Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 271173 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #1320 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »
Quiet thread this week, must have played ok.

Get over him, FFS, we have watched 9 years of his crap and listened to your crap about him for the same amount of time.

He was rubbish yet again, get easy gaols but he was useless, poor skills again and thrown around like a rag doll.....STILL!!!

As AH said we have given up, what's the point, he is staying and we will have to watch his VFL/country style of football, accompanied by poor skills, a county level football body, poor decision making and lack of effort until he leaves....."he leaves" because we sure as hell wont get rid of the shank!!! :banghead

Did you watch the game, he did play OK against brisbane lions, granted his season on the whole has been crap but the original comment was in regards to the Lions game

I watched it and I watched him specifically. I tried to look for positives every time he went near the ball and I found very little to nothing. The quick hands crap that seem to save him week in week out is ridiculous. There is no point having quick hands if you get the ball to a team mate that is tackled immediately...he really offers little, we have been having this argument for years and he is still the same, he has not changed. He has the cameo games twice a year, has the quick hands..bla bla bla.....he is not good and he is not the future. he should have games like Betts does!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1321 on: July 07, 2014, 09:46:49 AM »
Kicks for goal like a lockett dunstall hybrid

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1322 on: July 07, 2014, 09:58:58 AM »

Get over him, FFS, we have watched 9 years of his crap and listened to your crap about him for the same amount of time.

He was rubbish yet again, get easy gaols but he was useless, poor skills again and thrown around like a rag doll.....STILL!!!

As AH said we have given up, what's the point, he is staying and we will have to watch his VFL/country style of football, accompanied by poor skills, a county level football body, poor decision making and lack of effort until he leaves....."he leaves" because we sure as hell wont get rid of the shank!!! :banghead

Did you watch the game, he did play OK against brisbane lions, granted his season on the whole has been crap but the original comment was in regards to the Lions game

I watched it and I watched him specifically. I tried to look for positives every time he went near the ball and I found very little to nothing. The quick hands crap that seem to save him week in week out is ridiculous. There is no point having quick hands if you get the ball to a team mate that is tackled immediately...he really offers little, we have been having this argument for years and he is still the same, he has not changed. He has the cameo games twice a year, has the quick hands..bla bla bla.....he is not good and he is not the future. he should have games like Betts does!!!

He cant have games likes betts because he is nowhere near as good, but yesterday he played well

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1323 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »

He cant have games likes betts because he is nowhere near as good, but yesterday he played well

That's fine, we look at his style of play differently, how has he been over the season?? How has he been over the years??? how will he go next week...???

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1324 on: July 07, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »
 :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1325 on: July 07, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1326 on: July 07, 2014, 10:23:52 AM »

That's fine, we look at his style of play differently, how has he been over the season?? How has he been over the years??? how will he go next week...???

No we dont, we both think he is crap.

However you said he played crap against the lions and this was not the case.

the claw

« Reply #1327 on: July 07, 2014, 10:28:49 AM »
ive only watched a quarter and a bit so i cant comment on his game.
if he had a good game good on him. its not his first decent game and if he plays enough wont be his last.

the gripe with him is his total inconsistency and the constant same weaknesses in his game that just dont get better.
a decent game should be the norm it should not be the odd cameo here and there.

he rwally has been very ordinary over the journey and he really should have been cut 4 seasons ago.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1328 on: July 07, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »

:huh..really, you of all people???

He's not going anywhere. Think you need to get over it.

the claw

« Reply #1329 on: July 07, 2014, 10:56:36 AM »

:huh..really, you of all people???

He's not going anywhere. Think you need to get over it.
oh dont worry i think plenty are over the rfc and players like edwards not sure if you have noticed but heaps have just giving up in droves. thats what happens when your club cant get things right and hangs onto hacks like edwards for such inordinate lengths of time.
i wouldnt be encouraging to many to get over it you may find yourself the only one left if they arent careful.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1330 on: July 07, 2014, 11:02:08 AM »
i wouldnt be encouraging to many to get over it you may find yourself the only one left if they arent careful.

You've been over the club a long time ago. Don't know why you bother typing anything.
Not much better to do?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1331 on: July 07, 2014, 12:27:52 PM »
Has deserved some criticism in the past but I thought he played pretty well on the weekend.
Interesting stats so far this year. Been a bit of a quiet achiever.

Edwards has been a solid contributor for Richmond all season – he is second at the Club for total clearances, equal second for inside 50s, equal third for goal assists, fourth for goals (16) and fourth for tackles.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-07/edwards-reaps-rewards

Bottom line is now as a senior player he needs to be delivering this stuff regularly.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1332 on: July 07, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »
Thought it was one of his better games on Saturday

He has had a shocking year that's not in dispute but on Saturday he certainly wasn't the worse. Was in the best 6-10 IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1333 on: July 07, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »
Thought it was one of his better games on Saturday

He has had a shocking year that's not in dispute but on Saturday he certainly wasn't the worse. Was in the best 6-10 IMHO

well woopty stuffin do

remind me who we played again and remind me where we are on the ladder.

These downhill skiers play descent footy when the season is shot and we go from the hunted to hunter to quote caro, because the little tamblings cant handle the pressure.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1334 on: July 07, 2014, 01:40:33 PM »
Edwards has been a solid contributor for Richmond all season – he is second at the Club for total clearances, equal second for inside 50s, equal third for goal assists, fourth for goals (16) and fourth for tackles.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-07/edwards-reaps-rewards

:shh