Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 202748 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #990 on: July 22, 2022, 04:56:39 PM »
Stack is immature .. some kids are 22 going on 17 .. some are 18 going on 25

We know which category Sydney falls into .. when the penny drops he could be absolutely anything .. top 5 at the club isn’t impossible

A bit like Stengle at Club number 3?

Yes .. but Sydney can do things Stengle would dream of ..
But on the maturity/dedication side of things, exactly

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #991 on: July 22, 2022, 05:34:36 PM »
If marlion pickett can become AFL standard and eventually grow into the professional environment I believe Sydney can as well. I don’t know how the club can do much more but I think it’s worth persevering given his talents.

I will never forget how important he was to our 2019 flag. When everyone was out of form or injured he was a shining light off half back and put viney on his arse. If he never got injured he would have 10000000% been a premiership player and i feel like him missing out on the medal psychologically messed him up. I’m not saying Sydney is absolved of everything (especially kebab gate) but i feel like if he got the medal it would have kept him on the straight and narrow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #992 on: July 22, 2022, 05:55:01 PM »
Syd has oodles of talent but he needs to turn up to next preseason training at least on par with his teammates in terms of fitness. Not start behind the eight ball and spend a large chunk of the preseason trying to play catch up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #993 on: July 22, 2022, 06:18:59 PM »
If marlion pickett can become AFL standard and eventually grow into the professional environment I believe Sydney can as well. I don’t know how the club can do much more but I think it’s worth persevering given his talents.

I will never forget how important he was to our 2019 flag. When everyone was out of form or injured he was a shining light off half back and put viney on his arse. If he never got injured he would have 10000000% been a premiership player and i feel like him missing out on the medal psychologically messed him up. I’m not saying Sydney is absolved of everything (especially kebab gate) but i feel like if he got the medal it would have kept him on the straight and narrow

Couldn't agree more on this.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #994 on: July 23, 2022, 01:08:16 AM »
Maybe being in isolation in a maximum security prison during Christmas whilst grieving the loss of his grandfather has something to do with it.

Or maybe he read the posts of people on some of the footy forums like this one calling him to be cut from the list for the sinister evil crime of going out during a stupid unnecessary overblown ridiculous covid restriction when he didn’t even have a sniffle and wasn’t positive nor did he rape or kill anyone but had to go to the very same prison as those who have raped and killed people.

Locked in a tiny room for days during Christmas in a maximum security prison for the softest dumbest reason. It was even ridiculous then but knowing what we know now it’s even more ridiculous than it was then.

Etihad is bad enough, I wonder how crazy I’d get being in a prison cell, probably a better experience than being at this poor excuse of a footy stadium.

I say Keep Stack. He’s a gun player. Needs support and counselling. Needs an apology and compensation by the WA government for what they did to him.

The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #995 on: July 23, 2022, 01:17:13 AM »
With betts down at Geelong if I were the cats I’d be going hard for him.

who is mentoring him at the moment? David Teague :help
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #996 on: July 23, 2022, 01:25:24 AM »

Did David Teague take a pee in your cereal or something? Geez you love a good vendetta.

Last season we were AFL#11 in points scored and this season we are AFL#2 and that’s without dusty most of the season, lynch missing for large chunks and Riewoldt on his last legs. And yes you don’t have to list me all the other aspects of what a fwd line should do, their number one aim is to score points and they are second best in the league at it. Can our forward line be better abso-fn-lutely, but if your pointing fingers and taking jabs they are a queue of people (coaches, players, staff) that you could post about before the guy whose been in the job all of 10 months….

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #997 on: July 23, 2022, 01:30:31 AM »

Did David Teague take a pee in your cereal or something? Geez you love a good vendetta.

Last season we were AFL#11 in points scored and this season we are AFL#2 and that’s without dusty most of the season, lynch missing for large chunks and Riewoldt on his last legs. And yes you don’t have to list me all the other aspects of what a fwd line should do, their number one aim is to score points and they are second best in the league at it. Can our forward line be better abso-fn-lutely, but if your pointing fingers and taking jabs they are a queue of people (coaches, players, staff) that you could post about before the guy whose been in the job all of 10 months….

Truth

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #998 on: July 23, 2022, 01:33:38 AM »
Sounds like more excuses as every club has injuries.

Our forward line is a complete mess. Blind Freddy can see it.

Don’t worry others are in the queue, like the stupid selection committee , but one guy has come in with no RFC success and done a job worthy of what you see in the toilet.

Next time we shouldn’t critique any players who had more games than others? That is what your suggesting right. Hugo been around for 5 mins all good let’s wait till he has been around longer than a season.

Please.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #999 on: August 02, 2022, 08:16:19 PM »
Richmond is also on track to re-contract talented utility Sydney Stack despite a year in which he has played only two AFL games, one of them as the unused sub.

Stack, who broke his cheekbone last month, has made significant gains in his professionalism and while he would have rival suitors the 22-year-old will be at Punt Road next year.

Source: HeraldSun.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1000 on: August 02, 2022, 08:25:52 PM »
I think he is pretty critical for our development. Can be an absolute weapon

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1001 on: August 02, 2022, 08:27:14 PM »
Nice!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1002 on: August 02, 2022, 08:27:48 PM »
Richmond is also on track to re-contract talented utility Sydney Stack despite a year in which he has played only two AFL games, one of them as the unused sub.

Stack, who broke his cheekbone last month, has made significant gains in his professionalism and while he would have rival suitors the 22-year-old will be at Punt Road next year.

This is very good news. He might still be having the odd off field wobble but he’s so important to our future and could be the missing cog in a dustyless midfield in years to come
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline PoppyTige

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1003 on: August 02, 2022, 08:57:17 PM »

Super news. :)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1004 on: August 02, 2022, 08:58:57 PM »

This is very good news. He might still be having the odd off field wobble but he’s so important to our future and could be the missing cog in a dustyless midfield in years to come

Absolutely smashing news :clapping