Author Topic: What happens if?  (Read 3084 times)

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
What happens if?
« on: February 08, 2012, 06:17:45 PM »
What happens if we have a bad season?.........gee i hope not. but lets say we end up 12th  will stiffy be coach next year? will we look at mick? will lids stay?  it could happen ,but i hope not, very interesting year ahead. would love your thoughts on this subject

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: What happens if?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
Not sure, mate. 12th would be very poor. It's a tough draw early on and we'll see how good we are after about 10 games.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »
What happens if we have a bad season?.........gee i hope not. but lets say we end up 12th  will stiffy be coach next year? will we look at mick? will lids stay?  it could happen ,but i hope not, very interesting year ahead. would love your thoughts on this subject

12th means that we will have no choice but to look at Bringing in Malthouse. Deledio will sign for 3 years I reckon at some stage during the year.

gerkin greg

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:49:06 PM »
If we don't make the finals I'm going to shoot every Vietnamese person in Richmond. It's so obvious now.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »
Hardwick will get a contract extension not a doubt in  my mind. 

Lids will sign a contract extension

12th is a possibility but wont necessarily mean we've gone backwards. If 12th equated to 10 wins and no blow out losses then we've improved

As for Malthouse, he is going to the be the "Sheedy" to some supporters for the next 5 years?  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »
It would have to be a pretty devastating year for Dimma to get the arse. And by the sounds of the article in the other thread concerning Deledio and desiring clarity on free agency, sounds like he is keen to stick it out another couple seasons. Fair enough I think.

I'm going to do cart wheels if we make the eight and Bummers don't.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »

I'm going to do cart wheels if we make the eight and Bummers don't.

X2.

And I'll probably smoke a whole lotta celebratory crack too

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »
if we finish 12th( which I doubt )
Hardwick wont be coach.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »
isn't 12th better than 9th?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
we get tuned by 100pts against Carlton (again) in round one.

We're 0-5

we finish bottom 5?

I don't expect it to happen but it's possible. Certainly take nothing for granted when it comes to Richmond.

No way I'd be re-signing Dimma yet. No rush to do that at all.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 11:16:37 PM »
I doubt we'll finished 12th.

Port, GWS, GC, Brisbane will seriously struggle this year. Then you have Adelaide that has a ordinary list but may surprise under a new coach. I think North will struggle along with the Bombers, but Essendon have always been down hill skiers and have an easy draw first up.

I think we'll finish between 8th-10th.

If we struggle early with the draw, cop injuries to say Lids, Martin, Cotchin and Jack we can look at a 10th-14th finish, even which I doubt anything will happen. At worst for Hardwick he'll get another year, and it will be last chance. This isn't a last roll of a dice year for Hardwick.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 11:26:13 PM »

Port, GWS, GC, Brisbane will seriously struggle this year.

Need I remind you that two of those teams beat us last year?

At worst for Hardwick he'll get another year, and it will be last chance. This isn't a last roll of a dice year for Hardwick.

He won't get signed to just one year. There are benchmarks for all coaches and Hardwick is no different.
Coming out of contract, he needs the team to continue to improve.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »

we all say " thats  Richmond" go and have a few frothies to cool down and next preseason where all up n about again 

been there done that
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »

Port, GWS, GC, Brisbane will seriously struggle this year. Then you have Adelaide that has a ordinary list but may surprise under a new coach. I think North will struggle along with the Bombers, but Essendon have always been down hill skiers and have an easy draw first up.

I think we'll finish between 8th-10th.

If we struggle early with the draw, cop injuries to say Lids, Martin, Cotchin and Jack we can look at a 10th-14th finish, even which I doubt anything will happen. At worst for Hardwick he'll get another year, and it will be last chance. This isn't a last roll of a dice year for Hardwick.

I agree with all of this. But just personally I think that Adelaide and Norf are interesting cases. Adelaide have a serviceable list which won't take them to any heights but IMO can be competitive in the 8-10 bracket, and similar with Nought. Goldstein, Bastinac and Ziebell for example still have some upside, and Swallow and even Boomer are consistent. In no way do I reckon they'll ever become world beaters with that list, but I think if we miss out on the 8 (and get the famous 9thmond) by a game I think it will be to someone like Norfff or even Adelaide. Teams with serviceable lists and easy draws. If we have a crap start to the season, Nuff can get well and truly away from us. In their first 10 games before their bye, they should be able to knock off GWS, GC, Port, Brisbane (at Etihad) and they would have a good crack against Bummers and Bumdogs. After the bye in their 2nd half they have GC and GWS again, and they only have 3 games where you can cross them out, Eagles, Carlton and Collingwood. The rest is just crap like Demons, Saints, Adelaide and us where they only need to win a couple and they have a finals place in the bag.

Actually, the more I look at their draw, the more I think it is a total effing rot.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »
I think he'll get an extension, I think he probably should get an extension. The wheels will have to come off pretty badly for us to even contemplate ousting him. We are progressing, even the hardest of markers can observe that ( ::)) well you'd hope so anyway. if we have a stable season he'll get 2 years, If we have a really good season he'll get another 3, i hope he does.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.