Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 925154 times)

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #2220 on: January 09, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
2009?

i hope we aren't going backwards!

:)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2221 on: January 09, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
Not sure how accurate but nevertheless this is from BF:

Got a couple of results from the tan

Jackson 13 flat, Griffiths 15 something (only had been running for a couple of weeks)
Relton Roberts 24 something, had to re do it this morning and he knocked 6 mins off his time. Apparantly had a pretty large gut and was unfit.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16640119&postcount=313

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2222 on: January 09, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »
Lol Relton.

Would love to see him on the park but at 24 around the Tan I don't think you can improve that much and run out a game of AFL football.

Bumped into a mate from Whitefriars who played footy with Griffiths and said he's an absolute monstor and enjoys hruting the opposition with his size and body (fairly of course). One day apparently in School Footy he kicked 6 goals but told his mates he only scored 3 that day as he busted 3 packs each time putting an opposition player on the bench with some sort of injury lol 15 is pretty good for a big man.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2223 on: January 09, 2010, 10:56:21 PM »
I don't believe the 24 min report, you could almost walk around it the tan that fast
I think the first time I did it was in about 18 mins and thats when I was unfit and didn't know how to pace myself for the hill

jackstar is back again

« Reply #2224 on: January 09, 2010, 10:59:38 PM »
if there is any player at the club who cannot break 15 mins around the tan shouldnt be on the list full stop, I am horrifed if we have elite players who cant break 15 mins, fit or unfit, its only 3.89k for god sake

Tiggytam

« Reply #2225 on: January 10, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
I don't believe the 24 min report, you could almost walk around it the tan that fast
I think the first time I did it was in about 18 mins and thats when I was unfit and didn't know how to pace myself for the hill

It is true, I know for a fact, slowest time ever by an RFC player.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2226 on: January 10, 2010, 09:53:48 AM »
He must heve stopped for a crap, or to regurgitate his breakfast.. Knocked 6 mins off the next day so something wasn't right with him when he did that time, just hope it wasn't his head.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

jackstar is back again

« Reply #2227 on: January 10, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »
He must heve stopped for a crap, or to regurgitate his breakfast.. Knocked 6 mins off the next day so something wasn't right with him when he did that time, just hope it wasn't his head.

18 mins is hardly good enough :banghead
I have been away on 2 weeks holiday and went around this morning in 17.34 and I am 49. ::) and I am 6 kilos overweight

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2228 on: January 10, 2010, 01:01:22 PM »
No, its not jack the star, but I never said it was.
He was overweight and unfit when drafted, as a rookie. I'd be more worried if he was still like that in a few months time. Of all the attributes needed to play AFL football, fitness is the one that can most easily be rectified.

Just to give an idea about the footy environment he comes from I heard Michael Mclean talking about how coaching up here had changed since he coached Southern Districts to a flag 5-6 years ago. He said you can't train them into the ground and push them too hard anymore ???
left me a little stunned actually.

So coming from that sort of environment AFL training is a huge step up and a real test of character to start so far behind the eight ball. He has so much more work to do than the others if he does get his fitness up to scratch then kudos to him.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything the club has done recently that you are remotely happy about?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2229 on: January 10, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »
He forgot to turn left at Alberquerque  :wallywink
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #2230 on: January 10, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
He was overweight and unfit when drafted, as a rookie. I'd be more worried if he was still like that in a few months time. Of all the attributes needed to play AFL football, fitness is the one that can most easily be rectified.

Just to give an idea about the footy environment he comes from I heard Michael Mclean talking about how coaching up here had changed since he coached Southern Districts to a flag 5-6 years ago. He said you can't train them into the ground and push them too hard anymore ???

So coming from that sort of environment AFL training is a huge step up and a real test of character to start so far behind the eight ball. He has so much more work to do than the others if he does get his fitness up to scratch then kudos to him.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything the club has done recently that you are remotely happy about?

YES.
Got rid of Terry Wallace , Greg Miller, David King, Jade Rawlings, Cleve Hughes, Jay Schulz, JON etc etc

« Reply #2231 on: January 10, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »

YES.
Got rid of Terry Wallace , Greg Miller, David King, Jade Rawlings, Cleve Hughes, Jay Schulz, JON etc etc

Stupid question after all.

:lol

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2232 on: January 10, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »

YES.
:thumbsup :cheers

jackstar is back again

« Reply #2233 on: January 10, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »
Sorry, forget Pettifer, Patterson.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2234 on: January 11, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »
36 degrees tomorrow morning. I can't see them staying out long in that heat.