Author Topic: Trade week expectations?  (Read 11150 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Trade week expectations?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 08:07:39 PM »
Dean Polo debut in Round 8 ?
Finished ahead of Tuck in B & F.
Would think that Tuck would be pretty worried about things at the moment

The list narrows

Coughlan
Tuck
Newman
Hyde
Foley
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 08:17:38 PM »
If you think the uproar about A. Kellaway was good. Wait till trade week ! :lol

Hey Jack, so who is the player that's going to replace this latest uproar in trade week?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 08:55:15 PM »
I think you can dismiss the following players.  Richo, Cogs, Johnson, J Bowden, Deledio, Simmonds, Raines and Polo.  (Gasper is also contracted)

Just my opinion.

Who does that leave in the top 10?

Wouldnt be to sure about that! Cogs ??????

I hate this time of year and haven’t really been following things lately, but what does this mean and where has all this come from?  They trade Cogs then they can kiss my membership goodbye.  They can take their club and their game and go sell it to someone else.

We get sold this line about how supporters want to see players start their careers and see them play 200 games, and so on and then, before they get that opportunity, they’re discarded.  A la AK.

Then we get spun this other line about how we’re missing players in the 21-25 age bracket and then they turn around and want to trade them away.

Well, they can take their spin and go find someone else to bluff with it.

Some people just want success, however it comes along.  To me it actually means something if we get to see player’s careers and follow the highs and lows with them.

If they can find it with in themselves to treat players like AK and Cogs like that then what sort of footy club is it anyway?

One with no heart or soul, it seems like to me.  Which doesn’t leave much.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 09:05:52 PM »
Dean Polo debut in Round 8 ?
Finished ahead of Tuck in B & F.
Would think that Tuck would be pretty worried about things at the moment

Fair point. Although he did lead the club in tackles and clearances this year.
We are already 14th in the league in tackles. If you offload Tucky you have to work out; where are you going to get an extra 72 tackles just to maintain this years form.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Jackstar

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 09:15:59 PM »
Now 72 divided by 22 players = 3.272 extra tackles per player, lol

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 09:25:05 PM »
3.272, if you divide that by 22 games, it's only 0.148 of a tackle per game for each player!

Tucky has to go!!!! :-[

Richo might have a hard time covering his share though. With only 0.72 tackles per game, he would have to lift his workrate about 20% just to cover for Tucky.....
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2006, 09:28:15 PM »
Besides Everiit and Polak don't think there will be much action

Jackstar

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2006, 09:29:13 PM »
Funny you mention Richo, his favorite band, you guessed it , is Dallas Crane

Jackstar

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »

I reckon there will be plenty of action. All clubs have players this year they want to get rid of.  I reckon, Geelong, Bombers and Brisbane will move a few

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 12:21:59 AM »
I think you can dismiss the following players.  Richo, Cogs, Johnson, J Bowden, Deledio, Simmonds, Raines and Polo.  (Gasper is also contracted)

Just my opinion.

Who does that leave in the top 10?

Wouldnt be to sure about that! Cogs ??????

I hate this time of year and haven’t really been following things lately, but what does this mean and where has all this come from? 

TS, the talk has come from rumours a fan favourite will be traded who still has excellent trade value but that the coaching staff believes won't improve further from what we see now. Our youngsters and more senior players won't be traded so that leaves someone from our mid-age bracket. Now it might not be Cogs as he was coming 2nd in our B&F halfway through this year and Wallace has said recently he hasn't spoken to Mark about a trade. However with Cogs managing that groin instability problem and coming off a torn ACL we can't discount him either. In fact only a handful of Tigers can be classed as safe after a record of 2 wins 9 losses and four 15-20 goal floggings against the top sides. If the club say believes injury has now ruined Cogs career or at least to the point where he won't be able to reach the level he could have free of major injury then I guess we have to trust that call. Now I'm not saying that's the case (I wouldn't have a clue) but just throwing out a scenario where a beloved loyal Tiger like Cogs might be let go to our surprise. What I have heard is one or two Tigers (no names and not Cogs btw) were incapable of following specific instructions from the coaching staff. If that's true then Wallace might very well offload them even if they are popular with fans. 

I totally agree TS this time of year if nothing more than a meat market where footballers are treated as just commodities but sadly that's the way the comp works and the players especially those who have been in the system for a few years would be familiar with it. Legally there has to be ways a player can change clubs. With so many possible scenarios over 16 clubs, no-one will know exactly what will happen until 2pm Friday week. Based on history though trade week is dull as with few trades and the 99% of whispers prior to the deadline are just plain crap. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 12:30:20 AM »
Send Tuck to Brisbane with a 2nd or third rnd draft pick.
Get Bradshaw to Richmond. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2006, 12:48:59 AM »

I reckon there will be plenty of action. All clubs have players this year they want to get rid of.  I reckon, Geelong, Bombers and Brisbane will move a few

There seems to be more players than usual up for grabs this year but the quality is pretty thin and gaining picks will be difficult unless a club or two are dumb (hint hint Roos and Saints :pray). More sellers than buyers  :-\.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »

TS, the talk has come from rumours a fan favourite will be traded who still has excellent trade value but that the coaching staff believes won't improve further from what we see now. Our youngsters and more senior players won't be traded so that leaves someone from our mid-age bracket. Now it might not be Cogs as he was coming 2nd in our B&F halfway through this year and Wallace has said recently he hasn't spoken to Mark about a trade. However with Cogs managing that groin instability problem and coming off a torn ACL we can't discount him either. In fact only a handful of Tigers can be classed as safe after a record of 2 wins 9 losses and four 15-20 goal floggings against the top sides. If the club say believes injury has now ruined Cogs career or at least to the point where he won't be able to reach the level he could have free of major injury then I guess we have to trust that call. Now I'm not saying that's the case (I wouldn't have a clue) but just throwing out a scenario where a beloved loyal Tiger like Cogs might be let go to our surprise. What I have heard is one or two Tigers (no names and not Cogs btw) were incapable of following specific instructions from the coaching staff. If that's true then Wallace might very well offload them even if they are popular with fans. 

I totally agree TS this time of year if nothing more than a meat market where footballers are treated as just commodities but sadly that's the way the comp works and the players especially those who have been in the system for a few years would be familiar with it. Legally there has to be ways a player can change clubs. With so many possible scenarios over 16 clubs, no-one will know exactly what will happen until 2pm Friday week. Based on history though trade week is dull as with few trades and the 99% of whispers prior to the deadline are just plain crap. 

:clapping

Excellent post MT

The other thing to bear in mind when considering players from other clubs is how many of us rated Ted Richards last year and now he has gone out and played well in a Grand Final

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2006, 04:17:45 PM »
What I have heard is one or two Tigers (no names and not Cogs btw) were incapable of following specific instructions from the coaching staff. If that's true then Wallace might very well offload them even if they are popular with fans. 

My guess is that would be Hartigan & Tuck.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2006, 04:20:01 PM »
The other thing to bear in mind when considering players from other clubs is how many of us rated Ted Richards last year and now he has gone out and played well in a Grand Final

It helps when a player changes clubs to one where he isn't expected to become one of their top 6 players and is played in position. At the bombers they expected him to hold down a key forward position. He goes to the Swans and he drops down the pecking order and plays well in a Granny as a roaming tall off HB.