Author Topic: Coburg vs Williamstown  (Read 12274 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Coburg vs Williamstown
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
i dare say you are one of those tiger supporters with no teeth and aged about 50 with a comment like that.

you just keep picking up your centrelink cheque while i get my $1000 a week from mum and dad

:clapping

Hey I never posted in this tread about your childish posts so why bring me into it. And I dont get centerlink benifits either.

Come on guys lets talk about the guys that played and how they went. I am interested on opions about them not about other posters.

Sounds like we have a good one in Rance  :)
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »
another one of your cheap quotes infancy.
I was on your side, not so much now

sorry infamy  :thumbsup

yeah rance looks a real likely type ,its hard to say whether he will end up a fb or chb.
but its all good for the tigers .

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2008, 12:12:53 PM »
No worries dareel, I'm still trying to figure out how getting a hand out from your parents is something to brag about

It's pretty much the same thing as getting centrelink payments, just from a different source

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »
Great news WP  :thumbsup. Would Danny be pushing for promotion? Also how did Connors do after his late omission from the side on Saturday?

Yep Willy is a great place to walk around in mid-July  ;D

Danny Meyer: I don't know MT, I think he needs some more games in him. But it is a nice change to see him moving freely and obviously fully fit, rather than labouring around like he did last year. If he keeps going the way he is at the moment I reckon Danny would be a chance of game in the last couple of weeks

Connors: Good 1st half, super 2nd half. They directed alot of play through him in the 3rd & 4th because of his good disposal. Has great disposal when he is on song :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »
Good win by Coburg & Tivendale looking fitter everytime l see him, he even took a top grab & 4 goals.
his teasing us all for his return  ;D

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2008, 01:21:43 PM »
The 1st 6 or 7 pages of this thread were good, until page 7 - mod please delete the dribble.

Good win for the Burgers, Tivva is in JJ Liston form, hopefully he can cap it off with a great final series and a Norm Goss.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2008, 07:19:40 PM »
Great news WP  :thumbsup. Would Danny be pushing for promotion? Also how did Connors do after his late omission from the side on Saturday?

Yep Willy is a great place to walk around in mid-July  ;D

Danny Meyer: I don't know MT, I think he needs some more games in him. But it is a nice change to see him moving freely and obviously fully fit, rather than labouring around like he did last year. If he keeps going the way he is at the moment I reckon Danny would be a chance of game in the last couple of weeks

Connors: Good 1st half, super 2nd half. They directed alot of play through him in the 3rd & 4th because of his good disposal. Has great disposal when he is on song :clapping
Ta WP. Good hear Danny is finally injury free and starting to play some good footy - 3 weeks in a row now. Shame about DC doing a hammy. He would be next in after Richo if anyone was dropped.

I see there's no Burgers game this weekend due to the split round. Does anyone know if they are going to give the RFC boys who don't play against Brisbane the week off or is there a practice match or some kind? Unfortunate timing for Kingy and Rainesy to be back from injury and they have to wait another week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2008, 07:50:04 PM »
I see there's no Burgers game this weekend due to the split round. Does anyone know if they are going to give the RFC boys who don't play against Brisbane the week off or is there a practice match or some kind? Unfortunate timing for Kingy and Rainesy to be back from injury and they have to wait another week.

Just read in the local paper "The Mail" that Willy and Coburg are going to play a praccy game this Friday at 4.00pm at Willy
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg vs Williamstown match report (Coburg site)
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »
Match Report Vs. Williamstown
coburgtigers.com.au
By Glenn Robertson

Coburg were heavy underdogs heading into Sundays match as they had lost their previous couple of games and were up against ladder leaders Williamstown. After a very tight first three quarters that saw the score seesaw either way on many occasions it was the Burgers who pulled of a blinder of a last quarter to run away with a brilliant eighteen point victory.

The boys got off to a healthy start and could have had the lead at the first change had they not missed a couple of relatively easy shots on goal.

Daniel Jackson was fantastic all day and used his big body to hit the packs and take multiple contested marks. Daniel really stepped up to the plate this week, and was a key ingredient to the Burgers win.

¼ Time: Coburg 3.6 (24)   Williamstown 4.3 (27)

Neither side could get a break on the other in second term, as both teams defensive units stood tall. Only two goals apiece were scored for the term. Jade Rawlings was proud of his men who had put up a great battle in the first half, but everyone knew there was still plenty of football left to be played.

Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls stood up in the big game and played his best match of the season, his speed and creativity excited supporters from both sides.

½ Time: Coburg 5.8 (38)   Williamstown 6.6 (42)

Both sides came out fired up after the main break and the level of exciting football increased. Each side kicked four majors for the term, which left the game in balance for a great finish. Tristan Cartlidge was brilliant in the ruck and gave his on baller’s first use of the footy out of the middle and around the stoppages; he was well supported from Dean Putt who also contributed on the scoreboard with two goals.

Greg Tivendale was again simply superb for the Tigers. His left foot has to be one of the most lethal weapons in the VFL, and on Sunday it was on fire as he kicked another four goals in a near best on performance. Come finals time his personal performances will help determine how far the Burgers go.

¾ Time: Coburg 9.11 (65)   Williamstown 10.11 (71)

It was neck and neck all day, and the boys came in at three quarter time knowing they had they chance to pull of a big upset against the top team. And that they did! A fantastic last quarter effort saw the Burgers have their best last term for the year. The boys kicked seven goals, and kept the Seagulls to only three. Celebrations were had by all Coburg supporters post game, after a fantastic result for both sides.

The Burgers eighth win of the season sees them one game clear in sixth spot, while a win next week could see them overtake Werribee in fifth position. The Burgers have a well deserved week off this weekend as it is a split round.

Coburg Tigers   3.6 5.8 9.11 16.14 (110)
Williamstown    4.3 6.6 10.11 13.14 (92)

Goal Kickers: G. Tivendale 4, T. Cartledge 2, N. Carnell 2, P. Shelton 2, D. Putt 2, C. Hyde, A. Graham, J. Gazzo, A. Collins

Best Players: D. Jackson, J. Oakley-Nicholls, T. Cartledge, G. Tivendale, C. Howat, D. Meyer

RESERVES

It was the biggest match of the season in the reserves and a large crowd turned up early to witness it. Both teams were undefeated going into the game with twelve wins apiece. However it was the ferocious Burgers who showed their class and came away with a great victory and created a great vibe and atmosphere to start of the day. In the first quarter the boys kicked eight straight goals, to the Seagulls two.

From there on it was a more even contest with the Burgers coming away with a fifty-one point victory. It was simply a brilliant team effort with all players contributing and playing their part for the team.

Coburg Tigers  8.0 11.2 15.11 19.14 (128)
Williamstown   2.0  5.6   6.8      11.11 (77)

Goal Kickers: C. Collard 3, N. Caruso 2, N. Lynch 2, P. Currie 2, T. Dulic 2, J. Jones 2, N. Liddle, C. Corr, T. Simpson, D. Rayson, G. Carrick, M. Davis

Best Players: G. Carrick, J. Riddle, N. Caruso, C. Corr, N. Liddle, S. Foster

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10471-0-0&sID=56260&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=6008179&sectionID=56260

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2008, 04:57:15 PM »

Just read in the local paper "The Mail" that Willy and Coburg are going to play a praccy game this Friday at 4.00pm at Willy
Ta WP. I can't make it but good to hear we'll get a chance to get games into those that need to boost their match-fitness. Is anyone going?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »
Some stats from EOTT:

Tivs 23 disposals, 3 goals after half-time
Cogs 19 disposals in 50% game time
Graham 17 disposals
JON 8 marks (most on the day)
Howat 4 tackles

Best – Coburg:  Tivendale, Jackson, Howat, Cartledge, Meyer, Oakley-Nicholls.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »
Any news if any of RFC guys played today in the Coburg vs Willy praccy match? Hopefully everyone got through okay.