Author Topic: Reluctant Tigers to keep selling games: March (Age & H-Sun)  (Read 2491 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Reluctant Tigers to keep selling games: March (Age & H-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 02:43:52 PM »
Yep, agree WP, but I reckon in this instance the message would be better coming from Gale.

Nah disagree

Gale is the CEO (read Admin ;D) and he is the one that has worn the "badge" of selling the game in the first place. And let's be honest he's the one who's been copping it from supporters for selling the game

The President by speaking has indirectly gone into bat for his CEO who's copping it and as smokey mentioned has as the holder of the absolute top postion of this Club put responsibility squarely back on the footy department

I reckon March has shown very good leadership here

I didnt see March or Gale trying to short circuit the lights at half time. That would have been real leadership  ;D

Problem is, we were actually leading at half time. 

Yes we were and we would have won the game if the lights had gone out after half time or even at the start of the 3rd quarter

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
Yep, agree WP, but I reckon in this instance the message would be better coming from Gale.

Nah disagree

Gale is the CEO (read Admin ;D) and he is the one that has worn the "badge" of selling the game in the first place. And let's be honest he's the one who's been copping it from supporters for selling the game

The President by speaking has indirectly gone into bat for his CEO who's copping it and as smokey mentioned has as the holder of the absolute top postion of this Club put responsibility squarely back on the footy department

I reckon March has shown very good leadership here

I didnt see March or Gale trying to short circuit the lights at half time. That would have been real leadership  ;D

Problem is, we were actually leading at half time. 

Yes we were and we would have won the game if the lights had gone out after half time or even at the start of the 3rd quarter

Love your thinking Ramps......  :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
If Gourdis The Greek was in the side he would have sorted something out. Lost the game at the selection table.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 07:09:35 PM »
Gale is an employee of the club and therefore it would not be in his best interests to make any comment on the matter

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 10:24:40 PM »
Well said Gary.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:19 PM »
Yeah good points re Gale not being the right choice but I stand by the fact that March shouldn't comment publically on football matters because he has about the same level of knowledge as Caroline Wilson.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »
Gee that's as harsh a call as could be made, big fella. I suppose caro will the enjoy the company of another ignoramus though  :P

Considering all the moronic talk about how it was the administration that cost us the game by selling the Darwin game I can understand why March, who represents that administration, felt a need to comment.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 09:05:07 AM »
Nothing moronic about it at all. When you sit in the middle of a Tiger crowd at the G you can literally feel the electricity we generate. I've seen it make the players go up a gear countless times. If I'm imagining it, then why does Dimma constantly refer to the 19th man in his e-mails to fans, urging us to come to the games?
What the club did on Saturday night was effectively take the 19th man out of the equation.
Richmond in the first half, though playing badly, were right in that game. They were just looking for a spark to ignite them which never came, and a lot of positive crowd noise could have provided it.
Port on the other hand were at their lowest ebb coming into that game. And the resolve they managed to scrape together when they sensed we were vulnerable would have evaporated away like dandelion spore under the blowtorch of intimidatory hatred that the Tiger masses subject visiting teams to at the G.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:14 PM »
Nothing moronic about it at all. When you sit in the middle of a Tiger crowd at the G you can literally feel the electricity we generate. I've seen it make the players go up a gear countless times. If I'm imagining it, then why does Dimma constantly refer to the 19th man in his e-mails to fans, urging us to come to the games?
What the club did on Saturday night was effectively take the 19th man out of the equation.
Richmond in the first half, though playing badly, were right in that game. They were just looking for a spark to ignite them which never came, and a lot of positive crowd noise could have provided it.
Port on the other hand were at their lowest ebb coming into that game. And the resolve they managed to scrape together when they sensed we were vulnerable would have evaporated away like dandelion spore under the blowtorch of intimidatory hatred that the Tiger masses subject visiting teams to at the G.

While you may have a valid point about the effect of the "19th man" RR, if we want to be a top side we need to be able to put sides like Port Adelaide to the sword, at home or away.  Still very much on our learning curve is our team and we need to be mindful of that when we have an expectation of success at every outing.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 09:44:44 PM »
In two years time when we will have more consistency and maturity then games interstate and Etihad against inferior opposition will be gimmes so long as we stick to our structures as good consistent and mature sides do, but we are not quite there yet and although a game away from familiar surrounding does provide a challenge for a young group like ours we showed that we were not quite up to the mark at this stage.
To me how much we have learnt from the Darwin experience will depend on how we perform over the next few weeks rather with further interstate trips as much as how we prepare in Cairns also, so that by the time we play Port in Darwin next year we can at least have something that we can proactively and positively compare ourselves to.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »

so perhaps you would care to explain why port beat us with dockland chock full of feral tiger heads. The atmosphere was electric that day... or how we beat port on such a big celebration for them in adelaide, with very little support.

to blame the administration for the pathetic effort from the players is moronic. It's ill conceived and illogical. They didn't turn up to play and port did - that is the bottom line. there was more support for richmond at the ground but the players simply did not give them anything to get excited about.

Unless the players get the crowd going with performance this 19th man BS will not even come into play.

If we are to hang our hat on the crowd support to win games then we might as well shut up shop now. FFS Norf won premierships will 1/4 of the support of the "19th man"

It's a national competition played all over the country. the players have to deal with playing in all conditions to be succesful. All the sooking in world from victorian centrics living in the past of a victorian only based competition played on Saturdays only will not change that.

The players are ones that need to take responsibility and thank stuff the coaching know that and are not pushing the blame onto the administration like petulant, spoilt brats, as many outside the club seem hell bent on doing
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
Al,Port are a much poorer side this season to the mob who beat us last year (no pun intended). Secondly that game you're referring to was swindled out of our grasp by a bull$*! umpiring decision at the death.And Telstra Dump is not our home ground anyway.
And you're damn right I wish the competition had remained the VFL. It was a better competition, the Tigers were a better side, and football was a greater spectacle without all the flooding,"press" and rugby crap we have to put up with now.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:57 AM »
It was still mostly the same players with the same coach in round 22 last year, we would never have played the game at the MCG so it would have been at Etihad, that's why it was sold so it was never going to be at our true home ground as you rightly point out.

Personally I would rather we didn't over achieve this year due to beating teams with key players out injured and the 19th man getting us over the line in many games. I want our kids to win on merit, talent and hard work first. We can worry about our supporters being the 19th man when we get to the finals, or dare I say it... the big one!

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »
We can worry about our supporters being the 19th man when we get to the finals, or dare I say it... the big one!

Except the crowd there will all be corporates.  :banghead
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »
We can worry about our supporters being the 19th man when we get to the finals, or dare I say it... the big one!

Except the crowd there will all be corporates.  :banghead

I'll be there and I'm not a Corporate  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)