Author Topic: Tom Derickx [merged]  (Read 30203 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Tom Derickx [merged]
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
He was a ruckman, BJ. Didn't kick that many

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/2110

10 goals in his last WAFL season. you telling us some fibs Bo  ;D :shh

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »
He was a ruckman, BJ. Didn't kick that many

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/2110

10 goals in his last WAFL season. you telling us some fibs Bo  ;D :shh

Really when someone told me that i thought it was in 1 game :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2012, 10:27:04 PM »
:lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »
Id give him anther run, rarelt got near it, spending too much time star gazing the jack lids and cotch show ....he ll be right. Has rare agility for someone of his height, and boy can he take a grab., was a goalkicking machine back at claremont :shh

Maybe so BJ but your love of the Tiggers means you talk up our blokes more than what you should.

Thought he was okay at best. Given the opposition anyway. Give him another go next week and lets see how he goes.

dwaino

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2012, 12:46:05 AM »
I agree bit slow at times. But we won, it was his first game and I thought it looked like he was having a blast out there.Probably thought he'd never get a run. At least he was better than anything TV has dished up this year.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2012, 12:52:36 AM »
5 tackle.in first q.

Go the big man.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
From Reece Conca's twitter .... 'war wounds on debut - the face only a mother could love'  lol.

http://instagram.com/p/MxY79MqFmi/

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
Didn't see him cop that one, How'd it happen?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
Id give him anther run, rarelt got near it, spending too much time star gazing the jack lids and cotch show ....he ll be right. Has rare agility for someone of his height, and boy can he take a grab., was a goalkicking machine back at claremont :shh

Maybe so BJ but your love of the Tiggers means you talk up our blokes more than what you should.

Thought he was okay at best. Given the opposition anyway. Give him another go next week and lets see how he goes.

ya know tucker, it's people's ignorance in roundly dispariaging our players that inspires my remarks. Im as bullish as people are stupid, mix it together and we have an equilibrium :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:31 PM »
VIDEO: Tiger great Bruce Monteath presents Tom Derickx with his jumper pre-game on Saturday ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/467383/default.aspx

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »
I see Bruce still has his little mullet.

the claw

« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
i like the process we went thru in getting derickx and morris.
over looking state league players while hanging onto long tem underachievers has been a bug bear with me. we do need to target blokes like derickx  who have done really well at their clubs and in their competition and have enough of the required attributes. ie   athleticism skills nouse etc to play afl. target blokes who have high b&f finishes at their clubs and in the league.
you wont always find a player who works out but you give yourself a good chance.

i wanted us to draft very late  or rookie a bloke called tom lee last yr just 21 this yr.   he ticks most boxes very athletic good kick and a damn good size at 196cm.  this bloke would have been handy at chb or chf for us this yr.
i would prefer we did this than use a rookie pick on a kid who has done nothing is usually so skinny hes 3 yrs away from playing and has obvious deficiencies that will take time to fix and at the end of the day is more  likely to go by the way side than make it.

yep weather derickx makes it or not hes basically a rookie pick the process is right.

the only time i have real issues with us taking mature players is if we use 1st 2nd or even in some cases 3rd round picks to get them. use these picks on quality kids take enough kids each yr as well and you can  then value add with senior players until your hearts content.

finally while it doesnt look great atm big tom may well still manage to make the grade.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
From Reece Conca's twitter .... 'war wounds on debut - the face only a mother could love'  lol.

http://instagram.com/p/MxY79MqFmi/

Why is jack pulling that face... seriously what a knob, why do we indulge this guy, he should have kicked 150 goals in the season so far.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
i like the process we went thru in getting derickx and morris.
over looking state league players while hanging onto long tem underachievers has been a bug bear with me. we do need to target blokes like derickx  who have done really well at their clubs and in their competition and have enough of the required attributes. ie   athleticism skills nouse etc to play afl. target blokes who have high b&f finishes at their clubs and in the league.
you wont always find a player who works out but you give yourself a good chance.

i wanted us to draft very late  or rookie a bloke called tom lee last yr just 21 this yr.   he ticks most boxes very athletic good kick and a damn good size at 196cm.  this bloke would have been handy at chb or chf for us this yr.
i would prefer we did this than use a rookie pick on a kid who has done nothing is usually so skinny hes 3 yrs away from playing and has obvious deficiencies that will take time to fix and at the end of the day is more  likely to go by the way side than make it.

yep weather derickx makes it or not hes basically a rookie pick the process is right.

the only time i have real issues with us taking mature players is if we use 1st 2nd or even in some cases 3rd round picks to get them. use these picks on quality kids take enough kids each yr as well and you can  then value add with senior players until your hearts content.

finally while it doesnt look great atm big tom may well still manage to make the grade.

You make some good points claw.  One thing I heard on the radio the other day, Was about how clubs draft.  Some like Sydney recycle many players and do really well at it, some like Geelong build their own and rarely recycle, the conclusion whatever path you go, do it well.  I think sydney are unique in the way they go about it, because they have to.  Recycled players are more likely to stick in Sydney too.  I think we should go more the Geelong route and develop our own, something we have not been good at since the 80s. But with our increased football spend we are developing some good players under hardwick like Rance.