Author Topic: Richmond likely to offer Damien Hardwick contract extension (Herald-Sun)  (Read 6776 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
On another point in the article: Since when is Kelvin Moore our best defender? There was evidence that Dylan Grimes had already surpassed him in that third tall role. I reckon we're missing Grimes' input much more.

What? Since when was Grimes playing third tall? He was full back when he played this year. Moore is definitely one of our best defenders

The claim in the article was that Moore is our BEST defender, which I just find ludicrous. Grimes may have started at full back, but was initially monstered by players like Franklin and Cloke. It was only when he was given the job of third up tall, which he's more suited to at the minute while he's still developing, that he started to shine.   

Seems to have that Fletcher-like capability of coming from nowhere to stretch out his go-go-gadget arm and make the spoil. He is no FB at the moment. Doesn't have anywhere near the size unlike Rance who, with some excellent tutorage from Leppa, seems to have found his place there. I can imagine that in the future Rance will become our FB, Grimes our CHB/2nd spoiler with Astbury our third tall rebounding defender. Astbury has better poise and footskills than either of the other two currently but not the defensive mindset or understanding.

McGuane may be pushed out and Moore, Thursfield and Gourdis will be fighting for a place and may never get there. I'm looking forward to see how the Goo plays today.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
I still think he is batting at less than 50% in terms of games I would give him the tick for the coaches box battle.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond likely to offer Damien Hardwick contract extension (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »
This story seems to have died a quick death. Anyone hear anything of late.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Him

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 04:07:50 PM »

Malthouse's availability in 2013 would have to make one year extensions for Lyons and Rattan a possibility.

And there is no need for Richmond to hurry an extension either.

:thumbsup

edited to fix spelling (some habits die hard  :lol )
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:11:06 PM by God »

Ox

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »
If he wants to be a prick like Northey and leave because he cant get an extension on his record,lol.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 06:52:36 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :banghead

WAIT UNTIL THE END OF 2012!!!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:46 AM »
Agree. Wait and see..

If things don't work out Micky M will be chomping at the bit to coach his old side.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »
There will be pressure on Dimma next year given the Club believes the transition period for our list has now finished and has planned for finals starting in 2012. Wishful thinking if you ask me and unfair expectations on Dimma. We don't have a finals-bound list yet. 2013 at the earliest if not 2014 is a more realistic target.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 12:45:46 PM »
There will be pressure on Dimma next year given the Club believes the transition period for our list has now finished and has planned for finals starting in 2012. Wishful thinking if you ask me and unfair expectations on Dimma. We don't have a finals-bound list yet. 2013 at the earliest if not 2014 is a more realistic target.

Problem is also that the rebuild hasnt been completed yet - at least properly. The club needed to draft or trade into at least 3 more A grade players in the next two years but that is now looking very unlikely. Instead they are looking for props and bandaid solutions so they can make the bottom reaches of the eight.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »

Problem is also that the rebuild hasnt been completed yet - at least properly. The club needed to draft or trade into at least 3 more A grade players in the next two years but that is now looking very unlikely. Instead they are looking for props and bandaid solutions so they can make the bottom reaches of the eight.

Really, Have I missed something here?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »

Craig Cameron and the Club will push that to amke Benny's 3-0-75 statement realistic.
I agree 2013 at the earliest and that is if everything goes right.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 01:10:18 PM »

I agree Ramps but what can you do when you ask the Club what are our expectations for next year given our list is still very young and inexperienced and needs further development and the reply is we need to start winning and we're still aiming to play finals in 2012-14 as planned. It seems the Club needs round 1 against Carlton each year to get a reality check  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »
There seems to be a level of short sightedness at the moment that is worrying IMHO.  The focus seems to have changed from drafting kids to trading in to fill holes and get depth. IMHO you can get all the depth you want but if you havent got enough A graders you cant win a flag.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 02:00:15 PM »
There seems to be a level of short sightedness at the moment that is worrying IMHO.  The focus seems to have changed from drafting kids to trading in to fill holes and get depth. IMHO you can get all the depth you want but if you havent got enough A graders you cant win a flag.

Hmmm. Just thinking about this for perhaps 30 nanoseconds, maybe this has something to do with the compromised draft and supposedly weak talent pool. Of course nothing has actually happened yet but your right, that shouldn't stop people jumping to conclusions and treating the worst case scenario fictional stories as absolute fact. Much more fun.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »
theres no point trading for average footballers when you can get cheaper average ones from the national draft anyways.