Author Topic: Richmond likely to offer Damien Hardwick contract extension (Herald-Sun)  (Read 6778 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond likely to offer Damien Hardwick contract extension (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 02:14:30 PM »
Imagine . . .

Damien Hardwick - Head Coach
Neil Craig - High Performance Manager
Mick Malthouse - Director of Coaching

:whistle

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »
There seems to be a level of short sightedness at the moment that is worrying IMHO.  The focus seems to have changed from drafting kids to trading in to fill holes and get depth. IMHO you can get all the depth you want but if you havent got enough A graders you cant win a flag.

And you can't get enough A graders if they simply aren't available to Draft :whistle
Since Dimma took over we have hardly put a foot wrong with both our Trading and Drafting. In a year of such a crap draft it looks as though we are exploring options outside the draft because of it's lack of depth. I don't see the issue with this at all, I very much doubt we will get rid of our first pick and by the looks of it that is the only pick worth using this season.
The club has made it well known that it is organising itself to have a good crack at bot Free agency and next seasons so called Mega Draft and I can't see where we have swerved off this path at all??
At the end of the day if we end up with a decent player with pick 14 and trade for couple of upgrades as we did last year then we are doing o.k.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »
In fairness to Ramps he's not talking about fixing all our list deficiencies in this upcoming draft/trade period. We do need to have another big dip into next year's uncompromised draft and probably the one after that to gain these extra A-graders we need. Missing out on the finals next year, because we aren't good enough no matter what those inside the Club wishfully believe, wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in the long run.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
There will be pressure on Dimma next year given the Club believes the transition period for our list has now finished and has planned for finals starting in 2012. Wishful thinking if you ask me and unfair expectations on Dimma. We don't have a finals-bound list yet. 2013 at the earliest if not 2014 is a more realistic target.

Craig Cameron and the Club will push that to amke Benny's 3-0-75 statement realistic.
I agree 2013 at the earliest and that is if everything goes right.
True Tucky but that's why the Club shouldn't make such statements as 3 finals by 2014. Hopefully it doesn't gives false expectations to fickle fans and especially the media to jump on the Club or Dimma in the final year of his contract.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »
No reason whatsoever we can't make the 8 next year, it's also not mutually exclusive with rebuilding the list. It is possible to win games and still draft, and trade, well.

There is not usually a lot - if anything - between the sides that finish 7-10, except 2 sides play in September and 2 sides make excuses.
What was our record against those sides this year? You only have to beat those below and around you to make it, you don't have to be knocking off Top 4 sides. That's not overrating the list, that's certainly close to where we should be at next year. We may not win a final but we should aiming to play one, bare minimum. That's not a false expectation either, I'm more than aware of how far back we've had to come from and how much further we have to go.

This whole can't make the finals for 4(+) years while rebuilding is new age rubbish and nothing more than an excuse for mediocrity both on and off-field. 2014 realistic? Setting the bar embarrassingly low there. Should have aspirations to be entrenched in the middle of the 8 by then.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
Go the Gerks!  ;D
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 08:36:24 PM »
Look at him goooooooooooooo :bow :bow

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
would have to agree with Gerks 100% on this one.

I look at sides like Nought, Bummers, Buldogs now we just need to believe we can beat these sides regulaty and we will.

Lets be serious how can we not be expected to beat sides like Buldogs and Nought. Its all in our head and we just need to come to play not like those sides seem to do when they know its us they are playing. I still cant believe we lost to Buldogs and Melbourne this year.

I would say we can beat any club from 6th spot down except Freo over there with a full list and maybe Swans at the SCG.

The bar has been raised and we need to finish in the 8 or we will have failed.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »
No reason whatsoever we can't make the 8 next year, it's also not mutually exclusive with rebuilding the list. It is possible to win games and still draft, and trade, well.

There is not usually a lot - if anything - between the sides that finish 7-10, except 2 sides play in September and 2 sides make excuses.
What was our record against those sides this year? You only have to beat those below and around you to make it, you don't have to be knocking off Top 4 sides. That's not overrating the list, that's certainly close to where we should be at next year. We may not win a final but we should aiming to play one, bare minimum. That's not a false expectation either, I'm more than aware of how far back we've had to come from and how much further we have to go.

This whole can't make the finals for 4(+) years while rebuilding is new age rubbish and nothing more than an excuse for mediocrity both on and off-field. 2014 realistic? Setting the bar embarrassingly low there. Should have aspirations to be entrenched in the middle of the 8 by then.

Spot on Gerks, good post.   :thumbsup

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »
No news here? Anyone, anyone Bueller?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »

My God...you hypercritical........You upped me for the rent about NO EXCUSES and read your post here Gerks.....

I don't believe it......... :help :gobdrop :o :o :gobdrop
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ox

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
I really must  l m f a o.

If ANYBODY within the club had ANY idea,Hardwits contract would not be renewed until round 20 of the 2012 season.
Not bloody now.

He needs to perform,FFS!
Gone are the early career excuses he was able to hide behind until now.
He has a team of "Damiens Darlings" -players he has worked alongside and recruited.

IMO He needs to show he can perform accordingly BEFORE we give him a renewal,otherwise the mediocrity will be allowed to thrive.

Make the sob work his ars off for it.

PROVE TO THE CLUB,PLAYERS AND US,that he is capable of delivering as a coach what he has sold to us for the lst 2 years.
otherwise
ƒuck off.

It's not that hard for people to see this...IS IT?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »
100% Agree with Brackets :thumbsup

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
Im not sure what is happening which is why i bumped the thread. Its gone awfully quiet in the papers since last year
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »
I am a Hardwick fan but I too see it pointless to rush any decision. I'd even wait until year's end.
If he continues to do well his next contract will take care of itself.