Author Topic: Griffiths off to hospital  (Read 4461 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Griffiths off to hospital
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
Butcher is still killing them down at Alberton Oval. Can't believe we passed him up in favour of Griff.

gerkin greg

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2012, 08:21:55 PM »
The Future  :bow

FFS

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2012, 12:49:52 AM »
Is he capable of playing four quarters?  It's beyond bad luck to be injured as many times as he has.  Ran into his teammates back.  He is uncoordinated.  Would be nice to get that pick 19 back.....

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2012, 04:41:11 AM »
Belongs in the forward line next to Jack not this crap in defence.That's were he played as a junior.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »
I think Griff is almost our most important youngster. He is very young as a KPP so it expecting a lot of him to be dominating games now. He is 200cm and arguably our best kick. He is quick for his size and is very good when the ball is on the ground for a man of his size.

He needs 2 to 3 more years of body development and he'll be unstoppable. The only thing stopping this from happening is injury. He is more prone than most. This hardly is a reason not persist with him.

Putting it another way, if our team was flying without him, nobody would be saying boo about the situation, and he would be quietly left alone to develop. It's only our impatience with the club overall that is generating any discussion on this topic!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2012, 07:32:06 AM »
Its a joke what the anonymity of these faceless forums bring to discussions. People just love to bag players out with the knowledge that there will be no repercussions to their nasty statements. We all know they would never say these type of comments to the player themselves.  :damnpc

We have no real way to say for certain how players will develop early in their careers but it is obvious that Griffiths has plenty of upside. Griffiths crashes the packs and tackles so I don't understand where this soft tag comes from. Griffiths is a great mark, amazing kick and is ruckman height. He just needs size and experience which he is gaining.

I have every confidence that Griffiths will embarrass a few people on here in the future  :yep  :gotigers

His a real quality player aint he. Crashes Packs, Bangs them long bombs to the opposition. Breaks his body with his football brain & funny enough his been doing this all his life  ;D Think he would learn after a bit of pain. His body will be a wreck in a few more seasons.  ;D
Lets get real.  The real value this player give to the team & club is a big fat zero (0)
He crashes a pack & the other team gets a goal & he misses games the following weeks when we need him.
OH yeah his real value packed that footballer.

Totally agree.
Yet another player the ""tiger faithfull" have fallen in love with.
His expectations are much greater than his ability

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:33 AM »
Griffiths crashes packs like a big forward.
Griffiths like to jump up to spoil or mark like a big forward.
Griffiths can roost it from outside 50 with ease like a big forward.
Griffiths is quick off the mark and can lead like a big forward.

So what do you think the coaches are developing him to be..... :huh3

I don't think the "Tiger Faithful" have 'fallen in love' with Griff but more-so have high hopes for him. Griffiths have shown enough promise in my eyes to potentially become a very good CHF for the side. Like all tall timber though he needs to gain size and experience and be allowed to make mistakes along the way. Griff will become less injury prone as he strengthens his body.

As is typical of big key position players who were used to physically dominating as juniors, the first few years is difficult to acclimatise. When he briefly played forward in his first two years, he was pushed out of position during marking contests by bigger defenders much the same as Vickery, Hawkins and now Elton have early. Once he can compete physically, and can no longer be pushed out of position so easily, he will then be able to use his height to take the big grab.

This is also another reason he is playing on the more mobile tall forwards as a defender because -
1) learn their running patterns and what he finds difficult to defend against
2) he can use his height and speed to spoil from behind rather than get into wrestling duels closer to goal
and
3) he can use his great hoof to break open opposition zones from kick outs.

Whether he goes forward or remains back when depend on our needs as a side but I find always find it difficult to question a players value at such an early age. The fact that he is getting games states that the coaches rate him and believe his his potential. I think we should afford him the same luxury.  :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »
Its a joke what the anonymity of these faceless forums bring to discussions. People just love to bag players out with the knowledge that there will be no repercussions to their nasty statements. We all know they would never say these type of comments to the player themselves.  :damnpc

:cheers So true. That's my beef with the internet in general though.

Agree with the rest of what you wrote too. In fact I agree with probably 99% of what you post Stripes  :thumbsup

Thanks dwaino!  :cheers

Tigermonk

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2012, 09:56:08 AM »
Butcher is still killing them down at Alberton Oval. Can't believe we passed him up in favour of Griff.

whats Butcher got to do with this. His done far more than Griffiths has & made a name for himself already haha you imbecile

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »
Is he capable of playing four quarters?  It's beyond bad luck to be injured as many times as he has.  Ran into his teammates back.  He is uncoordinated.  Would be nice to get that pick 19 back.....

If he was playing for a top four side he would bit have been expected to debut yet.

Tigermonk

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2012, 10:00:39 AM »
Griffiths crashes packs like a big forward.
Griffiths like to jump up to spoil or mark like a big forward.
Griffiths can roost it from outside 50 with ease like a big forward.
Griffiths is quick off the mark and can lead like a big forward.

So what do you think the coaches are developing him to be..... :huh3

I don't think the "Tiger Faithful" have 'fallen in love' with Griff but more-so have high hopes for him. Griffiths have shown enough promise in my eyes to potentially become a very good CHF for the side. Like all tall timber though he needs to gain size and experience and be allowed to make mistakes along the way. Griff will become less injury prone as he strengthens his body.

As is typical of big key position players who were used to physically dominating as juniors, the first few years is difficult to acclimatise. When he briefly played forward in his first two years, he was pushed out of position during marking contests by bigger defenders much the same as Vickery, Hawkins and now Elton have early. Once he can compete physically, and can no longer be pushed out of position so easily, he will then be able to use his height to take the big grab.

This is also another reason he is playing on the more mobile tall forwards as a defender because -
1) learn their running patterns and what he finds difficult to defend against
2) he can use his height and speed to spoil from behind rather than get into wrestling duels closer to goal
and
3) he can use his great hoof to break open opposition zones from kick outs.

Whether he goes forward or remains back when depend on our needs as a side but I find always find it difficult to question a players value at such an early age. The fact that he is getting games states that the coaches rate him and believe his his potential. I think we should afford him the same luxury.  :thumbsup

His body cannot handle the AFL. He will be a quadraplegic if he keeps going. His not mentally smart enough. want me to draw you a picture.  ;D

Anyway l'm not putting into anymore Griffith threads. Think l have said enough & 2 years down the track his still in hospital & played a handful of games. l rest my case. If he comes good by all means send me a postcard that his doing so.

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
Was not McGuane a forward turned backman, now forward.

All he learned was to run around like a headless chooken giving away frees and missing easy goals

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
The 20 year old 200cm has not made.it yet and you rest your case.

Good job ally mcbeal

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »

whats Butcher got to do with this. His done far more than Griffiths has & made a name for himself already haha you imbecile
That's debatable.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
Not really. Butcher did more with 6 kicks last year than a lot of our players have done in their careers