Author Topic: ONE HD Footy Show - One Week At A Time  (Read 14300 times)

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
Re: ONE HD Footy Show - One Week At A Time
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2009, 08:56:16 PM »
Thought Chris Newman was sensational tonight, well done :clapping

Is that sarcasm i detect ? ::)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2009, 08:58:26 PM »

No idiot, thought the interview was really good.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »
he did handle himself quite well considering I commented just recently that he never looked comfortable in the role...he was cool and measured in his response...I think he has alot of respect out there...prob more than I gave him credit for...still wouldn't suprise if new coach appointed a NEW captian
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »

Are you for real ?
1 simple question only requires 1 simple answer, no need for name calling.
But then i suppose it's a quiet night.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »

Are you for real ?
1 simple question only requires 1 simple answer, no need for name calling.
But then i suppose it's a quiet night.

I must apologiize then, sorry.
I thought you were just another NUFFER ;)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Chris Newman on One Week At A Time tonight
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2009, 10:55:44 PM »
Newy said he's had problems with his groin all year but he's done his most to get back on the park.
Just to clarify, pretty sure he was talking about Browny here, not himself

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Chris Newman on One Week At A Time tonight
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »
Newy said he's had problems with his groin all year but he's done his most to get back on the park.
Just to clarify, pretty sure he was talking about Browny here, not himself
Ta Infamy. Yeah he was talking about Browny. I've edited the original summary.

richmondrules

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »
I'm impressed with Newman's comments regarding Maxwell. He is right, a real captain would not have made those comments. Just makes you hate the Pies even more now doesn't it!  >:(

No. Hating more not possible on a quantum level.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2010, 07:59:40 PM »
First show for 2010. The only mention of Richmond on tonight's show has of course been on about Cousins.

Walls said Matty White who was an emergency should have played instead of Cousins. This is Cousins' last year of footy whereas White will be around in 5-6 years time when Richmond will be up there. There's no point playing 30 year old players when you'll be a bottom two side for the next 2-3 years. Same goes for Simmonds. Vickery should be given as much time to become first ruck.

Darcy said Richmond's list is in such a mess it won't be just a 2-3 year job. There's a lot of pain to come for Tigers' fans and it'll be 5-6 years before they become any good because it's the wrong time to be down the bottom and rebuilding with the new teams coming in.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »
If White is still around in 5-6 years time god help us.

Also, in regards to what Darcy is saying, 5-6 years time? Most of Geelongs guns will be retired or close to it, Dogs, Saints, Pies etc. They won't be the same teams as they are now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:53:48 PM by wayne »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2010, 11:44:19 PM »
If White is still around in 5-6 years time god help us.
Thought the same thing wayne. I almost spilled my cuppa when Walls said Whitey should have played instead of Cuz. I think we've got too many dodgy kicks who can't find a target in the senior side as it is without adding another :help.

This talk about it being the wrong time to be down the bottom is garbage. The bottom side still ends up with pick 4 and pretty much draft picks not so different from a normal draft ( 4, 27, 44, etc). The key is to trade for another decent pick and of course our recruiters doing their job and selecting the right kids. We heard the same armageddon talk from the media about the 2009 draft and how weak it was to be with a third of the kids missing. Early days but yeah the 2009 kids like Martin are such duds  ::). Free agency will also alter things and smart clubs especially those paying just 92.5% of the salary cap will take advantage of it to add more quality and experience to their list to help kick along the rebuild. There's too many variables to know what will happen in 3 years time let alone 5-6 years.

I remember walking out of Waverley after our loss to North in round 1, 1992 thinking sheesh we'll be a bottom side forever yet 3 years later we won 11 of our first 12 games and played finals. Footy can change quickly if the right people in charge make the right decisions (which we've never had for 30+ years). 5 years worth of draft picks alone (done properly) is at least 30 new players which is practically a new list. Even 3 years is around 15-20 new players. 3 years ago Bomber Thompson was close to getting the sack, reigning premiers West Coast had Judd and Cousins, and Hawthorn was playing this handball ring-a-rosy crap with the media bagging Clarkson.

We've got a young inexperienced list. We're going to struggle big time this year and most likely next year as well. However if we are still a bottom side in 4 years time then those in charge will not have done their job.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tiggytam

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »
Good post MT.  I think those sentiments all the time. The footy landscape changes all the time and sometimes very quickly.  AS we know todays newspapers are tomorrows fish and chip wrappers, it is such a pity that journalists in this town are now trying to be bigger than rock stars, how did so many of them end up on television and on radio?

Anybody would think the bottom teams won't be drafting anybody and actually it is an insult to the kids coming along in the next two drafts because the media are basically saying anybody not in the top 10-15 will be duds.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 08:43:43 AM »
It should be a pretty strong draft year this year too given they keep increasing the draft age. I know the Gold Coast got some bottom agers last year in advance, but there will be others who develop over this season who weren't on the radar before.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 10:14:44 PM »
Could be a gold mine with some mature age rookies this season with shrewd scouting.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Luke Darcy wants a midseason draft reintroduced and they had a pic of Jordie in a Saints guernsey as he won't play again for Richmond. Most Tiger supporters would probably be happy with that  :yep