Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 557894 times)

Rampstar

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #330 on: April 13, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
Daniel is 100% spot on. Essendon shouldnt even be allowed to be playing for points right now. They are an absolute disgrace to our sport and to the entire sporting community worldwide.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2013, 09:51:18 AM »
Daniel is 100% spot on. Essendon shouldnt even be allowed to be playing for points right now. They are an absolute disgrace to our sport and to the entire sporting community worldwide.

Why?

They haven't been found guilty of anything and whether we agree or not they are entitled to the presumption of innocence until their guilt is proven

Seriously what happens regarding points if they are proven innocent (unlikely IMV)? Do you give them back? Take othem off the teams that have played them and won? Seriosuly what do you do?

*****I've always said they are in massive trouble and will cop their right whack but until them the competition goes ahead as it always has. Would think it would be far more satisfying to folks if they collected all these points and come the 2nd last round of the year and they nestled nicely in the top 8 they have them stripped and they tumble to last... ;D ;D ;D*****
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
Agree WP. I do think that would be funnier. Can anyone remember what happened when Storm got stripped of points mid season? Did the teams about to play them get a guaranteed win? Did the teams who they already played get the points that were stripped from the Storm?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2013, 11:10:51 AM »
Agree WP. I do think that would be funnier. Can anyone remember what happened when Storm got stripped of points mid season? Did the teams about to play them get a guaranteed win? Did the teams who they already played get the points that were stripped from the Storm?

Nope, if the opposition team won they got the 4 points as normal but if they lost then no-one got the points.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »

Nope, if the opposition team won they got the 4 points as normal but if they lost then no-one got the points.
Ok thanks.

I loved this part of the article:

The Herald Sun has been told Dank began seeking cheaper alternative supplement suppliers in May, complaining that his department owed $20,000 to a South Yarra pharmacist.

Blew the budget in May and then the team went of the rails in June.  :lol Can't afford to cheap out on your PEDs.  ;D :shh

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
Ok, as much as all you blokes wants to see carnage at essendon,
How the stuff does chanell 9 get hold of private text messages?

Either it is made up or chanel 9 has hacked into hird's or dank's phone, which itself would be a much larger issue.

who cares just get yourself some popcorn and watch the show  ;D

here here

reminds me of the last episode of Seinfeld. Newman scoffing the popcorn down as he watches the demise of his nemeses

well this is the EFC and they deserve everything that's coming to them.

so the end justifies the means?
if this info came about from a similar scenario what happened in Britain, where the media media illegally tapping into people phones, it would be OK because it is Essendon?

What if Dank leaked them  :shh His career is down the toilet might aswell drag the people stabbing you in the back with you.

If I'm not mistaken they admitted to using IV drips yeah? From my understanding, that's a breach of the anti-doping code in itself

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: April 13, 2013, 01:44:17 PM »

Either it is made up or chanel 9 has hacked into hird's or dank's phone, which itself would be a much larger issue.

here here

reminds me of the last episode of Seinfeld. Newman scoffing the popcorn down as he watches the demise of his nemeses

if this info came about from a similar scenario what happened in Britain, where the media media illegally tapping into people phones, it would be OK because it is Essendon?

What if Dank leaked them  :shh His career is down the toilet might aswell drag the people stabbing you in the back with you.

If I'm not mistaken they admitted to using IV drips yeah? From my understanding, that's a breach of the anti-doping code in itself

It is now banned but at that time was not and within the rules

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: April 13, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »
i never said i was sure, how can any literate person draw that conclusion from this conversation?  i said how does channel 9 get hold of a personal text message?

I really can only think of one way they could get hold of it that has any real credence - Illegally. either that are they are making it up or are using an unreliable and unsubstantiated source.

as i said, you seem to to think that the end justifies the means, because you dont care how they got hold of the text or even if it is true, just that it contributes to the misery befalling essendon.

IF, and i repeat IF, once again for the slow witted IF, the media are tapping into phones, then there is an issue even greater than the a few overpaid sportmen taking peptides.

Just out of curiosity, Daniel, how do you think Chanell 9 may have come by these supposed personal texts between Hird and Dank?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: April 13, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »
i never said i was sure, how can any literate person draw that conclusion from this conversation?  i said how does channel 9 get hold of a personal text message?

I really can only think of one way they could get hold of it that has any real credence - Illegally. either that are they are making it up or are using an unreliable and unsubstantiated source.

as i said, you seem to to think that the end justifies the means, because you dont care how they got hold of the text or even if it is true, just that it contributes to the misery befalling essendon.

IF, and i repeat IF, once again for the slow witted IF, the media are tapping into phones, then there is an issue even greater than the a few overpaid sportmen taking peptides.

Just out of curiosity, Daniel, how do you think Chanell 9 may have come by these supposed personal texts between Hird and Dank?

Perhaps by Dank himself? Which is why it's unsubstantiated as has been reported.

It may have been leaked by the police for all we know after all they are within their right to do so if they suspect wrong doing.

It does seem odd how fairfax seem to hold all the aces and the HUN are clueless as per usual.

I care little where the information comes from if its proven criminal activity has taken place.

In fact if phones were tapped and EFC are found guilty then IMO they should be applauded for their efforts in destroying the EFC

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »

so back to my original statement you do think the end justifies the means.

says a lot , really

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: April 13, 2013, 04:52:55 PM »

so back to my original statement you do think the end justifies the means.

says a lot , really

Yes only if criminal activity is found to be present.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
 :lol
criminal activity justified to expose criminal activity.

as i said, it says a lot......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »

here here

It is now banned but at that time was not and within the rules

Does WADA have any sort of "control" over ASADA? Because I was taught it was only acceptable in medical emergencies but maybe it was the other one?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2013, 11:31:19 AM »

Whats with the insults dude?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »
who'd i insult?