Author Topic: Any positives from last night's game?  (Read 3597 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Any positives from last night's game?
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »
Any?  :-\

jackstar is back again

Re: Any positives from last night's game?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:32:51 AM »
the ponchos i bought at the $2.00 shop work  :thumbsup

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »
i decided not to go at the eleventh hour and Im positive ot was the right decision. my 15min walk to the ground would have drenched me and the next 2 hours would have floored me. I'm better for not putting myself through that misery :thumbsup..But i'll be back to fight another day :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »
Thank god I parked in the MCG car park :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »
As much as last nights game was a complete disgrace we need to remember that those sort of games are going to happen in our search for success. We are young, inexperienced and still very light as a collective. We have shown in the last couple of weeks that we are heading in the right direction but to think that games like last night are behind us is a little premature.

Last night we were out played, out mussled, out coached and umpired out of the game. The Hawks were on from the outset and played the conditions very well just as we played the conditions terribly. We seemed not to want to get in and get our hands dirty. We played dry weather footy and played like we had got ahead of ourselves a little.

For me dropping lots of players after a lose is just not practical at the stage we are at. If there is somebody bashing the door down in the twos then fine but lets not just make changes from the side that has played pretty well in the first two weeks of the year for the sake of making changes just because we lost.
Conca has shown me he is worth persisting with as with Batchlor and Helbig.
Richmond had a bad game last night we all know that but lets take a step backwards and just let these kids play for a while together and I'm pretty sure they will do us all proud. What choice do we have??? :help
It ain't going to happen over night though!!!

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
Kingy  :thumbsup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
The Ponchos :thumbsup
And Nahas

10 FLAGS

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 11:56:36 AM »
And Nahas

I thought you were against Nahas coz hes a lightweight?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 11:57:51 AM »
And Nahas

I thought you were against Nahas coz hes a lightweight?

he was a positive -LAST NIGHT,
One game doesnt make a career, unlike what has happened at Punt Rd in recent years

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58:53 AM »
As much as last nights game was a complete disgrace we need to remember that those sort of games are going to happen in our search for success. We are young, inexperienced and still very light as a collective. We have shown in the last couple of weeks that we are heading in the right direction but to think that games like last night are behind us is a little premature.

Last night we were out played, out mussled, out coached and umpired out of the game. The Hawks were on from the outset and played the conditions very well just as we played the conditions terribly. We seemed not to want to get in and get our hands dirty. We played dry weather footy and played like we had got ahead of ourselves a little.

For me dropping lots of players after a lose is just not practical at the stage we are at. If there is somebody bashing the door down in the twos then fine but lets not just make changes from the side that has played pretty well in the first two weeks of the year for the sake of making changes just because we lost.
Conca has shown me he is worth persisting with as with Batchlor and Helbig.
Richmond had a bad game last night we all know that but lets take a step backwards and just let these kids play for a while together and I'm pretty sure they will do us all proud. What choice do we have??? :help
It ain't going to happen over night though!!!

Excellent post BT - absolutely spot on comments.  Especially the point about getting ahead of ourselves - something I think the supporters might be just as guilty of as the players.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58:58 AM »
top post Big Tone.  :thumbsup

agree wholeheartedly.

Mumma said there'd be days like this.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 12:16:56 PM »
top post Big Tone.  :thumbsup

agree wholeheartedly.

Mumma said there'd be days like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BteIwbKU_iQ

:thumbsup

and next week will be another one

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
Next week would be the week to stay home for everyone. All you be doing is watching misery & funding another club at the turnstiles.

REPHRASE, everyone turn up  ;D buisness as normal lol

jackstar is back again

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
its our home game and I go everyweek, rain hail or shine, lets hope its doesnt rain again though, the Mrs just through the $2.00 poncho in the bin, LOL

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 12:45:16 PM »
its our home game and I go everyweek, rain hail or shine, lets hope its doesnt rain again though, the Mrs just through the $2.00 poncho in the bin, LOL

my draw must be a misprint cause it say Collingwood vs Richmond. l be there in the MCC waving  ;D