Author Topic: Knights out for season, Tuck for 8 weeks Mr Tigra has meltdown  (Read 2411 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
From this mornings Hun.....

RICHMOND has suffered a double injury blow with Chris Knights and Shane Tuck ruled out long term and Trent Cotchin no certainty to return next week.

RECOMMENDED COVERAGE
Bad to worse for Dees
SuperCoach studs and duds
Round 7 halftime report

Knights will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing knee surgery today to fix a patella tendon injury, while Tuck has been ruled out for 6-8 weeks with a fractured scapula.

LIVE HQ: SUPERCOACH SCORES, STATS AND MORE

Knights bizarrely injured his right knee in yesterday's win against Port Adelaide. After booting a goal the former Crow slipped and landed awkwardly before being stretchered from the field.

“It’s really disappointing for Chris," Tigers football manager Dan Richardson said.

"He’s been a great addition to the team since arriving at the club late last year, and he’ll be missed on the field."

Tuck, 31, will also require surgery. The tough midfielder broke down in the third quarter but played bravely played out the win.

Richardson said the Tigers expect him to return and have a big impact in the second half of the year.

Richmond is set to welcome back Ty Vickery for next week's clash with embattled Melbourne, but Cotchin, Dylan Grimes and Ricky Petterd must prove their fitness this week.

Cotchin missed the win against Port Adelaide with a knee complaint.

Richmond had enjoyed a golden run with injury until last week, with only Reece Conca (foot) absent from its best side.

Knights enjoyed a breakout match against Fremantle three weeks ago. The rejuvenated half-forward enteried the Port Adelaide clash averaging 19 disposals and had booted five goals

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-has-lost-chris-knights-and-shane-tuck-to-injury/story-e6frf9mx-1226640654619
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:05:25 AM by WilliamPowell »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Knights out for season, Tuck for 8 weeks Mr Tigra has meltdown
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
If accurate very bad news. A real shame. Hope Knights comes back well and Tucky comes came firing in second half of season

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
Tucks injury makes the match committee's decision to keep on playing him look VERY bad!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 08:01:06 AM »
Tucks injury makes the match committee's decision to keep on playing him look VERY bad!

Only if it made the injury worse.  If they knew what it was and knew it couldn't be injured further then it's not really an issue but only the medical staff would know the true answer.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
If we miss the finals it'll be because of this

We have no luck  :banghead
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 03:23:37 PM »

Only if it made the injury worse.  If they knew what it was and knew it couldn't be injured further then it's not really an issue but only the medical staff would know the true answer.
Don't know of many fractures that get better by someone bumping into the area in question.  The guy was clearly in pain.  It's not like we had no one left on the bench.
Poor decision.  I wonder if Tucky agreed.  If he didn't want to go back on, that would be bad....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 04:14:04 PM »

Don't know of many fractures that get better by someone bumping into the area in question.  The guy was clearly in pain.  It's not like we had no one left on the bench.
Poor decision.  I wonder if Tucky agreed.  If he didn't want to go back on, that would be bad....

Yeah, agree with you.  Now that its been confirmed as a fracture then there can be no reasonable excuse for sending him back on - in my layman's opinion.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
OER Medics
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
RFC Medics

Ruanaidh

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 04:49:49 PM »
lonergan to be promoted.....or on his form maybe Darrou?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »
Lets face it Knights was a good decision and slotted in nicely.

I think he was just starting to warm up and really find his groove in the team. We must remember he's had a horrible run with injuries the last couple of seasons so it was always going to take some time.
As the season progressed and his confidence grew and the teams faith in him grew, I personally thought he would been an excellent addition to our team especially if he could find more time in the midfield rotations.
I was always confident as a centre forward he was always going to be a handy player for us.
Unfortunately for him, the club and us, he has been injured again this time by just plain bad luck.

I was gutted on saturday when I seen it happen and I'm more gutted now that he's out for the season.
Lets hope he can come back for us next year bigger and better.  :pray

P. S. sending Tuck into the field again is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time.  :banghead

... And I'm not having a meltdown.  Just sad.  :'(
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
The irony is that it may give edwards a chance.
will you be wanting him to succeed or fail, Mr T?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 10:20:01 PM »
Lets face it Knights was a good decision and slotted in nicely.

I think he was just starting to warm up and really find his groove in the team. We must remember he's had a horrible run with injuries the last couple of seasons so it was always going to take some time.
As the season progressed and his confidence grew and the teams faith in him grew, I personally thought he would been an excellent addition to our team especially if he could find more time in the midfield rotations.
I was always confident as a centre forward he was always going to be a handy player for us.
Unfortunately for him, the club and us, he has been injured again this time by just plain bad luck.

I was gutted on saturday when I seen it happen and I'm more gutted now that he's out for the season.
Lets hope he can come back for us next year bigger and better.  :pray

P. S. sending Tuck into the field again is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time.  :banghead

... And I'm not having a meltdown.  Just sad.  :'(

Have a sugar hit Mr Tigs I am sure all will be well again soon.
A pack of tim tams should do the trick. :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
The irony is that it may give edwards a chance.
will you be wanting him to succeed or fail, Mr T?
C'mon Al, anything for the Tigers to succeed.  :thumbsup

I'm not a fan of him personally which I have spoke about ad nauseam.

I still however believe he shouldn't be selected unless;
A) we are still in finals contention
B) we have exhausted all other forwards options.

If we aren't in finals contention then there's no point. Just play the youngsters anyway.

I personally think he's purely a back up if Riewoldt goes down with injury and we are still a chance.
The club that keeps giving.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »
i have had 3 of these ops

2 on my left knee 1 on my right

very hard to get back to ur best , i hope modern procedures are better

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens