Author Topic: NAB Challenge 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne [merged]  (Read 13707 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official NAB Challenge Squad vs Melbourne
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »
Nothing wrong with the old scotch finger

Was partial to a Two-in-One myself.

A spit roast?

:o

tony_montana

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 11:01:19 AM »
 :shh

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
Good lord....

Quote from: demonland idiot
It is a poor article (Frawley good fit for Richmond) because there is no evidence that Richmond is any closer to a flag now - than they were 10 years ago.

Richmond are built on hype, but they lack leadership, this is evident. MFC have far more leadership than Richmond, far more.  :lol

The only thing is, our leadership sits in the stands. Dawes and Clark are leaders, once they get on the field, combined with Grimes, Jones, the recent addition of Cross, Vince and the uprising of Viney and Toumpas, there is no logical being that would leave MFC - in order to play at Richmond.  :lol

We might be perceived in the media to be no-hopers at present, but with a fully fit list, we will actually stand for something, especially under Roos.

On Richmond, the only leader they have desperately wanted out - in Martin, he should've followed his instincts as well.  :lol

Richmond are the most overrated club in recent times, they are gunners.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »
Maybe claw is on to something

Demons pieces commibg together

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 11:39:25 AM »
Yeah in 2004 I thought we were closer to a flag than this year
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »
LMAO
Martin a leader, let alone the only one?

Do they hand out glue sticks to sniff as the member enter the MCC these days?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »
inbreeding leads to brain defects, not just massive overbites. stay vigilant! no top and tailing!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2014, 12:25:21 PM »
Good lord....

It is a poor article (Frawley good fit for Richmond) because there is no evidence that Richmond is any closer to a flag now - than they were 10 years ago.

Richmond are built on hype, but they lack leadership, this is evident. MFC have far more leadership than Richmond, far more.  :lol

The only thing is, our leadership sits in the stands. Dawes and Clark are leaders, once they get on the field, combined with Grimes, Jones, the recent addition of Cross, Vince and the uprising of Viney and Toumpas, there is no logical being that would leave MFC - in order to play at Richmond.  :lol

We might be perceived in the media to be no-hopers at present, but with a fully fit list, we will actually stand for something, especially under Roos.

On Richmond, the only leader they have desperately wanted out - in Martin, he should've followed his instincts as well.  :lol

Looking at that thread on demonland they think they're gonna win tonight

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »
Good lord....

Looking at that thread on demonland they think they're gonna win tonight

With Riewoldt and Maric out, they think they're shoo-ins  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »
The Dees are going to take tonight seriously. They want to earn "respect". Remember when we use to say these things but then still get flogged ;D.

----------------------------------

MELBOURNE co-captain Nathan Jones says his club will be on "display" when it takes on Richmond in Friday night's NAB Challenge clash at Etihad Stadium.

"It really just presents an opportunity for us to see where we're at," Jones said.

"We're not going to be holding anything back, we're going to play our best available side and have a real red-hot go.

"We've mentioned as a team, and as captain, we're really hell bent on earning back the respect of the other teams in the competition."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-14/dees-on-display-jones

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
As long as we don't get any injuries and the new recruits have an opportunity to shine, I'm happy for them to win and earn 'respect'.....until we play them again in the season proper and smash them to pieces.  :cheers

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »
The Dees are going to take tonight seriously. They want to earn "respect". Remember when we use to say these things but then still get flogged ;D.

----------------------------------

MELBOURNE co-captain Nathan Jones says his club will be on "display" when it takes on Richmond in Friday night's NAB Challenge clash at Etihad Stadium.

"It really just presents an opportunity for us to see where we're at," Jones said.

"We're not going to be holding anything back, we're going to play our best available side and have a real red-hot go.

"We've mentioned as a team, and as captain, we're really hell bent on earning back the respect of the other teams in the competition."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-14/dees-on-display-jones

Good player is Jones.  If the Dees had a dozen more players that care as much as him, they would have won a lot more matches over the past few years.  Should have been named captain long ago.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2014, 04:54:13 PM »
As long as we don't get any injuries and the new recruits have an opportunity to shine, I'm happy for them to win and earn 'respect'.....until we play them again in the season proper and smash them to pieces.  :cheers

No thanks I want the win

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »
:thumbsup

Yep, the main thing tonight is to get through with no injuries [touchwood]  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
So there's a few guys here who are happy to lose to Melbourne tonight? Melbourne ? The rabble ? You guys are too much.

32 years of failure has really taken its toll