bring in players through free agency/trades
2 allow for natural increase in salaries of youngsters as they improve and become worth more.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 07:57:12 AM »
what you have completely missed pope, and it seems daniel as well, is that we dont have salary cap pressure.

2 allow for natural increase in salaries of youngsters as they improve and become worth more.

Yep, spot on Al.  The pressure is only in the minds of the media.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »

:clapping :clapping :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »

Far too much sense there ....shame on you  :rollin :rollin

BTW you are 100% correct  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 09:16:59 AM »

Far too much sense there ....shame on you  :rollin :rollin

BTW you are 100% correct  :thumbsup

[media]No he's not. We can only afford 500k for Dusty, so if he signs we can't get Adams or anyone else. [/media]  :shh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 09:46:15 AM »
my main issue is paying overs for spuds like Grigg and then Mcguane before him,  then not budging on paying the a graders like Dusty. When you look at it you are right how can we have no money left in the tank. Fair way under when you really look at our bottom 6. white, jackson, edwards x 2, grigg, mcguane, newman(although vet list),

I don't think its solely money for Dusty as no one can be that dumb in thinking that 150k increase results in 150k in his pocket.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
if Grigg had a shyte beard you'd be gurgling over him

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 06:13:14 PM »

Says you or the club? Never seen the club say there is no salary cap pressure whereas it seems to be common knowledge among journos. (Don't bother ranting about journos credibility because quite frankly its their word against a few supporters on here)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »
Everyone can relax and STFU now, seriously...  :facepalm
As we speak Grigg is on his way to GWS, I have traded him for Adams and a late pick which i wont disclose now  8)

Time to relax, no more pressure on salary cap

Im also working on Macca and nanas to Lions for longer  :shh

Heres a link to the discussion talks:

http://youtu.be/lTSWdHY9Ny4
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »

Says you or the club? Never seen the club say there is no salary cap pressure whereas it seems to be common knowledge among journos. (Don't bother ranting about journos credibility because quite frankly its their word against a few supporters on here)

actually i think it may have been mentioned in the media.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »
some journos say cap pressure, a couple have said room to move.. who knows whose got the right mail..

Im just going by what us supporters were told at that fan night when dimma had just started by Gale and CC.. We were in the process of front loading a lot of contracts bc 1) we had to make the minimum 95% and 2) to get us ready to have a serious crack when free agency came in. The club felt we were one of the few that were preparing early for it and whilst we were still getting our house in order in many other areas, on that front we were proactive and ahead of the pack in their opinion. MT and Tuckerbag/don fistiki were there too and would confirm this. Hindsight tells us they were correct. Since then we've landed Houli, Grigg, maric and Chaplin, not on huge coin but probably respectable mid range contracts, but that's probably been offset by some of the front loaded contracts now having a minimum amount left. My educated or uneducated guess would say we have room to move for the reason I just mentioned. Again, time will tell soon enough what the truth is -  as soon as trade and free agency starts.

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 07:25:16 PM »
He is being delisted/traded due to cultural/behavioural/on-field issues. Does Choco want another hard-case? Probably not.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 09:33:02 PM »
some journos say cap pressure, a couple have said room to move.. who knows whose got the right mail..

Im just going by what us supporters were told at that fan night when dimma had just started by Gale and CC.. We were in the process of front loading a lot of contracts bc 1) we had to make the minimum 95% and 2) to get us ready to have a serious crack when free agency came in. The club felt we were one of the few that were preparing early for it and whilst we were still getting our house in order in many other areas, on that front we were proactive and ahead of the pack in their opinion. MT and Tuckerbag/don fistiki were there too and would confirm this. Hindsight tells us they were correct. Since then we've landed Houli, Grigg, maric and Chaplin, not on huge coin but probably respectable mid range contracts, but that's probably been offset by some of the front loaded contracts now having a minimum amount left. My educated or uneducated guess would say we have room to move for the reason I just mentioned. Again, time will tell soon enough what the truth is -  as soon as trade and free agency starts.

Spot on Tony and yes that was what was relayed to us by CC at the time.
I always felt that we are in a position to move flexibly and stay well within salary cap with these lot of contracts and thus giving us a good chance to identify players for specific holes in our list rather than just getting a player for the sake of him being available to just make it seem that our footy department is doing something. Front loading of contracts was a big selling point.

By obtaining Maric in 2011 and Chaplin last year would not have hindered our salary cap room given Newman since then has been placed on the veterans list, retirements of notable players such as Tuck and given that McGuane, Nahas and some others who have been around for a while may be on the way out it may free up even more space.

Ralph Skata has generated this issue with the non signing of Dusty and has added speculation to our financial position which from where I sit seems better than sound.

As for Heath Shaw a change of environment may be all he needs. Once you see that a certain system/thing no longer works or is viable then you become rash and undisciplined first and then effort desire start to wane. He can play Newman's role off half back IMHO and we can play Newy as a pinch hitting forward like Stuart Dew with his skills. I am not against this as he has hardly been injured in recent years and to me has plenty of skill and ability and can play for another five or so seasons which to me fits right into our premiership window perfectly.

To me he is the perfect age group 24-28 and he'll be replacing some blokes already in there that word has seem to be on their way out. Premiership experienced players with that much good footy left in them don't come along every day. FFS we spruiked Clay Sampson as a premiership player which he was when he came to Punt Rd in 1999. I would look into this if the price fits our needs and requirements.