Author Topic: Tigers & rival clubs eye Ivan Maric for dual player/coach role (afl site)  (Read 2764 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
be good to keep Ivan in a Coaching role, could be great for developing Ivan jr.

Coz what he bought to the floor when it counted ( to the finals 3 years in a row) was leadership personified.....
And he sweeps out the clubrooms.

So he should. Unpaid for the next 5 years
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Coz what he bought to the floor when it counted ( to the finals 3 years in a row) was leadership personified.....

In his defence, I remember him turning it on late in 2013 and almost lifted us but unfortunately no one else followed.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Where we are as a list there is absolutely no reason to keep Maric as a back up.
The one thing Dimma has got right this year is identifying that Maric's body is past the rigours of AFL footy. Hence playing Hampson.
With where we are as a club, every player needs to be AFL standard or have the potential to be. There is no room for "back ups". And no need as a bottom 8 side.
No room for back ups yet we've played our back up ruck man nearly every game this year!
Using Grundy as an example of getting and then playing a young ruck is quite misleading, that just doesn't happen very often at all.
Grundy was 100kg as an 18yo  and was a stand out ruck in U18's, his type does not pop up every year.
Taking 18yo rucks in the draft is high risk as it is but then playing them at the highest level without a developed frame would be crazy.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Grundy was 100kg as an 18yo  and was a stand out ruck in U18's, his type does not pop up every year.

And yet we could have had him

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Indeed,not many times you'd go a ruck with an early pick in the draft but that was one of them.
Couldn't believe he was still there at pick 18, I thought for sure GWS would've grabbed him with one of their freebie 1st rounders.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Indeed,not many times you'd go a ruck with an early pick in the draft but that was one of them.
Couldn't believe he was still there at pick 18, I thought for sure GWS would've grabbed him with one of their freebie 1st rounders.

Yeah, touted as a top 5-10 pick wasn't he? I thought we would have nabbed him at pick 9 but I'm guessing FJ had Vlas locked even if Whitfield made his way to pick 9

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland

yer let's blame Maric for those losses..... granted he wasn't great in them but was the least of our issue's....

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

yer let's blame Maric for those losses..... granted he wasn't great in them but was the least of our issue's....

Yeah the players had nothing to do with it. 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
On popular ruckman Ivan Maric, who is out of contract and playing in the VFL, Hardwick said the club would discuss his future at the end of the season.

AFL.com.au understands the Tigers are one of a number of clubs in informal discussions with the 30-year-old's management about a dual playing and coaching role for 2017. 

"We'll sit down and have the chat with Ivan. He's an incredible person and an incredible character around our footy club and we'd love to see that continue in some way," Hardwick said.

"We'll sit down at the end of the year and have the discussion about Ivan. He was very close to playing this week, he had a terrific game in the VFL."

Source: AFL website

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
On popular ruckman Ivan Maric, who is out of contract and playing in the VFL, Hardwick said the club would discuss his future at the end of the season.

AFL.com.au understands the Tigers are one of a number of clubs in informal discussions with the 30-year-old's management about a dual playing and coaching role for 2017. 

"We'll sit down and have the chat with Ivan. He's an incredible person and an incredible character around our footy club and we'd love to see that continue in some way," Hardwick said.

"We'll sit down at the end of the year and have the discussion about Ivan. He was very close to playing this week, he had a terrific game in the VFL."

Source: AFL website
But because Megan rang me and asked me to select Hammer , how could I say no?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.