Author Topic: Oh no we are favourites next week  (Read 2838 times)

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Oh no we are favourites next week
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »
If we can't get sufficiently fired up to win this game we may as well pack up.

^ spot on...and you can only beat the team you're playing that round - agree we need to start beating top teams, but you've gotta start somewhere...lets get a win, get some confidence up & hopefully bang another nail into Melbum's coffin - they've played well against us the last few years so would probably rate themselves but this is a match we can't afford to lose...plus they're junk...
...the fighting fury...

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 07:09:53 PM »
We will win by 150points +

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
Same as the last two weeks and we won't win, that's it in a nutshell!
What are you basing that on WAT. Based on exposed form, we win easily.
We had pressure and hype in round 1 and competed strongly for 3 1/2 Qtrs Carlton then went on to smash Brisbane.

Mate even if we win, how much will you take out of the game.....really, Martin picks up 33 possies and kicks 4, Riewoldt kicks 7.......bla bla.....we must beat top teams. Who cares if we beat the Dees, what if Edwards plays great and Jackson has a blinder.....does it mean the their past 2 games are canceled?? 

If we can't win pressure games.......WTF, that's what its about.

This is true. We do need to beat the top teams to really progress to have a crack at the premiership but before that we need to consistently win against the weaker teams. We should go in as favourites against the Dees on present form. Just need to maintain our intensity for the contested ball and hope Jack and Vickery can start taking some grabs!!!

dwaino

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
What to take from beating Melbourne? Well I thought progress this year was to close the gap on the top sides as well as put away the bottom sides. Margins from previous two opponents have decreased since our last encounter, and if we belt the daylights out of Melbourne, as opposed to a late game fade away and only coming home strongly, then I reckon we're on schedule  :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »
I wish we beat them by 100+.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
Comparing Carlton and Collingwood to last years matches is unfair
Carlton had 5 players missing and we still got beaten easily
Pies also had several players missing

tony_montana

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »
Comparing Carlton and Collingwood to last years matches is unfair
Carlton had 5 players missing and we still got beaten easily
Pies also had several players missing

yep identifying results as a measurement between individual matches from one season to the next is silly imo,  what if we have a bad day or pies have a good day later this year and we get done by 90pts? will everyone say "we're going backwards" or will ppl look at the mitigating circumstances? You can only measure improvement gradually, 2 games in you cant tell poo - we'll know how we're tracking by rnd 7-8

dwaino

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 08:57:56 PM »
I'd say fair enough if it were just one game, which is why I didn't even bother to think about it last week. But that's improvement on margins 2 from 2. If the results are similar after Geelong and West Coast, despite WC without their 90 goal combo, I'm still going to tick off the improvement box despite what the moaners reckon. Teams are hardly ever 100% fit and anyone could argue that team-X is missing player-Y which means undoing-Z all week.  :gotigers

tony_montana

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
I'd say fair enough if it were just one game, which is why I didn't even bother to think about it last week. But that's improvement on margins 2 from 2. If the results are similar after Geelong and West Coast, despite WC without their 90 goal combo, I'm still going to tick off the improvement box despite what the moaners reckon. Teams are hardly ever 100% fit and anyone could argue that team-X is missing player-Y which means undoing-Z all week.  :gotigers

How we fare against the hawks, cats and eagles will give us a better reflection of where we're at, if the average losing margin against all is down on last year then ill take notice, right now I dont buy it

dwaino

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
Fair call Tony, but I'm confident on improvement. We aren't taking as long to come out of the blocks so far, for instance. Early signs are suggesting the mid game fade away is still around though. The third quarter fade is what nearly lost us the game the last time we played these scum bags.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »
No Colin Sylvia this week which will help. He always seems to get his 30 touches with 4 goals against us. Also Jurrah who adds another 3 or so is missing.

These lesser likes from the toffs are the real danger.

Watts,Blease, Magners,How, Martin,Green, Rivers etc.

Can't let their senior players to find some pride and would be mortified if their kids win them this game with limited output from blokes like Rivers, Green, Moloney, Davey, if he plays.

RFC need to be alert aware and prepared and we will topple the toffs.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »
Drawled usually does a good job on Riewoldt .hard to see us kicking a big score.unless Miller kicks a handful

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 09:44:27 PM »
Drawled usually does a good job on Riewoldt .hard to see us kicking a big score.unless Miller kicks a handful

Jack you mean Frawley lol. :thumbsup We're you watching telly while typing. :lol :rollin :lol

How about Jack do the basics on Saturday and maybe just maybe he might kick 4 goals and kick start his season without trying to take Mark Of The Year each time the ball goes into forward 50.

Miller can continue to play his role. No need for sensationalist comments Jack to persuade the masses.

We aren't hanging people at the Old Alamo in 1880.

We'll win on Saturday if we do the basics better than Melbourne it as simple as that.

Dimma can start by selecting THE BEST 22 who can do that. Jack and Vickery are a part of that.

Jako isn't as he can't and has never done the basics right let alone often.

It's the only way Jack and we all know it. :thumbsup

Let's just see what will transpire.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
Sorry was watching On The Couch.bloody spell check
I meant Frawley

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »
And Tuckerbag
I agree with your post :thumbsup