Author Topic: Holding the ball  (Read 1196 times)

tony_montana

Holding the ball
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:29:37 PM »
We are officially the dumbest team when it comes to the holding the ball decision. Nearly every side in the comp has mastered the art of not releasing the ball but also not dragging it in and on the flipside allowing our players to drag it in and then pinning it in there. On the contrary our players, the dumbarses, continue to dive on it, drag it in and get nailed every single week. On the flip side when the opposing side drags it in we  fight and try and steal it back creating spillage instead of pinning it in there!!!  :lol FFS  :banghead :banghead :banghead

We seriously need to learn to make the rules work for us. Sick of us being a dumb footy side. Send them back to school dimma

Ox

Re: Holding the ball
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »
Nahas was robbed.Ball was dragged under him by a melb limpgot.

That'll happen when
1- u have the body of a small child
2-The umpire is a molester
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:04:41 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:38:58 AM »
We are officially the dumbest team when it comes to the holding the ball decision. Nearly every side in the comp has mastered the art of not releasing the ball but also not dragging it in and on the flipside allowing our players to drag it in and then pinning it in there. On the contrary our players, the dumbbehinds, continue to dive on it, drag it in and get nailed every single week. On the flip side when the opposing side drags it in we  fight and try and steal it back creating spillage instead of pinning it in there!!!  :lol FFS  :banghead :banghead :banghead

We seriously need to learn to make the rules work for us. Sick of us being a dumb footy side. Send them back to school dimma
Just when you think you understand the holding the ball rule you get yesterday's umpiring display. How about the Melbourne player being run down after running 30m and the ump. calling play on  ???.

There's one stupid rule that should have never been brought in this year or at all and that is the new advantage rule. There are too many times where the ball gets to the next player in the chain by the time the ump gets his whistle to his mouth and plays on instinctively under pressure only for the ump to call "advantage" and the ball is turned over. How is the second player meant to know whether the ump will pay a free or not?!  ???. Well done dopey Adrian Anderson on bringing in a rule untested  :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:53:28 PM »
An absolute joke tonight.

No doubt Geisch will come up with some idiotic excuse to defend the ump calling play on when Harvey ran 30m through the centre and then was tackled dropping the ball  ::). In fact it seemed North players were immuned from free kicks for illegal disposal all night  ::). I guess we should've known we were in for a rough night from the red amigos when early in the first quarter Dusty almost had his head ripped off and yet was pinged  ??? which lead to a North goal  :scream.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 10:57:50 PM »

No doubt Geisch will come up with some idiotic excuse to defend the ump calling play on when Harvey ran 30m through the centre and then was tackled dropping the ball  ::). In fact it seemed North players were immuned from free kicks for illegal disposal all night  ::). I guess we should've known we were in for a rough night from the red amigos when early in the first quarter Dusty almost had his head ripped off and yet was pinged  ??? which lead to a North goal  :scream.

Yep on 2 maybe 3 specific occasions a North player had prior oppurtunity and was tackled and the ball was eitehr knocked out of the hands of the North player or the North player spilled the ball from his hands and it was called play on.

Blight on our game that a player dives desperatly on the ball to gain possession and a game of stacks on wins a free kick yet a player that runs down an opponent and the balls spills free is play on.
Go Tigers!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »
i have been saying this all yr

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »
yet a player that runs down an opponent and the balls spills free is play on.
Yep so much for rewarding the tackler  :banghead. Tonight was just simply disgraceful umpiring.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 06:54:13 AM »
imo 2 things cost us the match, nort's 19th man "umpire"and jackos brain fade
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 06:58:13 AM »
imo 2 things cost us the match, nort's 19th man "umpire"and jackos brain fade

What costs you the game are the things you can control

We can't control how the umpires; umpire

But we have control over moronic ill-discipline acts... I know which one had a bigger bearing on the result and it wasn't the umpires
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »

Just another typical display by the umpires.

That Martin decision defied belief.

I just don't know how the umpire thought on that decision.

That was a 12 point play by the umps because it should've been Martin's free then North rebounded from that free with a goal at the other end.

Who was number 23 for the umps?

Continually gave North frees.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 07:40:50 AM »
They were gifted quite a few early goals via decisions early on, 2 via not paying tackles, one was magnificently executed, Harvey dropped the ball and the umpire let it go and they scored from the spillage.  This does change things so I disagree.  Dusty cops one across the chops and tries to fend off the arm and it also goes high the umpire actually pays a free against him.  The mind boggles.  Tuck gets a handball away and gets done for a throw.  It was stuffing endless all day !  The umpires are very canny about how they applied their shifty bs too, they do it all in the early part of the game and then ease up for the latter part.  NM would not of been in the game if it were not for those pricks imho.  Once again it was paying every 50/50 free their way and only the glaringly obvious sackable ones to us.  This must cause frustration during the game for our players.  It has been a theme in our games all year, I do not know why.  The facts are there to see.  They were very good on the rebound and punished us for not capitalising as well, but noone can tell me, with the score so close that the umpire bias did not affect the outcome.  It has become a blight on our club this year.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 07:54:42 AM »
I generally agree with you WP, and especially in a case where umpiring is concerned I would suggest that its tough luck, however on this occasion the umpiring was especially disgusting and I cant but help feel let down by the decisions made yesterday affected the game in many ways particularly the scoreboard from frees leading to goals.

Yes It was Jackson who cost us a goal due to stupidity and then another to redeem himself. But these actions were the icing on the cake.

Owls points are valid, Im too stupid to remember those specific points  ;D

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »
Yep! It was just a procession all night long of biased, inexplicable, incorrect decisions that just went against us time and time again. I don't know how clearly it came out on television, but the utter FURY emanating from the grandstands for much of the night was deafening.
I don't know why the umpires hate our club so much. Is it the Geischen factor? Is it betting? I don't know. But, as Owl so correctly says, it has been a constant factor in our matches this season in particular. And I know we're not imagining it. The stats confirm that across the whole competition, Richmond has been the most badly treated team in terms of the ratio between frees for and against.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 08:43:30 AM »
I feel like a whinger, and it is usually bad form to blame the umps, I just have never seen such a lopsided season when it comes to interpretations.  The only explanation I can think of is that perhaps they think they are doing us a favor because we are too proud to tank...lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 08:55:18 AM »
I think all the umpires over the weekend didn't give a poo.

Starting Friday night with the bad centre bounces which in the end they just let go and kept favouring Geelong and ending yesterday by screwing us over again.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do