Author Topic: Tigers vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Friday 4pm [merged]  (Read 24149 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Friday 4pm [merged]
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »
Jack, could you elaborate on mcmahon please?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »

gone

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2010, 07:25:44 PM »
Really liked Browne in the ruck, bye bye to Graham , he was hopeless in the first half and didnt play the second.
Interesting that Simmonds was screaming out to Graham from the bench to move down the ground and Grahman just stood stationary.
Browne actually beat Jolley and Fraser in the ruck

I posted after the practice game at Carrara last year that Browne had already gone past Graham in development.  I didn't see anything from Graham for the rest of 2009 that caused me to rethink, although I only saw Browne once more for a very brief time in round 1.  It would appear from Jack's observations that my opinion is still close to the mark.  Play him again next week Tigers and let him spend 2010 learning in the seniors - he can't possibly be any worse than Graham.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2010, 07:31:55 PM »

Easy, he aint up to it.
Interesting the the 3rd quarter he got a bit frustrated and started slinging guys to the ground after they had disposed of it.
He is way too loose to play in D50.
You cant play unaccountable football when your a bottom side

jackstar is back again

« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2010, 07:41:29 PM »
Really liked Browne in the ruck, bye bye to Graham , he was hopeless in the first half and didnt play the second.
Interesting that Simmonds was screaming out to Graham from the bench to move down the ground and Grahman just stood stationary.

I posted after the practice game at Carrara last year that Browne had already gone past Graham in development.  I didn't see anything from Graham for the rest of 2009 that caused me to rethink, although I only saw Browne once more for a very brief time in round 1.  It would appear from Jack's observations that my opinion is still close to the mark.  Play him again next week Tigers and let him spend 2010 learning in the seniors - he can't possibly be any worse than Graham.

Browne actually tried to run off Jolley and get into the play.
You watch Graham and he just follows the opposition Ruckman around as he hasnt got the footy smarts, never will

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »
I went too.  In the last quarter, McMahon took almost ALL of the kickouts (and there were a LOT of kickouts).  He turned it over EVERY TIME except for 1, where it went out of bounds.  He is a pathetic excuse for a footballer.  Webberly disappointed me.  Contin impressed me, as did Browne, Thursfield and Farmer.  Post can actually take a mark.  HAVE HIM AT THE 50 WHEN TAKING KICKOUTS.

Anything else, just ask.

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2010, 08:28:04 PM »
Anyone know how polak went?
and out of newbies who would most likely debut round 1

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
Just got back from game
Plenty of upside.
Best players were Morton by a mile, liked Kings game up forward, Thursfield was excellent in defense.
Jackson was fairly good in the middle.
Tuck will have to play round 1 for what I seen today
Farmer as well
I liked Taylor although got a bit to learn.

Cant understand why Hicks was rookied as he should be riding at Flemington tomorrow, aint going to make it.

Downside, Rance :chuck :chuck Complete Rubbish, played up forward , went for marks and missed the ball in some instances by a good metre
White and McMahon are a disgrace.

What a relief....  ;D you managed to get a "disgrace" in there ... I was starting to really worry as it would "un Jackstar like" if you didn't manage at least one  :rollin :rollin :rollin

:jump :jump

:invasion :invasion

:outtahere :outtahere

:eyebrow :eyebrow

:ROTFL :ROTFL

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2010, 08:48:25 PM »
well White an McMahon are a disgrace.
Gotta laugh at your "'pin up"" boy WP.
Gus or Goose as he is known at Punt Road, which I might say is a more appropreate Nickname, was huffing and puffing when walking around the boundary after been interchanged, I dont know why, he was stat less once again. ::) :'(

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »
I went too.  In the last quarter, McMahon took almost ALL of the kickouts (and there were a LOT of kickouts).  He turned it over EVERY TIME except for 1, where it went out of bounds.  He is a pathetic excuse for a footballer.  Webberly disappointed me.  Contin impressed me, as did Browne, Thursfield and Farmer.  Post can actually take a mark.  HAVE HIM AT THE 50 WHEN TAKING KICKOUTS.

Anything else, just ask.

how did Posty go, did he get a bit of it, and did he spend any time forward....and how many marks did Vickery take
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
Anyone know how polak went?
and out of newbies who would most likely debut round 1

Polak, just went.

Would be playing Farmer no doubt round 1.
Martin who didnt play would be the other new player I would think.
Taylor ?, Round 1 might be too soon  you would think

the claw

« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2010, 08:57:15 PM »
Is it as good as this match day in the season proper?? :lol
sheesh i hope so .

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »
Roberts played well and morton kicked a great goal from the boundary, but the rest of the team looked sloppy with very poor foot skills and decision making by most players. The first box to tick for our recruiters must be 1. can you kick straight 2. are you reasonably intelligent and/or footy smart and 3.do you weigh over 55kgs and have you ever won a fight.

McMahon always kicks backwards or passes to players under pressure, hopeless. White should think about trying to kick a football straight one time at training instead of running 400's, might be a revolutionary idea. There were few other positives I could see.
2 years into a 35 year plan

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »

Damien Hardwick and his selection committee know who the disgrace is and it is not these players who were picked in the best players. Even though it was just a practice match, they must have carried out the coaches instructions or more.

It is becoming more and more obvious just how little you know about football and especially the positive things happening at Tigerland.

YOU and your back-stabbing nay-sayers are THE DISGRACE that is making our proud club the laughing stock, not any single player busting his guts for the Richmond Football Club. They all have more football talent and personal integrity than you have in your little finger's finger-nail.

You need to get over the fact that you were never good enough to be ONE OF YOUR SO-CALLED DUDS at an AFL football club, yet alone a good player at Tigerland and leave REAL SUPPORTERS to stuggle through the hard times until the good times arrive again. Your jealousy of talented footballers is blatantly obvious.

When the good times arrive lots of us will happily RAM IT DOWN YOUR FLAMIN THROAT.

Now get back to that gutter you came from.

« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »

Damien Hardwick and his selection committee know who the disgrace is and it is not these players who were picked in the best players. Even though it was just a practice match, they must have carried out the coaches instructions or more.

It is becoming more and more obvious just how little you know about football and especially the positive things happening at Tigerland.

YOU and your back-stabbing nay-sayers are THE DISGRACE that is making our proud club the laughing stock, not any single player busting his guts for the Richmond Football Club. They all have more football talent and personal integrity than you have in your little finger's finger-nail.

You need to get over the fact that you were never good enough to be ONE OF YOUR SO-CALLED DUDS at an AFL football club, yet alone a good player at Tigerland and leave REAL SUPPORTERS to stuggle through the hard times until the good times arrive again. Your jealousy of talented footballers is blatantly obvious.

When the good times arrive lots of us will happily RAM IT DOWN YOUR FLAMIN THROAT.

Now get back to that gutter you came from.

If I can translate...

Not happy Jan(ck)!!!!!

:lol